Poll

Aren't you happy this is back?

Yes
- 7 (87.5%)
No
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 102

Author Topic: [6/8] The Never-Ending Dungeon: AN UPDATE!11??11!!?  (Read 83922 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: ◄•The Never-Ending Dungeon: Chapter 2 -- The Grimoire of Specters•►
« Reply #1020 on: February 10, 2014, 09:31:36 pm »

I regret to inform that Weirdsound's character Smashy has been removed from play. As I always do, his character information has been preserved in the case that he is able to rejoin.
If IronyOwl doesn't post for next turn, his/her character will be removed from play.
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
The Never-Ending Dungeon

"Do you have any ch-" Maseau says before interjected by a powerful shockwave of fire -- the flames tear the shop's wall off and turns it into ashes which suck into the epicenter of the explosion. The armored man's beam of dark purple energy dissipates, and he turns his wicked red eyes to the fishing market. Urak gasps as he turns his head around in a panic, having no idea what's going on. M'ber looks to the wall which is now gone and indifferently reaches out for his magical bow. He moves it to his side -- the cold wood of it tingles against his fingers in a new way. He hasn't fired a bow in so long, after all. As he does so, Maseau retracts his wand from out his pocket and prepares for combat.

---

"M'ber! M'ber..!" Rillsim calls out in a panic as he runes through the storm of surging dark phantoms. But, as he is almost reaching to the shack -- he takes sight of a horrific event. Two dead cats and an elf lay lifeless and pale upon the cold ground, as if their own souls were sucked from their bodies.  He hastily pushes the door open to Urak's shop which appears to be missing a wall, gasping for breath as he looks towards M'ber.

---

"What the -HELL- is going o-" Dirus exclaims when suddenly, he stops mid-sentence and looks down in shock. A spear appears to have been lunged -- straight through his chest through the ship's metal hull. The spear surges with a dark energy which arcs purple energy to Dirus. The goblin meekly kneels down, blood coming out through his mouth.

"DIRUS!" Morina bellows in terror, dropping her magazine against the cold metal ground. She dives down at his side, looking down at his almost-lifeless body. Dirus simply raises his teal-colored, battle scratched hand towards her in mercy -- it was clear that he was going to die.
 ".......Thank you......." he speaks in exasperation, gasping in quick breaths as he gathers the strength to move his arm -- let alone speak. His hand drops to the ground, his body now pale and lifeless as blood pools under him to Morina's horror. She stands up and takes a panicked step back, her entire body trembling as tears flow from her eyes.

"We better get ready for some major shit..." the Red Mage says with a sigh as flames appear within his palms. Dan follows his partner's example as a hammer flies into his hands which close upon it's leather grip tenaciously. Gordan is still nowhere to be found as the dark phantoms continue to advance towards the ship -- with the orc's roar bellowing in the distance as it closes in. In the center of the room stands the now-defined form of The Welder who slowly takes out his machete. Suddenly, the figure of a wraith moves within the ship's entrance, leaving a trail of dark-purple mist. The Welder steps forward and thrusts the machete into the wraith's chest. The wraith lets out an eerie scream as it dissipates.

"I think this guy's friendly." The Red Mage comments.

Dirus has died.
Gordan has died.
2 cats have died.

Smashy has left the party.
John 'The Welder' Defoe has joined the party.

♦Players♦
Spoiler: M'Ber (12) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thingy (30) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shkasha (25) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rillsim (25) (click to show/hide)

1 extra player slot

Spoiler: ΩDungeon-ExΩ (click to show/hide)

☼ENEMIES☼

♥ALLIES♥
Scamps the Cat [10]
Red Mage [30]
Dan Straight the Soviet Wizard [25]

¤COLLECTED ARTIFACTS¤
¤¬Dark Mage Head⌐¤
ΩDungeon-ExΩ
Θ«Bow of Frigid WindsΘ»
¬+Breastplate of Stealthed Sight+⌐
ε))Rollerskates of Blazing Glory((ε
☼Arsonist's Joy☼
◄•Key to the Never-Ending Dungeon•►
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: [1 Extra Slot] The Never-Ending Dungeon: Chapter 2 -- The Grimoire of Specters
« Reply #1021 on: February 10, 2014, 10:32:00 pm »

A gnome waddles into the room puffing and wheezing. He breathlessly slips his oversized backpack from his shoulders and wipes the sweat from his forehead using a tiny rag he has stuffed under his belt. He unclasps the pack and starts rooting around in it. He curses and leans further and further inside until only a pair of small hairy feet are sticking out.

