Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447333 times)

BrokenRecordNYEH

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Yeah, I'm pretty derpy
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 11:11:34 am »

Kinda posting to watch right now. I don't have a computer and I suck anyway...

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 12:12:30 am »

It's Dwarf Fortress, everyone kinda sucks at it.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

BrokenRecordNYEH

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Yeah, I'm pretty derpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 06:16:53 am »

I only ever succeed because of my inherent dwarfiness.

People die.

Oranos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 07:24:36 am »

ied like a turn this looks like it will be fun
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:28:09 am by Oranos »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 03:02:44 pm »

It's Dwarf Fortress, everyone kinda sucks at it.
Just with everything, everyone sucks at it. Yes you may be good at some parts, but you still suck at it :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 04:57:47 pm »

Wel, I'm voting for embark two, and could I be Dorf'd as a cheese maker?

I don't want to die 5 times like last time.

Also, I might like a turn.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »

Wel, I'm voting for embark two, and could I be Dorf'd as a cheese maker?

I don't want to die 5 times like last time.

Also, I might like a turn.
At least you ended up out lasting people in my version of its fall :P however, NAV ended that quickly by sacrificing you to shelob XD

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2012, 08:28:22 pm »

sory ive basicly dissapeard from reality... agin... for the 17th time... this passed month... i have no idea whats going on. can someone pm me a jist of whats happened of whats happened i dont have time to read the whol thing.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 01:42:44 am »

Necrothreat fell so we are doing it all over again! Will you join us doctor? *hands chainsaw* 8)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 06:04:24 am »

Nah, he sent me as a replacement.
*drops chainsaw, cutting off his own foot*

Where's this doctor of which you speak?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 10:16:26 am »

sory ive basicly dissapeard from reality... agin... for the 17th time... this passed month... i have no idea whats going on. can someone pm me a jist of whats happened of whats happened i dont have time to read the whol thing.
What's up, doc?

Also, I didn't say this before, but this fort seems like a good oppurtunity to learn how to mod. Whoopee!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2012, 03:32:56 pm »

Sorry for the delay folks, holidays got me quite occupied but here it is. The beggining of Necrothreat II. Starting from the next part, I'll be writing everything in my character's view so that I don't shape the characters of others. Also the reason that there are other people forumited first is that they're from the original Necrothreat and as per they get a special priority so that it fits the story.

251 years have passed since the Great tragedy that led to the reshaping of the world.
251 years have passed since the Great battle at the gates of Necrothreat against the Necrothreaders.
251 years have passed since the Great sorrow of Armok for the losses of Necrothreat...

The world has since been reshaped and the survivors of the old races have rebuild, ready to forgo their ancient creed
and create a new one. It was exactly 251 years after the reshaping of the World from Armok's sorrow that those that
perished at the battle of Necrothreat were revived at the First of Granite. This is a story
of Greatness and Sadness,
of Tragedy and Glory,
of Forumites and Necrothreaders,
and this is their story.

Chapter II of the Necrothreat Chronicles

"Where the blood and ashes are we?" asked a forumite upon getting up from the hole in which he was lying.
"No idea, BFEL." said another forumite in response."Weren't we at Necrothreat, fighting a battle which spelled our
doom a moment ago?"
"That we were, Apiks." answered yet another forumite whilst analyzing the situation with apparent great concentration."I remember fighting the hordes of enemies when I fell to them."
"But Highmax28, that's impossible. You say you fell to the enemy but yet here we a--" as BFEL said that, a cloud of smoke
appeared in the middle of them all. They were 7 forumites in total.
 All members of Necrothreat before it fell. As the smoke
began to clear, a shape was starting to take shape. The shape of it was unlike anything they've ever seen. It was a man.
But no normal man clear to them.
The man was twice as tall as a normal Forumite and was looking quite gentlemanly, something
that can't be said about a lot of forumites, with a suit and necktie to define him, bowler hat to hide that bald patch he obviously
was trying so hard to hide and a black walking stick curved on the edge as a handle and a white coloring on the edge of it exactly where it touched the ground.

