Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447954 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #1005 on: October 28, 2013, 11:23:12 pm »

Ha, I'd forgotten about The Curse of NAV. This prompted a change in the entry from....

Going to NAV, the beersmith in our fort, I plan long and hard. I have found NAV to be a good fellow, always intoxicated, surly and violent and with a curse never far from his mouth. I like him, and have put him in command of our new squad of crossbow wielding maniacs. The Light save me for this, but who better to command them than another lunatic?

To...

Going to NAV, the beersmith in our fort, I ask him to become the leader of a group of crossbow wielding maniacs who will no doubt be in the thick of he battle, shedding blood, taking hits. I explain the honour of the position, the power to be had from it. I also explain the death rate of the military, how mutiny is common, how he will have to carry the dead of his squad back on his own shoulders. And then, I drop the worst news of all on him. I tell him of the scarcity of food, the restricted rations....and also the lack of booze. He looks at his flagon of ale. He looks at me, drunken befuddlement writ large on his face. A dim understanding dawns on him, and he looks down and then back to me again. He sputters and starts to shake, lips twisting. I am tempted to back away, for he looks like a volcano with red cheeks flaring. From his writhing lips come the first words he has said since I came in. "Well bollocks," he whispers and, blood draining from his face, faints in his chair, head lolling backwards and drool dribbling down his chin. The Light save me for doing this, but who better to command them than another lunatic?

That'll teach you to call me an undead abomination!

Edit: More to the point, that will teach you NOT to call me an undead abomination! Wow, really know you're tired when you say the complete opposite of what you meant  :o
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:03:10 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 29, 2013, 12:23:40 am »

Ahhh, the original curse of NAV. I had forgotten of that. I can't believe we brought it up right now since it feels like a lifetime since I wrote it. You guys are great.

I think Sprin was seen as your run-of-the-mill doctor since most forumites see doctors as madmen. Hence why they weren't all that scared of him.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 29, 2013, 12:26:11 am »

I think Sprin was seen as your run-of-the-mill doctor since most forumites see doctors as madmen. Hence why they weren't all that scared of him.
Insanity is the norm around here.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 29, 2013, 12:29:26 am »

Ahhh, the original curse of NAV. I had forgotten of that. I can't believe we brought it up right now since it feels like a lifetime since I wrote it. You guys are great.

Well, he DID like to pull out a chainsaw on us...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 29, 2013, 12:37:16 am »

No it's not! InsanityIncarnate hasn't posted recently
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 29, 2013, 12:39:41 am »

No it's not! InsanityIncarnate hasn't posted recently
He's right you know...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 29, 2013, 08:25:41 am »

So: The young girl, Timeless Bob, killed herself a demonic yak before dying from her wounds, huh?  AND created an artifact crown of coal?  I think she'd like to come back to the only home she's ever known.  Please re-dorf her into the next baby born.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 29, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

Alrighty. Since Elephant Parade won't be taking his turn anytime soon, he'll be put at the end of the turn list, unless he says that he wishes to be removed from it. Meanwhile, Ruhn will have to take over after DwArfY (funny how everybody is wondering how to delay their turn all the time).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 29, 2013, 03:45:59 pm »

Alrighty. Since Elephant Parade won't be taking his turn anytime soon, he'll be put at the end of the turn list, unless he says that he wishes to be removed from it. Meanwhile, Ruhn will have to take over after DwArfY (funny how everybody is wondering how to delay their turn all the time).
If ruhn went after me, we'd be going backwards in the turn order (I think?)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 29, 2013, 04:01:45 pm »

If ruhn went after me, we'd be going backwards in the turn order (I think?)

If DwArfY didn't take his turn, then yes. It'd be going backwards. But since he's taking his turn and Elephant Parade is being put on the end of the list, that is no longer the case.

After looking a bit at Cycle 1 and the current turn list, I'm proud of you guys. You didn't need my intervention after the first one (I blame you, Highmax. We were literaly on death's door [as per usual]). That takes some guts to pull off.

EDIT: Well except the story magic after Sprin's turn but you get the point. I haven't intervened in quite a while.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 30, 2013, 03:41:53 pm »

7th Granite
I stand at the battlements looking out at a scene from my darkest nightmares. The odd twisted and charred tree rises from the ashes strewn on the ground, and bones poke through the grime and dirt. And the corpses…the corpses stand and stare back. They no longer howl or moan, they don’t make a noise. The wind whistles past them, but they just stand and stare. Watching me. Shuddering, I turn away from their silent vigil and go back down the ladder and into the fortress. The moment my foot touches the ground a howl rises from one, and then a shriek from another. Soon the noise cuts through the entire fortress again. They do that every-time I leave their sight. I remember many sieges, many hordes pitched against us by the cruel god Fain….but this, this is the worst. No siege has ever lasted this long, no siege has ever just stood there…waiting. I can almost feel their hunger for my flesh, feel their teeth sinking in….No! I will not let them. Fain will not have me.

