Re: dwarf fortress tabu
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 05:08:47 am »

It is that bad.

Sugarlevi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:21:40 am »

The tv tropes page, has a bit of information about that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:04:46 am »

can somebody tell me what this is refering to? it can really be THAT terrible! if it really is "of limits" then i will delete the thread....
Forget about it, it's not even interesting as an example of what is so terrible. It's subjecting yourself to something bad for the sake of it.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:14:04 am »

If I remember correctly it was a post in a "What are the most horrible things you've done in adventure mode" thread. Basically someone worked out through the power of modding they could preform an act that simulated fatal rape. It was not a pleasant read. 
There was also the infamous "Goblin Fortress" mod thread that had to be removed. I never read that one but I heard some pretty crazy things about it.

Turkkuler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:30:07 am »

If I remember correctly it was a post in a "What are the most horrible things you've done in adventure mode" thread. Basically someone worked out through the power of modding they could preform an act that simulated fatal rape. It was not a pleasant read. 
There was also the infamous "Goblin Fortress" mod thread that had to be removed. I never read that one but I heard some pretty crazy things about it.

well that does sound terrible!, i dont think ill be needing to look into that, dwarf fortress is quite a psycotic game as it stands!!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 12:13:53 pm »

Well I've seen that above conversation and didn't want to dig deeper than that, but wow, that is actually just sick.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:34:22 pm »

Obok Meatgod, god of meat. I don't see why you are all crying about fictional modded rape in a game where you throw babys in pits with rabid dogs to make them stronger.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3782