Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447598 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #1185 on: December 06, 2013, 01:22:22 am »

I'm trying to think as to whether that's a reference to something, or if you thought it up yourself.
It seems familiar, but nothing immediately comes to mind.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 06, 2013, 11:45:28 am »

I'm trying to think as to whether that's a reference to something, or if you thought it up yourself.
It seems familiar, but nothing immediately comes to mind.
I took like 4 things, two of which are from my own head, and meshed them together. There is a reason why i did this as such
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 07, 2013, 01:54:31 pm »

I await the next part of your tales, Highmax, with incredible eagerness. I wonder what happens next! Will Ur meet his demise? Who is left to recruit? Ah so many questions.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 10, 2013, 06:09:41 pm »

The Horn is Sounding War

A horn is heard to blare its sound
In land of shade and rocky mound;
It echoes ‘neath the baleful sun
And flows across the river’s run

A shard of light, it pierces dark
And lights the world with fiery spark.
It spreads its blast across the land
And rises high with soaring lark

The banners come with setting sun
They crowd around the horn
And listen to its brazen call;
For Necrothreat they mourn

A hand on banner tightens white
With anger boiling red
And staff of war is held in fist,
Recalling what they made;

In Necrothreat, In Necrothreat;
They made in Necrothreat
The fort which held against the dark
As olden glory set

The spires like spikes there tore the sky
And gates of gold were locked
Against the vengeful zombie tide
Where the dead, shambling, walked.

Those spikes like needles thrust too far
‘Til stars of light there shone
Atop their toppling towers of stone
Which now have long been gone.

Their works were trapped in deadly dark
As kingdoms fell away,
But still we see there Necrothreat
Forever searching day

Now jump ahead to hear the horn
Send forth its vibrant voice
To gather all the fallen men
As Forumites rejoice

“Remember, remember” they murmur,
A chant to match the horn.
In waves it travels through their ranks;
“To remember we are sworn”

The gleam of golden horn you see;
It’s clenched in land of strife
And blown with fervour in this world
By Highmax wielding life.

Again his call is heard around,
And all come hither near.
Apiks, BFEL and Mastahcheese
All bring their war reindeer.

I laughed a bit when writing war reindeer  :)

Any progress, NAV? I hope we haven't succumbed to the damned just yet! Besides, ending two Necrothreats is just one too many, don't you think?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 10, 2013, 11:49:38 pm »

The Seafaring People

He told me his name was Dastot, which was the same in our language for spear. The village, or moreas the town with how many lived there, was only an hour away. He told me that there was strangeness to this land; that those who died stayed dead. Normally this was fine, but in this hell? It’s a rarity and a blessing. Perhaps this land is untouched by Ur’s taint? He brought me to the elder of the group, and I asked where we were and he smiled and told me we were in a safe place; a place away from Ur’s taint. The orb I destroyed was apparently Ur’s last taint on this place, sealed away and held back by enchantments and other things in that place we just left. The elder then told me he knew why I would show up, as it was forseen by the one that brought them here. I asked if he still lived and he told me that the Deceiver can never truly die. If he died, he would be resurrected as a woman, and if she died as a woman, he would be resurrected as a man, and it would repeat until the end of time. It sounded very familiar, but I paid little heed to it. I immediately asked him if there were those here who would join me, and he nodded with a grim smile.

“Our men trained everyday for this day. They will join you. The women will remain behind with the children; they will be safe here from the taint of that demon-spawn. Five hundred men are yours to command.” I was shocked; that was a large force alone! And these were large hulking fourmites that were all trained well in combat. I thanked him and then asked if he had ships to carry them across the sea, and he laughed. “Right this way, child. I will show you to the docks. Dastot, ring the dragon’s bell, you set sail immediately.” He got up and showed me towards the shores, where ten longships with dragon heads marking the front and back. Their sails were marked also with a dragon, but only a side image. A bell went off, followed by a horn, and it appeared every man had marched towards the docks, all armed to the teeth. They got on the ships and awaited me. The elder wished me luck and then we began to set sail. Somehow, they knew already where we were going and began to raise the sails, which carried wind, unlike during my travels at sea alone.