A-ha!

He falls out of the backpack, scattering its contents across the floor. He holds a small blue orb aloft in one triumphant fist. Without bothering to collect the spilt things he places the orb carefully on the ground, then wrings his moist rag until a single drop of sweat drips onto the orb. It vaporizes with a hiss and the orb glows and shakes.

*POOM* Aw fuck its good to be outta there!! The young silver-haired blue mage stretches his limbs and works the cricks out of his neck.

OI GNOMEY! GIT YER ARSE MOVIN!

GEAR: POINTY BLUE STAFF, WORTHLESS GNOME, BOOZE KEG
SPELLS: SHRINK, FREEZE, SLOW TIME

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [1 Extra Slot] The Never-Ending Dungeon: Chapter 2 -- The Grimoire of Specters
« Reply #1022 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:34 pm »

((You shoulda had Smashy been killed, IMHO.))

"Quiet, gnome, I'm busy. So, Welder, what are you doing here?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:37 am »

Summon multiple slimes.
Crack-a-lack-a

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 11, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »

Was I skipped? I think i was skipped...

Same action! Inotherwords, find comms system!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 11, 2014, 08:52:22 pm »

Am I required to catch up on what has happened so far, or may I simply submit a character sheet and have on-the-job training for extra challenge?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 11, 2014, 09:17:10 pm »

Am I required to catch up on what has happened so far, or may I simply submit a character sheet and have on-the-job training for extra challenge?

If you want a good read of a completely nonsensical plot, go for it.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 11, 2014, 09:23:47 pm »

Was I skipped? I think i was skipped...

Same action! Inotherwords, find comms system!

I ALWAYS forget Aseaheru.

---
 Thingy and Scamps begin to check out the ship's COMMs system, completely oblivious to the actions outside. They stumble across it built in the control panel in the command room. Thingy moves over -- it appears to be able to project a holographic video and sound. He presses the button which triggers, when suddenly a blinking red message appears on the screen.

SELF DESTRUCT INITIATED

Thingy panics a moment before another message pops up.

Kidding <3

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 11, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »

Talonis Wolf comes flying out of a wall, knocking over (your choice of player). Getting up, you glares at the party and growls " Why'd you get in my way?".

EQUIPMENT: Big Hammer topped with Wolf Skull, Mechnical Dohickeys and tools.

ABILITIES: Wolf Acolyte (have fun with that), Overcomplicating, Mechanic.

...do I need to post a action? Or should I wait to see if I appear in the square or in the ship?

Edit: Put me in when you get an opening. I was confused by the "1 Extra Slot" in  thread title... Unless there is a slot open?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:18:01 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 11, 2014, 10:35:50 pm »

Rillsim mops his brow, swallowing as he gazes upon the two bodies. Those poor people...nothing to be done for them now...he should find M'ber; it is even more vital now! He might know what's going on, after all...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 11, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »

Caught up. Is the ship inspired by "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"'s 'Heart of Gold'?
GENERATION 32:

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 12, 2014, 08:48:21 am »

Caught up. Is the ship inspired by "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"'s 'Heart of Gold'?

It's pretty much a super-hightech pirate ship.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 12, 2014, 08:51:44 am »

((You shoulda had Smashy been killed, IMHO.))

"Quiet, gnome, I'm busy. So, Welder, what are you doing here?"

I usually don't kill players if they don't post anymore, unless they actually quit themselves.

And the welder's in the ship, you're in Urak's Shack which no longer has part of a wall.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 12, 2014, 08:53:59 am »

Rillsim mops his brow, swallowing as he gazes upon the two bodies. Those poor people...nothing to be done for them now...he should find M'ber; it is even more vital now! He might know what's going on, after all...

he found M'ber

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 12, 2014, 10:02:07 am »

And the welder's in the ship, you're in Urak's Shack which no longer has part of a wall.
Oh.
"...Excuse me, Urak, I would like to conclude this business swiftly."

Shoot armored man. Use distraction to haggle good price for the bomb.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 102