Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438466 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2013, 04:46:05 pm »

Now do you see why I was paranoid as hell? And I'm pretty sure I sealed off the caverns, so he could be hiding ANYWHERE :o

Oh Armok....WHAT IF HES IN THE BOOZE??
As far as I know, he's standing on top of my corpse/grave and dancing at an insanely game breaking rate
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2013, 07:14:32 pm »

OK, downloading the save. I'll post an update in (roughly) 3.14 hours.

[EDIT] OK, seven living dwarves. What. Corpses everywhere, massive microcline bridge, almost everyone dead... This is madness.

[EDIT] The reports screen is filled with "[forumite] is throwing a tantrum!", "[forumite] has been found dead." How am I supposed to govern this place!? THERE IS MUCH BLOOD. Also, migrants. Maybe I can get this place running again.

[EDIT] I have no idea what any of these levers do! They're all set to Pull/R so I can figure out what they do.
[sub-edit] OK, one floods the well area and the meeting hall, and the other makes the massive microcline bridge... retract? Who designed this place?

[EDIT] Thirty-two total dwarves now, and NOT ONE is going to fix the retracting bridge. There's also a buttload of cage traps in front of the depot. How do traders get in? How!?

[EDIT] Elves have arrived. Brilliant, I can seize their stuff. Assuming they can get past the thread zombies who decided to ambush the fort.

[EDIT] A bunch of thread zombies versus this guy:

He proceeds to beat the crap out of them, and then- OH WHAT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OK, as long as everyone gets inside, we should be fine. We'll wait for the fire to burn out, and everything will be OK, right guys?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Guys?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:21:56 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2013, 09:41:51 pm »

I love the feeling of inevitable doom and constant chaos that comes from Necrothreat.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2013, 12:33:49 am »

*facepalm*

Risk of total annihilation right of the bat? Great. Just bloody great.

Just stay inside and rebuild the interiors, if you even need to escape the base, there's an emergency tunnel from my chambers on the -2nd floor.

The Troll will go away some day. I hope. They do that normally. I hope.

Edit: Have you also reforumited the people that wanted to?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2013, 02:47:31 am »

Stukos swung his axe down with terrifying force, and his clothes were splattered with blood and and brains from the thread zombie. Was that the seventh one, or the eighth? Stukos didn't remember... all he knew was that Armok was with him. He had been chosen to defend Necrothreat against the evil that had invaded.
Stukos parried a slash from a sword, but missed his next attack. The zombie responded by slamming its shield into Stukos' leg. He cried out in pain, and fell to the ground, nursing his fractured bone. The zombie raised its sword, and brought the blade down in a deadly arc.
Spam flew from across the river, striking the zombie in the back. He collapsed, smothering Stukos as he tried to rise. A hammer came next, shattering the skull of the zombie. Stukos barely saw its bearer, but the forumite still helped him to his feet. Staggering on a broken leg, Stukos brought his axe down once again, slaying another thread zombie.
From beyond fortress gates, a plume of smoke had blotted out the sun and sky. More thread zombies were lurching up the river, armed to the teeth and hungry for blood. A cry of "TROLL!" rang through the air, and the Avatar of Armok turned to face this new foe. Thread zombies were weak. One had maimed him, but it was a pitiful strike at best. Stukos left the zombies for his companions, and strode into the choking smoke, to find the troll.
It was a massive, hairy beast. It held a herbalist in its massive hand, and dashed his skull against the ground. It turned to face this next forumite, a small, weak one, carrying an axe. But he had no iron suit. The troll grinned.
Stukos hefted his axe above his shoulder. This troll would die. Armok had commanded it. A hairy fist slammed into the ground in front of him, and he lost his footing. Another punch shattered his ribs, another his shoulder. But Stukos would not give in. He stood, and faced his foe.
A slash from his axe traced a line of red across the troll's leg. The second slash missed, and the troll pushed the third aside. The troll flexed his arms. He wanted this forumite dead.
The blaze was coming closer to the gates of the fortress. Stukos was coughing up blood, and the troll was pounding the earth in rage. A cloud of smoke drifted across them. Fire seared the ground, burning up what remained of the grass and shrubs. Flames caught on the Avatar's shirt, his hair, his socks... and he roared in defiance. Stukos charged at the troll, his last foe, and swung his axe with mighty force. The troll caught his arm, and almost lazily, tossed the Avatar of Armok into the flames that scoured the hillside.
He staggered, buffeted by the heat. His fur was beginning to smoulder. The troll backed away from the fire, towards the gate of the fortress. He then tripped, on a loose block of stone, from the old bridge, and crashed backwards into the gates of Necrothreat, into the mouth of hell. His eyes flickered for a brief second, he heard a faint
click. The last he saw was a cage, dropping from the ceiling...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I didn't really do anything for this update apart from write a heavily embellished version of events. But Stukos was actually quite badass. He charged off to fight the troll with a broken leg, and was declared "missing" once he vanished in the smoke. I assume the troll punched him in the head, bruising the muscle, shattering the skull and jamming the skull through the brain, tearing the brain. A tendon in the skull would also have been torn, but I'm not too sure.