We sailed out, and Dastot was in the ship I was in. I asked him about the Deceiver and he told me that Armok had a servant that betrayed him, but killed a great evil when he marked the evil as a traitor to Armok. He was the father of Ur, the great demon. His mark was the one who I found the necklace on. I stared at that pendant and I asked him about it. He told me it was the mark of a lesser god, a forge god. The blade on it represented that he was the patron god of warriors as well. I held it for a second and then the fog rolled in again, thicker then it was before.

The ships kept straight on, but the wind seemed to die down. Suddenly, it got darker, and amongst the ships, we heard another ship sailing amongst us. Suddenly, a man shouted on another ship “Nagalfar! The ghost ship of the dead mean to kill us all!” Suddenly, we heard it close in, and another longship arrived which appeared to be made out of bones, skulls and fingernails. On it was an army of undead, led by a man in black robes. “You’ll never make it to Necrothrat, Swordsman! You and the people of Apiks will never make it!” The name answered it all; these people followed apiks! But… Where was he? I thought he lived and was still on the new homes? Then everyone drew their weapons; most of them were axes but some were swords. Then, the ship lowered a plank, and the dead began to come aboard. I charged and knocked several into the sea before the others behind me came by and did the same. Rain began to fall and thunder began to pound over the sound of swords and axes breaking bone and flesh. Many of the men cheered as the lightning struck, as if it was an omen.

I fought my way onto the ship of the dead, but there were just as many on board as there were coming off. But that robed man kept reviving anything I put down, so I couldn’t stop the horde. I killed my way through and then grabbed him. I then felt him shock me, which hurt more since I was soaked from the rain. “Fight me, Swordsman! You cannot stop me! Not when I have much more allies down below!” Suddenly, the ship’s floor broke open and husks began to climb out, all armed just as much as the others were. I swung my blade at the man, but he blocked it. I felt a dagger stab into my side as a husk attacked me, and I cleaved his head off. The body fought on, and I threw a fireball at the husk, burning it and keeping it dead. I then made a rock appear and cover one of the holes the husks were coming out of. It would only slow them down. I turned to the necromancer who stood at the bow of the ship. He cackled as a blade of blood red appeared in his hands. I charged, and we clashed. I swung my blade at him quick and he returned each one with a blow of his own, both of our exchanges blocked by the other. We were equal strong, and we were locked in battle; we would not escape the other until one died. More husks began to pour out, and then the soldiers began to start grabbing the dead and throwing them overboard so the necromancer couldn’t resurrect them. I realized I had to do something, and then I charged the necrothreader and leapt off the side of the ship.

I couldn’t tell you exactly what happened there, but I saw what appeared to be two gods fighting. Ur, the robed figure fighting with a staff that was black as night, and a god clad in armor with a hammer in one hand and a sword in the other. Lightning struck everytime his hammer hit anything, and thunder whenever the sword clashed. This lesser god seemed to fight for us; wanting to aid our cause. I then saw the necromancer and I stabbed him with my blade as well as I could three feet under the water. I swam up and the battle above me continued, both with the gods and the husks and fourmites. I couldn’t keep myself up for long and I slowly let the sea swallow me. I watched as Dastot and the others fought on, sending more dead and husks to join me in the cold water waves. I closed my eyes and I stopped breathing as my head plunged into the sea. I felt nothing then. I felt the void of death, and it seemed that death also was permanent here, for I didn’t feel that taint either. I felt free. I drifted and opened my eyes again. The dead ship was on fire now, and more dead fell into the sea.

I blinked and saw the flames and the battle with the dead. I blinked again and saw the lesser god fight Ur. I blinked again and saw the bone ship starting to collapse. Another blink and the god stabbed Ur in the chest, wounding him. Again, and the ship breaks apart and sinks into the sea. Again, and Ur escapes, black blood flowing out of his wound as the lesser god smacks him with his hammer. One final time and I feel a hand tug on my collar. I can breathe again, and I’m pulled up by two of those fourmites. I gasp for air and all fifty men stand around me, Dastot standing overtop, trying to help me up. “We did it. You killed the robed one, and that gave us victory over the ghost ship. You truly are the great warrior the Deceiver told us about. We fought for him and gave him our loyalty, now we fight for you, swordsman Highmax.” I got up and we saw the tainted land as the fog began to give way.

