Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438496 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!
« Reply #1440 on: February 09, 2014, 12:45:24 pm »

Okay then. Please forumite me as any adult forumite.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 09, 2014, 12:48:01 pm »

A child, driven mad by the everyday atrocities of this time and age, eager to find glory in whatever task given to him/her. By divine intervention or the hands of mortality, this child will rise over it all by any means... or die (multiple) times trying.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 09, 2014, 01:59:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 09, 2014, 07:27:19 pm »

Thank you.

Hmm, I'm a weak, wrinkled 127 year old female metalworker,  :-\ Interesting.

Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 10, 2014, 11:41:43 am »

Let's not forget the hooked nose. To all intents and purposes, you are essentially a witch. Enjoy!

Unlucky, though. I just picked random adults with no thought to gender, or age, or how hooked/wrinkled their nose is. Oh well!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 10, 2014, 05:32:34 pm »

16th Timber
Amidst the ruins of a shattered civilization, a flame yet dwells. There strength and glory reside, the bracers of our mind set, of our spirit. None can take it, none can quench it. Like a mighty river of flowing ire and bravery, it is a molten rock ever present in our minds. One that occasionally explodes in a kaleidoscope of colours, ranging from brilliant gold to peaceful blue. All have this possibility, this gem inside them. Only a few ever reveal it, experience its brilliance first hand. Highmax is one, an exceptional one. He mastered the art of controlling this inner force long ago. Apiks is another, his memories of the Elder days and the First Necrothreat reinforced by this power. For all others, this ability manifests itself as a mood of sorts. Dorisdorf is one such.

It happened quickly. One minute he sat at his station, churning out crafts in the bowels of the earth, the next he was standing up, every muscle in his body straining. Sweat gleamed on his forehead and ran in small rivulets down his cheeks. As quick as a dart, he dashed off, screaming for materials. He came back to his workshop, a mechanics shop near the forges, and began to beat, the hammer falling steadily. From his shop came a coruscating river of sparks, and shouts fell and powerful, imbued with the ancient power of the Forumites, rang forth, echoing, bouncing with frenzied speed in that hollowed cavern beneath the earth.

To pounding of the fire smiths,
In depths which held the ancient light,
There Dorisdorf began his craft
Beneath the mountain’s height.

He smote the ore and lit the forge,
His arms were strong, his hammer fell
Amidst the fiery hail of flame
In caverns deep beneath the fell.

His eyes in darkness lit with light,
And in the dark a wondrous sight
To him was shown, and him alone,
Sat down his hammer in the night.

He wandered long in eldritch halls,
And went through hill and Elder door.
He saw there coal in veins of pitch.
Amazed, he whispered “Nokzam Othor!”

Then hewn from rock was darkling vein
And carried was its precious load
To shop above the magma sea
Where imps abide in molten hold.

Long spent he inside his shop,
And long was heard his mighty roar,
Until the day the forger stopped
And left that place for evermore.

An engineer was he when all was done,
He set aside his hammer’s weight,
But in his eyes there gleamed with light
A hope, a hunger none could sate.

And yet he walks our hallowed halls,
In Necrothreat he dwells today,
And legends spring about his work,
His crafts recalled in song and lay.

6th Moonstone
Dorisdorf yet raved in the darkest depths of the world. The walls, like rock and earthen curtains, swept by me with such speed that I barely noticed them. It had struck again, that plague which laid low our greatest warriors, which put even me under the thumb of Armok, that terrible entity which all curse in their darkest moments and most cursed of days. Blood fiend. Vampire. An evil which feasts upon blood for the glory of Armok, but which is also undead. Unswervingly loyal to the blood god, and yet with a tie to Ur…none can say what they will do, how they will do it. The corridor petered out and became a one-man tunnel, ending in a bedroom. The Bane of IronTomato struck here for the second time. I entered through a door ripped and hewn by supernatural strength, deep gouges marred the surface as if a clawed beast had ripped at it in an animalistic fashion. Stepping through this warped door frame, I stood in shock. The walls here were far from nondescript. The blood was spattered upon them in large wheels, spraying up to the ceiling seven feet above. It was as if someone had taken joy in bathing the room red. I recall shuddering and, remembering my own experience with the blood-fiends, believing that this was very well possible. It was at his moment the shadows struck, a moment of confusion within my mind as I sought to block out the room…and the body.

From the blood drenched floor and crimson hued walls they came, a tide of unquenchable darkness which seemed to stretch back into the most unfathomable depths of my mind. I fell into a sticky puddle, hands smeared red in front, the tightened, whitened knuckles showing through like bones. Like death itself. Armok never ceases to torment me. Never. His will bends towards me at all times, seeking, seeking to drag me under and suffocate me in fetid swamps of darkness. But I will not drown! Let the blood god play his tricks! Let the very mountain shake with his fury! I am a FORUMITE! At the last my body trembled, spasming in the blood and torn body parts. I rejected him that day. I fought of the shadow. But it took will. A lot of will. Even to this day, I remember how I had huddled in a corner, rocking back and forth, images of bloodsucking beasts dancing in front of my vision until they began to fade….fade into the depths of my mind, where I kept them, mastered them and beat them. I won, and only occasionally do I see that wall of midnight before me, only at certain times such as the darkness of the moon do I feel cold, sliding hands reaching down my back. And I know that somewhere Armok still waits for me, and he has an eternity. I only have this life, but I shall make it a life that will make the very gods weep rivers of blood!

On the same day, as I stumbled, blood crazed and shaken, covered in the tattered remnants of clothing that I had torn in my horror and grief, we got a new mechanic to replace the old. I smiled a crimson grin, the white of my teeth shining through. The Light has a strange humour, does it not? I laughed, a touch of hysteria entering my tone, then walked to my chambers amidst the sound of people chanting an celebrating. “All hail Dorisdorf! Legend of his craft! May his life long be held in the chronicles of time!”

---------------------
The next update should be more interesting. And Dorisdorf has the best possible surname a Forumite/Dwarf could ever get. Constuctbeard? It sums up a race!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 10, 2014, 08:06:42 pm »

Nicely done!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:59 pm »

Its like Tal Denber Machinebends all over again! :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 10, 2014, 10:51:30 pm »

Leave it to Th4DwArfY1 to make a mechanism damn awesome.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 11, 2014, 01:39:04 pm »

That poem itself is such high quality, it could be the product of the strange mood it concerns. Very good.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 13, 2014, 04:29:55 pm »

Alright, place your bets on how my Forumite is going to perish in this infernal fortress:

-Cave in        -Food Poisoning      -Misconstruction      -Tantrum Spiral      -Cats      -Sparring Accident

-Combat        -Vampire               -Clowns                  -Fire                      -Minecarts

-Failed Mood/Put Down               -Drowning               -Dip in the Magma  -An 'accident'

Winner gets a increase in their ego!

GENERATION 32:

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 13, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »

I vote combat. I then also vote combat for your inevitably raised corpse.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 13, 2014, 06:13:18 pm »

I'm rolling with Failed Mood/Put Down.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 13, 2014, 06:47:04 pm »

I'm gonna go with passing out from exhaustion on a weapon trap.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 13, 2014, 07:10:42 pm »

Alright, place your bets on how my Forumite is going to perish in this infernal fortress:

-Cave in        -Food Poisoning      -Misconstruction      -Tantrum Spiral      -Cats      -Sparring Accident

-Combat        -Vampire               -Clowns                  -Fire                      -Minecarts

-Failed Mood/Put Down               -Drowning               -Dip in the Magma  -An 'accident'

Winner gets a increase in their ego!
Im guessing either a dip in magma or combat
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 121