Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 446652 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2013, 07:51:35 am »

Operation: Drain the Dining Hall has begun! The water is currently draining into the wood stockpile and the bedrooms.
Wait, WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!
I found a lever that floods the dining room, via the well room. I didn't turn it off soon enough, so most of the dining hall was in 4/7 water for most of my turn thus far.
It's not like we need the wood stockpile, anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, "this afternoon" means tomorrow. My brian died.

I've opened up the passage to the surface, and everyone ran out to collect the fish that were caught while the door was locked.

There a trees growing in the wood stockpile. I've designated a new one to be dug out, so the old one will become home to some farm plots once water dries up.

Pokon, our archiver, is trapped in a cage. I might build a new office for him, but he's staying in the cage.

Also, migrants. Greeeaaat. Everything was going fine until four months before they turned up.

Hey, there were 7 of us left when you were handed this. Be happy that something that isn't trying to kill you is showing up! (except those damn elves... I hate those things...)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:44 am »

Is it too late to request a turn in this?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2013, 03:03:48 pm »

That is directly proportional to how fast we can get updates out and whether we will survive (chances account to 0 if you ask me by your turn)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2013, 10:21:56 pm »

That is directly proportional to how fast we can get updates out and whether we will survive (chances account to 0 if you ask me by your turn)
Hey, if we survived the haxxor incident, we can take on anything! 8)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2013, 11:19:03 pm »

The migrants are milling around and generally being useless, so I drafted a bunch of useless-profession dwarves into Misko27's squad. A total of eight military dwarves will now train around the clock.
Everyone else is hauling. There's also a lot of job cancellation spam for some reason.

I have redorfed myself as Meepo the Corpse Lady, the legendary bonecarver surgeon. She is on "Make bone lulz/R".

Some random doctor is trapped on the opposite side of the river. He's keeping the human traders company.

And Armok damn it, we have a vampire.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2013, 04:53:02 am »

And Armok damn it, we have a vampire.

O.O SUPERNATURAL CREATURE YOU SAY?
DRAFT IT!!!!!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2013, 06:19:43 am »

I am still so confused.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2013, 11:54:54 am »

I am still so confused.

We necroed your thread which was the oldest dead thread in this section of the forums and made a succession game out of it and modded the game to suit our needs. After the fort perished, we decided to start a new fort that would be the continuation of Necrothreat I and so Necrothreat II was born. End of story.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2013, 03:55:06 pm »

I am still so confused.

I lol'd. I lol'd quite a bit.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2013, 05:59:30 pm »

I am still so confused.
I swear, this guy... Is awesome... Only someone awesome would let us do Necrothreat I to begin with :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2013, 06:19:44 pm »

I am still so confused.

We necroed your thread which was the oldest dead thread in this section of the forums and made a succession game out of it and modded the game to suit our needs. After the fort perished, we decided to start a new fort that would be the continuation of Necrothreat I and so Necrothreat II was born. End of story.
And it continues with human traders. My new depot is incomplete due to a disturbing lack of microcline blocks.

The traders moved into the old depot. I prepared to take all their crap, when a goblin ambush arrived.
My recruits hastened to defend their great fortress...
... by which I mean ONE recruit took my commands seriously, while the rest attended some last-minute combat training.
The training soon concluded, and five brave AWFUL forumites charged from the newly-constructed Gates of Necrothreat, into the hail of silver goblin arrows.

They were all crippled and unconscious within a few seconds, and dead a few seconds later.
More forumites ran out to collect the socks of the fallen, only to be slaughtered in the unrelenting waves of silver arrows.
Seriously, there are so many arrows flying around, it looks like they have some kind of semi-automatic crossbows.

Kobolds began appearing, to steal things. The human guards chased them off, though.

And then, a random hunter named Kel Wheelvision fired some lulz at the goblins. Stricken with laughter, they fled from the hilarity. The forumites cheered, for they had won. Scavenged socks for everyone! A doctor took advantage of the celebrations to claim a workshop for some reason.

Anyway, our entire military is dead. To a man dwarf forumite. Even the named axedwarf, who didn't even get a single shot in before he became a feathered pincushion.
Some other random forumites are dead, and a mason took an arrow to the knee. Altogether, a very productive first two seasons. Autumn is here now, and I have a horrible feeling that things will only get worse.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2013, 06:38:27 pm »

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Also, Insanity you DO know you can auto-forbid items on death right? :P
Just press "O"
You should be able to find it from there

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2013, 12:17:29 am »

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Also, Insanity you DO know you can auto-forbid items on death right? :P
Just press "O"
You should be able to find it from there
Yeah, I know about that. But I don't always remember to do that. This was one of the times that I forgot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2013, 01:48:10 am »

Why do I get that feeling that my forumite is dead?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2013, 08:37:21 pm »

Why do I get that feeling that my forumite is dead?
Because everyone except Misko27 and Meepo (my new dwarf) is either dead or an NPC.

[EDIT] No, wait... Misko's died in the Great Goblin Ambush of Last Update.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:39:56 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 121