We landed, and all five hundred men assembled. We then began our long trek to the fortress. Even if we could fit the ships into the narrow river, we could never bring them upstream for long. For days we marched, and then we saw the reindeer cavalry coming to greet us as we saw their camp outside of the old fortress. It must have indeed been cursed then. Mastacheese and Toady greeted me as they came by, in awe by the number of men I assembled to aid us. “We waited for you to return, but many thought you would never return. Toady and myself thought you would come back, and you came to us with a great army. What are your orders Highmax? Everyone has better arms now thanks to Tal Denber’s hoard of weapons and the like, we only await your call.”

Dastot handed me his war horn and as we marched down, I blew it, and the entire camp got up, everyone grabbing their weapons and armor. When I marched in, we all marched towards our destination; the mountain where the Dark Tower of Ur lay waiting for us…

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 11, 2013, 12:38:27 am »

Oh my, oh my. That was absolutely stunning and amazing, Highmax28. And yet the deceiver still lives but is missing. Hah. I wonder if we'll get to see him. Funny how DwArfY's Poem fit so nicely. Well done, you two, well done.

EDIT: So what's the total number of troops that we have?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:55:46 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 11, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »

*applauds Highmax*
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 11, 2013, 12:31:40 pm »

Battle shall soon be joined!
They march forth to cleanse the land- to allow the dead to rest in peace once more!
The united armies of the forumites refuse to give in, even though the cost may be high.
Forward, to do that which must be done!

-Unknown Scholar, the Age of Heroes

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:46 pm »

The Bloody Battle

We never stopped moving, all one thousand plus soldiers, all of us armed. Many were mounted on reindeer, and some hit their shields in time with our marching. We made it over the hill and saw that Ur awaited us all.The great armies of the dead were at the ready; dead thralls at the front with the heavily armored husks towards the middle and the great undead monsters at the rear and sides with Necromancers riding them. The taint was so powerful and so thick that you could taste death on your lips. The air was thick now, and no fog of war coated the field, only the dust coming up from the earth of the thralls beginning to come at us. There was thousands of the mindless dead and they formed the biggest front, all with tooth and claw at the ready.

The seafaring people all readied their weapons, the maidens and their people as well. The reindeer cavalry readied to charge, lances and spears at the ready, and the followers of BFEL were all ready with their weapons, him at the ready with his armor. Bain, Chiad, Dastot, Mastacheese, BFEL, Toady and even Tal were at my side as we moved towards the tower. As we went down the slopes, the thralls sped up, coming up to a trot. As they came to the root of the hills, I sounded Dastot’s horn again, and then nothing but a cry of war echoing over the field as we ran down the slopes. Then the sounds of metal and wood meeting flesh and bone sounded as our forces met. The thralls fell quickly under our might, but the oddness was they didn’t rise back up. They STAYED dead. Maybe Ur’s taint wasn’t focused on that? The seafaring people then set the bodies on fire, and more thralls died as arrows of fire ripped apart the sky, torching the fields. I slashed and stabbed, killing all undead before me, as a great storm of metal. We kept on, and we managed to destroy many of the enemies as we moved on ahead. The husks then began advancing as did the undead monsters. Bears, giant praying mantises, and even wolves were there. Arrows of fire kept on, and flames grew higher and higher as the chaos continued.

I heard a shout of war as Mastacheese led the valiant charge into the enemy, cutting down the thralls and breaking off to meet the undead beasts as the husks advanced. No one will sing of this day, and no one will remember this day, for this day we fight to destroy the death lord himself. When we kill the enemy, we free someone, and when we die, we are returned to the curse here. We fight, we kill and we die; none will stop our suicidal attack. The husks made it to us, and then the fighting was halted as the fires began to grow higher. We were stuck where we were and husks clashed their weapons with us. The seafaring people let out great war shouts as they fought the husks and destroyed them quickly as they did out at sea. Axes split skulls, swords split open stomachs, and decayed insides spilled across the fields. A rank stench filled the air as dead began to pile up and burn. Smoke coated the field and my eyes began to burn. I then cut my way through the husks, and the reindeer cavalry returned, trampling over the husks and the monsters. The theadromancers began to come, but they were cut down by arrows and thrown weapons. Some fallen allies got back up, but they were cut down as well. Suddenly, deep roars from deep below were heard, and from the distance, twenty undead dragons came out and flew towards us. More fire engulfed the field, torching everything in their wake.

