Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All workers interupted by military after trader's execution? Help?  (Read 2742 times)

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so I was recently having trouble getting traders to arrive at my fortress. Despite my high population and bin of useless trade goods, no one shows up. So I check around and it looks like a foreign trader (dwarf, I believe) has been wandering the wilderness for a year or so now. Hoping to stop the lack of visitors, I sent out my hammerdorfs to give him a merciful ending. The only problem is, now everyone is being interupted by that military no matter what I asign them to do. On top of that, everyone keeps randomly dying for no known reason. It's a bit upsetting since I just finished my first reactor/mist generator. Any idea on what is killing my dorfs and why my military is scaring everyone into hiding? I wondered if one went beserk, but there was no message and nothing listed in population list.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: All workers interupted by military after trader's execution? Help?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:27:34 pm »

Uh-oh. Loyalty Cascade.

Never send your military against a dwarven trader. EVER. Shit's about to get real.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:36:38 pm »

Well I disbanded the squad and nothing has happend so far... So when's the fun supposed to start?

Also, can you elaborate a little more about what exactly is going on? Also, what might I do to remove an unwanted or glitching stupid trader in the future?

Necromunger

• Bay Watcher
  • Last Survivor of Bodicebent.
    • View Profile
for (Dwarf * newDwarf in dwarfArray){
      [newDwarf cancelJob];
      [newDwarf Drink];
}

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »

Thank you. Also, one more stupid question; Will there be no more trade caravans ever from any civ now?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:14:12 pm »

No, nothing officially has happened. It's just that any dwarf the members of your military fight will attack/flee from dwarven traders. And each other.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »

Well technically everyone could be infected with dissent.

The only solution is to kill them all.

[Or check on their thoughts profile to see if they are an enemy of your civ. But killing everyone is more creative].

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:30:51 pm »

Purge the enemies of the state.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 12:30:36 am »

Note that when these fine gentlemen suggest to kill the offenders, they do mean to use creative, i.e. non-military means. Atom smashers, bridge-loaded death drops, cave-ins, etc. Besides a military action against the frenemies making things worse rather than better, I don't think it's even allowed in the game.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 01:49:15 am »

I really hope this never gets fixed.

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 01:52:05 pm »

Well it seems nothing happened. I'm fairly certain the dissenters were all killed by the loyalists immediately after the incident. A few civilians and at least four soldiers were found dead immediately after. I've no begun work on a farm and an outdoor statue garden (for the glory of the Dorf comrades). Either way, I will keep an eye out for dissent among my dorfs, executing any who oppose our glorious regime or follow the decadant ways of those blue blooded elves.

Oh, and it turns out I'm a moron. Duing a siege my trade depot was broken (and buried under tons of tradejunk) and I didn't rebuild it. Traders are back now (thankfully, since I'm out of surface available wood).