Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 102009 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.1
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 02:09:31 pm »

Maybe. I still haven't found an embark I like to try and get accustomed to things. That undiggable shit annoys the hell out of me as far as layout goes (I have a mild case of OCD with that shit.) And... Well lets just say I wasn't expecting the rats to be so upset at me for settling near thier caves, and the miners not defending themselves from the get go makes for very quick ends to people.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 02:11:40 pm »

I forget, any ranged weapons available at embark?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »

I believe some prefabricated rifles and handguns are, but it'd probably be cheaper to just have a couple guys be hunters and turn off the labor to store thier weapons and ammo.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 06:04:38 pm »

If it is not too much trouble, could you provide an alternative download with just the raw files and possibly world gen file if you have a custom one? Your pre-installed is probably Windows version, which is just extra baggage to download for me.

Certainly. Added an alt download link to the OP.

I forget, any ranged weapons available at embark?

I believe some prefabricated rifles and handguns are, but it'd probably be cheaper to just have a couple guys be hunters and turn off the labor to store thier weapons and ammo.

Only prefab shotguns and pistols are available on embark. With the hunter method, you'd probably get crossbows at most. I had to remove firearms from the Hiver entity because otherwise you'd be able to carve autoguns out of wood, and I can't disable bowyer without getting rid of the rest of carpentry too.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:14:39 pm by Suds Zimmerman »
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:55 am »

Haha I must admit, it is much better than before :P Last time I embarked I get 3 full Z layers of that toxic gunk :P Kinda ruined the game for me when my starting 7 got reduced to 5 (2 miners) within the first game month... Anyway I still despise the micromanagment, but I suppose I can live with it :)

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 08:04:22 pm »

Haha I must admit, it is much better than before :P Last time I embarked I get 3 full Z layers of that toxic gunk :P Kinda ruined the game for me when my starting 7 got reduced to 5 (2 miners) within the first game month... Anyway I still despise the micromanagment, but I suppose I can live with it :)

What micromanagement are you talking about?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.2
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 03:32:43 am »

Another update. Tweaked cooking and water distillation values further.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:30 am »

What micromanagement are you talking about?
All the food stuff. I keep having to tell them to mill that and bleach this :P

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 12:06:15 am »

All the food stuff. I keep having to tell them to mill that and bleach this :P

It's a fair point, I'll grant you, though it stems largely for the unavailability of standing production orders. It's a problem with vanilla boozesmithing, too.

In response, I've added a new crop that requires no processing, for those who have better things to do. It's less efficient than the other sources of food, but hey, it grows and it's edible. I'm not certain how viable it is as a sole food source right now, but give it a try nonetheless. Also added/changed a bunch of other things, check the changelog.

(Also, turns out the leaching reaction was broken. It did absolutely nothing. I really screwed the pooch on that one, eh? I've gone and fixed it - it should correctly produce 2 leached cave spores per 1 unleached, now.)

Thank you for testing this out. I know it's annoying to have to re-gen worlds as fixes are implemented, but through your efforts this mod might just get to the point where someone will enjoy it.

Is it just the time of year, or is this mod really unpopular? I'm scared.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.3
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 05:29:13 am »

I like it personally :) I'd say it's probrably the time of year. Go have a look at some more common peoples profiles, it'll tell you when they were last online (Most havn't been on with 3 or so days)
Also I noticed on embark there are 3 different types of dog? Theres dog male, dog female and... Dog? What's its' purpose?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:46:52 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 06:22:23 am »

I like it personally :) I'd say it's probrably the time of year. Go have a look at some more common peoples profiles, it'll tell you when they were last online (Most havn't been on with 3 or so days)
Also I noticed on embark there are 3 different types of dog? Theres dog male, dog female and... Dog? What's its' purpose?

I had the idea to make a completely infertile caste in order to limit the effectiveness of dog breeding, but now that I think about it, it's completely pointless, since I lowered the female caste's pop ratio anyway. At least you'll know to slaughter them guilt-free, or put them on the front lines without depleting your breeding stocks.

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 09:05:28 am »

What type of stockpile i need to storage Glass bottles? I enabled all Finished goods but they dont stock them.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 09:28:34 am »

What type of stockpile i need to storage Glass bottles? I enabled all Finished goods but they dont stock them.

It appears that the generic glass inorganic that the bottles are made from isn't defined as anything, preventing it from appearing in stockpile lists. Here's a hotfix to rectify the issue. Paste it into your raws' object folder, and your save's raws, too.

Is that even necessary? A&D did that so I have no idea what's up with that - does GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT not work with glass items?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 12:22:31 pm »

So randomly looking back through the modding forum and I find this;
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100255.285
So just how similar are the two? I'm assuming you're just continuing where the last one left off :)

Faulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 12:58:20 pm »

Yes. U didn't read the faq?

Another question, how to get bags? Beside leather. Coz there are only lurkers and they killed 2 of my miners.
And harder... How to transform meal fungi to food? oO
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:52:36 pm by Faulik »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33