I could never explain the chaos in that moment and onwards. Undead wurms began to rip apart the earth as they emerged, and a great mass of ravens came out, creating a black cloud over the tower. They then descended upon us, ripping apart our forces as they devoured our flesh. I felt several bits of flesh come off before I unleashed flurry after flurry of spells. Lightning, fire, ice and even the earth itself was under my command. It was too much… I felt the magic consume me like it was trying to do when I was standing on top of Necrothreat. Flames engulfed the fields and the ravens were all gone now. The dragons fell down, but then a great roar was heard as the largest dragon I have ever seen took wing. It was larger then the one I fought days earlier. It then swopped down and began eating the dead. “Nhiddog! The dead eater takes flight!” the seafaring people cried. What were these monsters that they knew names for? Arrows filled the air again and bounced off its scaled flesh. It didn’t breath fire, but it didn’t have to; the dead that dropped from its maw killed enough. It landed and ate more of the dead and began to move towards us. There were little forces on the field of war now, but the wurms and the dragon were destroying us all. I charged towards the dragon, his roars deafening my ears. I cut down many husks and thralls before the dragon was before me. It went to bite down on me but I plunged my blade into his mouth. It glowed brighter then before as it dug into his flesh. His teeth didn’t touch me and his jaw didn’t close. It roared in pain as I began to cut into its body as I did again.

I stopped at its neck and began to cut through his neck and the beast roared. I saw the flames through the walls of flesh, and in seconds, the beast’s head lay down before me. I climbed on top and saw the wurms being slain. I let out a victory shout as the thralls and husks retreated to the tower. The last of the reindeer cavalry charged as did the rest of us. All of us marched to destroy that tower, and then we butchered the thralls and husks as they fled. We ran them down, and then we made our way towards the tower. The leaders were at my side as we were covered in blood, gore and sweat. The last of our armies made our way towards the tower. And that was when the gates of the tower broke open and the greatest legion of dead, threadromancers and undead beasts poured out to greet us. I charged and cut them down, the other heroes fighting by my side did the same. Death was at its strongest here, and the air was so thick with it you could feel it seep into your bones.

I pushed my way in, the others fighting the waves that came down. I made my way up, receiving cuts from the sheer numbers but not even a single more then a scratch. I slaughtered many dead, and even more husks. I went up, floor after floor, and I heard cackling as I cut through the enemy lines. I had to release magic as I got four floors up, quickening my pace. Slashing and stabbing I cut through the enemy dead, and slaughtered them as they dropped. I burned even more dead, several times clearing an entire floor. I killed more and more, and I heard my allies making it up here as well. I knew I had to aid them. I then kept going, floor after floor after floor. I asked myself how many I went up; how many floors had I cleared? How high was I up now? It felt like miles up, as if I made it three times the height of the tower. I made it to a part of the tower where no dead roamed.

The room was strange, holding many symbols of birth. I then saw that there was signs of carvings used for the birth of a boy. I looked closer and saw my name. I ignored it as I went up again. It showed me then more signs about myself, my past life as I trained with a sword back in the first necrothreat. I went up another floor and I saw the horrors I saw at the slaughter at Glidesnarls. Another floor and I saw my first days at Necrothreat with its signs. Was the tower trying to make me loose my mind? I walked up another and saw more of my time at necrothreat. Each time I went up, it showed me more of my past until I made it to the fall, where on the next floor, a man in black and red robes stood before me.

“You’ve come Highmax… You said you would destroy me one day… Perhaps it is today… Perhaps it won’t happen. But even if you kill me, you won’t stop my forces; I’ve already dispatched thousands of threadromancers to the above world, you cannot stop all of them!” Ur laughed.

