Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447904 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 12:54:11 pm »

I need to do this. I don't care if I already have my own succession fort, this one was far too epic the first time. And it WILL happen again.
IronTomato. Hammerdwarf or Miner, either one.

NotaPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 01:29:05 pm »

Oh, I want to be an overseer! I'd like my dwarf to be a military sword user or a mechanic/metal worker, if that's possible.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 01:58:40 pm »

Aaaand added.

I didn't quite get that IronTomato, do you want a turn or just forumiting?

Tomorrow is going to be the last day of Embark site voting btw. After that this stuff actually gets started.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 02:40:18 pm »

I didn't read the first one because it looked like an organizational mess (I have a bit of an OCD problem there sadly  :-\) And I think you can end voting now, because it's pretty obvious the necromancers win.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »

Was it an organizational mess? I thought I actually made it as organized as possible. You just broke my views, Splint. And there I thought I had an OCD problem. Also, there are necromancers in every embark site so whatever you chose there is a necromancer tower.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »

I want a turn.

And to mod.
My wooden badge was delicious.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 02:55:05 pm »

I want a turn.

And to mod.

I think we can arrange for that Goomba. I'll have to get in contact with the current modder though.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 03:01:45 pm »

Ok then that isn't really a fair vote because I don't care about surroundings, I care about who the neighbors are, which is impossible to make a choice on when they aren't shown.

And I said it looked liked it Because I just have issues trying to catch up with something past the first page or two (I don't know why It just bothers the crap out of me to the point I don't want to sift through the crap to find updates and such.) I wanted to participate in Battlefailed 4 but it took off so rapidly I gave up and forgot about it for the most part. And when I noticed necrothreat it was I have no idea how far along but I got a headache just trying to figure things out and waited for it to end so I could know what killed the place.

Due to my paranoia and fear regarding necromancers I withdraw my turn/involvment request. They're something I don't like dealing with thanks to absolutly horrendous bad expeirences, and me being more of a play for normal fun with a little Fun caused by the inevitable battledeaths or accidents instead of outright !!FUN!! things liek necormancers bring. I don't think I have a place in this fort.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

Ah. That is a shame. As I said before, the reason that there are necromancer towers are because Talvieno suggested we are near them to not miss any features of the Mod.

I also have problems with after the first few pages but so it's understandable. It is completely possible that by your turn there won't be any Necromancers. Do you wish for your turn to be retained if there aren't? Do you want a forumiting as well? I have a paranoia of Aquifers as well due to Necrothreat I.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 03:16:48 pm »

I completely understand on the aquifers (I stay FAAAAAR away fromt hem myself because I rely on soldiers and dog hordes, not traps save for those at choke points, since combat is my source of entertainment in this game) and honestly I doubt it strongly they'll be eliminated. it took a  decade to get rid of them in my own succession and that was simply by virtue of them walking into attack dogs resurrecting things. If there were a reliable means fo detecting them before they could cause problems (Such as Civ Forge's giant beetles) I wouldn't care and dive right in, because then I could send patrols out with beetles in tow to hunt them down and kill/scare them off.

I guess I can stick to, but if they're still present and a threat on the fort map I forfeit my turn. I really don't want to deal with them.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 03:27:03 pm »

Okay. Added yet again. Your turn will be forfeited if Necrothreaders show up and if they do show up during your turn, you can request somebody else to do your turn.

Also, you didn't tell me if you want to be forumited.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »

I was under the impression a turn request was functionally the same thing.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »

Well since your turn might potentially never come, you need to specify that you want a forumiting, otherwise you need to forumite yourself during your turn.

As is said in Rule number 6: 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Which does lead to the thought that requesting a turn and being forumited are in two different times.

Requesting forumiting is essentially as soon as possible whilst requesting a turn is during your turn.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 03:34:21 pm »

I'm fine with whatever in that regard honestly. If I am ahead of time i'll probably be dead by the end of the person who forumited me's turn anyway.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 03:35:29 pm »

Holy crap that's a lot of posts. I wanted a turn by the way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 121