I stalk through the halls, not seeing the walls or even thinking of where I am going. What will I do? Those zombies were obviously sent to destroy me, to wait until we snap and attack them. I stick out my hand and grab a passing boy by the shoulder as he jogs past. He looks at me and his eyes widen. “Y..Y.Yes S…Sir?” Why is he so scared? I don’t have time to think on such small matters.

“Boy, I want you to do something for me” I say, staring into his eyes. I try to give him a reassuring smile. If anything he looks even more terrified. Foolish boy! When will these people start believing that I’m not an undead abomination? “I want you to tell NAV that he is to pepper those husks above ground with bolts. Tell him to leave none standing. Okay?”

“Yes sir, right away!” He said. Standing upright, he gives a quick grin and jogs on his way, leaving me dumbfounded. Did I say something that encouraged him? I don’t know. Shaking my head, I continue stalking the halls, wondering about Fain, about Armok. Planning, I hope, for when Forumites will once again be free of them both. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fire like a molten sea with imps of fire and men of flame, demons and horrors. And rising through them all, a fiery hand, a brand of doom with a blackened face made of coal looming behind it. It encloses me, envelops me…The whispers of Armok weave through my mind. The boom of drums echoes as he tells me what I should do, what I have to do. Screaming from pain and anger at being trapped, I jerk upwards and throw a punch at the face hovering in front of me. A child’s face gawps down at me. With effort I pull the punch short inches from his bulbous nose. My legs are trapped, so I reach over and light the lamp beside me. The light shows the bedroom and my body wrapped in sweat-drenched bed clothes. My shuddering breaths even out and I collapse backwards into my pillows. Another dream. Just another dream. That’s what I tell myself every time but…I only ever had that type of nightmare when Armok was controlling me. Could I still be under his thumb and not know it?

Once I have recovered I focus my eyes back on the messenger child, the same as before. He again looks at me with fear in his eyes. I sit back up. “M…m..my lord. I ha..a..ave a messa..ge for y…y..you” He stammers, eyes not looking up from the stoney floor. He seems to relax himself, and his back straightens like the steel our smiths are renowned for. I smile to myself - this child is a brave one indeed to recover so quickly after nearly being attacked by the “Undead abomination of Necrothreat”. He again opens his mouth “The zombies aren’t falling sir, not like you asked NAV to make them. They seem to fall…and then the men say they feel some dark force at work and they rise again, bringing with them any limbs torn off.” He stops speaking and looks back at the cracks in the ground as if he could hide in them.

So…Fain’s foul magic is here as well. It strikes me as weird that I hear this news just as I have my nightmare…but surely it is a coincidence. My dreams are just dreams, I am still safe. But what am I to do now though? The dead are not going back to their graves. “Is there no good news” I mutter to myself. Nevertheless, the messenger answers.

“Yes sir. The men grow better at the crossbow. I have been told by Crossbow Commander NAV to tell you that two show real promise.” He edges closer to me and hands me a slip of paper. 

"What's your name boy?" The child looks up, a small grin taking shape on his lips. His fear seems to be mostly forgotten.

"Bob, my lord, though everyone calls me Timeless Bob" I nod, taking note of the name. This child has strength....he will be a fine Forumite. We will have need for strong Forumites before this is all over. I hope to be one of them, that I will not cave under the pressure. Even as I think this I feel a shadow press on my mind, and an echoing chuckle seems to bounce around in my skull. A dream...it was just a dream!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I forgot to mention, rule No. five says that I should state any game breaking bugs, and I have to say that the zombies ripping off their own limbs and raising again, and not only this but Necromancers reanimating them all within a few seconds is as close to game breaking as I can think. It wouldbe okay if they went away...but they stay there and we are stuck under ground. Maybe Talvieno or whoever modded them in can make it slightly less...utterly and totally murder to walk outside. Then again, it may take away the character of Necrothreat to be able to go outside...but anyway. I'll leave it up to you whether or not you want to change it, I only have to deal with it for a year  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:53:40 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 30, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »

I think the only way to destroy those limbs is through using lava. Just like how it was done in Boatmurdered. I do agree that it's a bit gamebreaking but I do not wish to remove it, merely tone it down if possible by adding a cooldown or something. I myself can't mod though so I can't do anything about it. Anyone is welcome to try to fix it if they want.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 30, 2013, 04:42:48 pm »

*Sighs* Fine, I'll start work on a stack.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 30, 2013, 06:17:53 pm »

*Sighs* Fine, I'll start work on a stack.
Good gods... First the flames that burned the fields and now lava that purges the land!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 30, 2013, 08:59:50 pm »

Anyone remember the Trialfires magmafall? We need the same thing in Necrothreat.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 121