“Above world?” I asked. “You didn’t figure it out? You are aware of what happens when you hit the cursed ores at its peak? You find a portal to the world of hell. And your worlds hell? Is this world… Yes, your new home is just plastered on top of the old world. Armok thought he trapped me, but he failed! I had many forces survive, and my death in the first years of time gave me power so great, nothing can stop me! Kill me now if you wish Highmax, nothing can save your precious world! The High Lord Threadromancers that lead the thousands of threadromancers will take over for me!” He laughed and threw his head back. I charged and stabbed my blade deep into his heart. I looked into his shocked face as I twisted my blade. “I cannot stop your will… But I will kill you here and now…” I pulled my blade out, and everything went to hell then. The tower swayed, and it began to break apart from what I heard. I ran straight downstairs and heard crashing. I saw an opening rip on the side of the walls and saw that I was higher then I have ever been in my life. I never thought anything could be built so high up, but I kept on. I made it back down to the floor where my birth was symbolized and saw another opening in the wall; the tower literally was collapsing on top of me. I went down another floor and saw a portal opened. I knew I would die if I didn’t go in, but I jumped in anyway, and darkness surrounded me.

I was falling down in the darkness around me, but I then saw a figure in the shadows below me. There stood Ur, in his dark glory, blade in hand. He wasn’t finished with me, I knew that. But I would stop all the madness here. I may not stop the dead plaguing Necrothreat, but at least I can kill their patron god. I landed and my sword was still in my hand. He charged at me, and I blocked, the blow staggering me from how hard the attack landed. I slashed back, his blade blocking with ease. This was indeed the hardest battle I will and have ever faced. His strength and skill was far greater then mine, but I had to defeat him. I began to channel my magic, using it to try and get an upper edge, and then he began ot do the same but almost better. The darkness was all that was there, but we fought on. I slashed, cut and stabbed as he returned in kind with the same, blocks stopping every shot. He cut me a few times but they were minor wounds. I then saw an opening and I took it with my blade. He then broke my sword, and stabbed me with his blade. I dropped down to my knees. I will not die this day! I swung my blade as I jumped up, slashing his throat, blood splattering me. As he stepped back stunned, I plunged my blade into his heart. And then severed his head with magic extending my blade hilt. The symbol of the lesser god glowed now, and an aspect of the deity stood before me.

“I am proud of you Highmax. You finally destroyed the enemy of all gods and the living. I can give you one wish, but you must be careful, and you cannot wish for his will to be undone.” I paused for a second and then came up with my wish: “I wish the dead that were in hell went to their heavens, and all that died in the land of the living would go to their heavens as well. No longer will they suffer the curse of undeath, and no one else will.”

The god nodded and then light surrounded me. I saw Toady One and the others before me. They all beckoned me to join them in the Valhalla that awaited me. But I shook my head at them. “I need to protect the world of the living. Someone has to save the people from the armies of Ur. And someone has to tell them that the death god is slain. I will go; you all enjoy yourselves in the afterlife.” They nodded, and went their way. I turned around and saw the portal to the land of the living. There would be no eternal slumber for me; not as long as Ur’s forces lived. But now that that hell is gone, we can finally die and live our lives without fear of suffering eternal pain. I stepped forward and found myself back in the halls of Necrothreat, where Th4DwArfY1 stood in awe, tears in his eyes and face of shock.

“You’ve come back…” He said. I nodded. “There is work to be done now that Ur lies dead. Come, I’ll tell you all that has happened…”

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 12, 2013, 12:04:04 am »

This is awesome writing.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 12, 2013, 12:11:55 am »

This is awesome writing.
Ur is slain; the past heroes are now in their final haven, and the dead no longer fear the pain of undeath. It's not saving the world, but it's a start to making things right in the world

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 12, 2013, 12:31:43 am »

Wow, that was intense. I wonder what will happen from now on. We still have to deal with Armok if not Ur.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 12, 2013, 12:39:39 am »

Wow, that was intense. I wonder what will happen from now on. We still have to deal with Armok if not Ur.
That is for the others to battle; my quest is done, it is time for the next hero to take his place and end the blood gods game

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 12, 2013, 12:49:01 am »

That is for the others to battle; my quest is done, it is time for the next hero to take his place and end the blood gods game

And then you find out that Ur and Armok hate each other because they're former lovers and have a child, which rises to become an even greater threat than them combined.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 12, 2013, 11:52:55 am »

And then you find out that Ur and Armok hate each other because they're former lovers and have a child, which rises to become an even greater threat than them combined.

But.....they're my both male  :o
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 121