Anyway, there'll be several 'proper' updates over the next few days. For some reason I started playing Civ IV again, so that will limit the time I end up spending on Necrothreat.

[EDIT] Sorry, I didn't (and probably won't) do any forumite-ing, seeing as Chaos has crowned himself as King in the Fortress.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:51:05 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2013, 08:44:23 am »

Stukos swung his axe down with terrifying force, and his clothes were splattered with blood and and brains from the thread zombie. Was that the seventh one, or the eighth? Stukos didn't remember... all he knew was that Armok was with him. He had been chosen to defend Necrothreat against the evil that had invaded.
Stukos parried a slash from a sword, but missed his next attack. The zombie responded by slamming its shield into Stukos' leg. He cried out in pain, and fell to the ground, nursing his fractured bone. The zombie raised its sword, and brought the blade down in a deadly arc.
Spam flew from across the river, striking the zombie in the back. He collapsed, smothering Stukos as he tried to rise. A hammer came next, shattering the skull of the zombie. Stukos barely saw its bearer, but the forumite still helped him to his feet. Staggering on a broken leg, Stukos brought his axe down once again, slaying another thread zombie.
From beyond fortress gates, a plume of smoke had blotted out the sun and sky. More thread zombies were lurching up the river, armed to the teeth and hungry for blood. A cry of "TROLL!" rang through the air, and the Avatar of Armok turned to face this new foe. Thread zombies were weak. One had maimed him, but it was a pitiful strike at best. Stukos left the zombies for his companions, and strode into the choking smoke, to find the troll.
It was a massive, hairy beast. It held a herbalist in its massive hand, and dashed his skull against the ground. It turned to face this next forumite, a small, weak one, carrying an axe. But he had no iron suit. The troll grinned.
Stukos hefted his axe above his shoulder. This troll would die. Armok had commanded it. A hairy fist slammed into the ground in front of him, and he lost his footing. Another punch shattered his ribs, another his shoulder. But Stukos would not give in. He stood, and faced his foe.
A slash from his axe traced a line of red across the troll's leg. The second slash missed, and the troll pushed the third aside. The troll flexed his arms. He wanted this forumite dead.
The blaze was coming closer to the gates of the fortress. Stukos was coughing up blood, and the troll was pounding the earth in rage. A cloud of smoke drifted across them. Fire seared the ground, burning up what remained of the grass and shrubs. Flames caught on the Avatar's shirt, his hair, his socks... and he roared in defiance. Stukos charged at the troll, his last foe, and swung his axe with mighty force. The troll caught his arm, and almost lazily, tossed the Avatar of Armok into the flames that scoured the hillside.
He staggered, buffeted by the heat. His fur was beginning to smoulder. The troll backed away from the fire, towards the gate of the fortress. He then tripped, on a loose block of stone, from the old bridge, and crashed backwards into the gates of Necrothreat, into the mouth of hell. His eyes flickered for a brief second, he heard a faint

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I didn't really do anything for this update apart from write a heavily embellished version of events. But Stukos was actually quite badass. He charged off to fight the troll with a broken leg, and was declared "missing" once he vanished in the smoke. I assume the troll punched him in the head, bruising the muscle, shattering the skull and jamming the skull through the brain, tearing the brain. A tendon in the skull would also have been torn, but I'm not too sure.

Anyway, there'll be several 'proper' updates over the next few days. For some reason I started playing Civ IV again, so that will limit the time I end up spending on Necrothreat.

[EDIT] Sorry, I didn't (and probably won't) do any forumite-ing, seeing as Chaos has crowned himself as King in the Fortress.
Wait... Was it the troll that arsoned the place!? @.@ Who created this monstrosity of a mod!? EVERYTHING THAT ISNT A FOURMITE BREATHES FIRE!!!!! (If a dragon shows up, does that mean Kthulu shows up!? You horrible people!) :P

ALso, good storytelling Insanity. Btw, did the son of insanity live?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2013, 09:09:40 am »

I don't know who made everything breathe fire, all I know right now is I can't download the latest version cuz it was sent to me with some weird thing.
DAMMIT I DOWNLOAD THINGS FROM DFFD LIKE A NORMAL SHORT ALCHOHOLIC CAVERN DWELLER!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11:03 am »

Wait... Was it the troll that arsoned the place!? @.@ Who created this monstrosity of a mod!? EVERYTHING THAT ISNT A FOURMITE BREATHES FIRE!!!!! (If a dragon shows up, does that mean Kthulu shows up!? You horrible people!) :P

ALso, good storytelling Insanity. Btw, did the son of insanity live?

The son of insanity perished during my intervention since InsanityIncarnate himself killed the child before he was slain due to being a zombie.

I don't know who made everything breathe fire, all I know right now is I can't download the latest version cuz it was sent to me with some weird thing.
DAMMIT I DOWNLOAD THINGS FROM DFFD LIKE A NORMAL SHORT ALCHOHOLIC CAVERN DWELLER!

What is the problem? I recall sending you the correct version of everything. Can you not use 2shared? DFFD does not want to upload files atm (atleast in my ENTIRE household, on 2 DIFFERENT PCs and 2 DIFFERENT internets).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2013, 10:32:32 am »

I had issues uploading as well, so I sued 2shared as well. Very filled with ads, but it still works

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2013, 02:22:06 pm »

Eh I just don't want to download all the stuff needed to use 2shared only to use it exactly once and then have it sitting in my computer taking up space and memory that could be used on bearded mayhem. Its that kind of thing that killed my old puter I believe.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2013, 04:15:17 am »

I don't think the troll torched all the vegetation, seeing as he kind of got cage-trapped as soon as he was seen. (I did say it was an embellished version.) The fire came from something that was throwing fireballs at zombies. Actually, there's a couple of flaming zombies just north of the gate.

I'll play some more and upload it tomorrow. I'm too busy reading Order of the Stick...

2shared? Yetch. I use DFFD like a normal DF player (I know it's an oxymoron) or Filebeam for other things.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2013, 04:29:00 am »

Eh I just don't want to download all the stuff needed to use 2shared only to use it exactly once and then have it sitting in my computer taking up space and memory that could be used on bearded mayhem. Its that kind of thing that killed my old puter I believe.

What are you talking about? For 2shared you just press the download button and that's all. No excess stuff and direct download to your PC via your browser.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2013, 12:27:07 pm »

What are you talking about? For 2shared you just press the download button and that's all. No excess stuff and direct download to your PC via your browser.

For me I pressed download and it wanted me to download something so that I could download the file. Basically it asked me to download a downloader. So fuck 2shared.
Yes I'm in a bad mood, Star Trek Online server is disconnecting constantly on me again...grrrrr
EDIT: Scratch that, my ENTIRE INTERNET CONNECTION is being a pissy little bitch....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:28:47 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »

For me I pressed download and it wanted me to download something so that I could download the file. Basically it asked me to download a downloader. So fuck 2shared.
Yes I'm in a bad mood, Star Trek Online server is disconnecting constantly on me again...grrrrr
EDIT: Scratch that, my ENTIRE INTERNET CONNECTION is being a pissy little bitch....

I sent you a new link to download directly from Dropbox. Hopefully you won't complain about this.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2013, 01:54:41 am »

On a semi-unrelated note, I'm complaining about my all-consuming laziness that is preventing me from doing anything that requires a infinitesimal amount of effort. Even checking Bay12 was a chore.
If I get round to it, my update will be up soon.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 121