Everyone was gaping. Whether it was because of his sudden appearance or because of his appearance, it is not known. Most probably because of both. After all how often do you get to see a man wearing a suit that was the stuff of legends and looking so elegantly. The man spread his hands slowly and said:

"Greetings survivors of Necrothreat! I see you made the journey well. I am a messenger of Armok. My name is James. The almighty and all great Armok was shaken after your defeat in Necrothreat at the hand of that Necrothreader. As such the world has been reshaped due to his sorrow. My leader -  Armok - has seen it fit to revive you and all other from Necrothreat in hopes of you rebuilding a new Necrothreat and -I quote- kick those sorry good for nothing Necrothreaders straight up the point of no
return.
 Now, you might notice that there are only 7 of you at the moment, but fear not, my lord has seen it fit that more and more former members of Necrothreat to be revived with the more and more people you gather. The reason for that is so that you do not get too much attention from the world as at the moment it is in a very pickly situation. There are wars everywhere, Necrothreaders spreading chaos by reviving the dead and terrorizing the countryside and Goblins that loot everything in their sight.
Many of the victims from these actions will seek refuge. They will come here as they will be guided by the hand of Armok. The reason for my lord's involvement in all of this is that he is sensing a great disturbance, a disturbance that might as well create the same ripple in the world as happened exactly 251 years when Necrothreat fell. My lord has the following message to you:
 'Greetings citizens of Necrothreat. I am on a tight schedule with watching the world so I will be short. Evil forces are gathering and I expect a major event to happen. I want you to build a new Necrothreat as to serve the purpose of being the last bastion of the world if it comes to the worst. You must prepare for the worst. We cannot risk it happening. You will be the last and first line of defense if it comes to it. That is all. P.S. I am a big fan! I can't wait to hear of your exploits!'. That is all my master has ordered to be sent. If there are any news of anything new, I suspect my master will send me to inform you. Good luck and may you succeed, lest we fail."

With that said, James disappeared into yet another cloud of smoke. The forumites stood there dumbstruck
for a good amount of time when Sprin the Mad Doctor said:
"So why are we standing like somebody stuffed frogs into our mouths? We've gotta get these legs cu...I mean moving! Chop, chop. I want a lab to be built and be supplied with test subjects."
"Shut up Sprin, we've got plenty of time on a fine not extremely weird day such as this one." said NAV as he
was starting to move up to the wagon that appeared mysteriously along with James.
"Sprin does have a point about getting settled up though, I think it'll be a good idea to give roles to each of us."
"Fine, fine Apiks." a smirk moved up to NAV's face "So care for YOU to give US the roles?"
"Of course, I - Apiks, will be the miner as I always was, BFEL will be the one in charge of any new lads we get and the carpenter, Misko27 will be the Mason who will build our necessities, Mastahcheese is only good with cheese but he will have to be our Cook. I hope you can use more than Cheese in your field, Mastahcheese. Sprin can't be convinced obviously to do anything else, unless we want broken legs, so he'll stick with doing what he best can do. Being the doctor. I have the feeling we will need one. Highmax28 will be in charge of our security and defense. I trust you can do that, Highmax28. I know you are extremely skilful of the sword so I will try to supply you with one."
"As for you, NAV." Said Apiks with an extremely teethy grin and started saying something else at the edge of laughter
"You wil be getting what everyone wants. This means that you will be hauling exactly what everyone wants, put it on the correct spot and  trade with any merchants that we might come across." Apiks could not contain herself anymore so she bursted into a fit of laughter and even managed to get chuckles from everyone else.
"Well bollocks." said quietly NAV as he looked at everyone pale faced.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:10:09 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Mitre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2012, 07:11:55 pm »

*Applause*

That was great: can't wait until my turn, and to hear the great exploits of Necrothreat II!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »

Well bollocks.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 11:17:22 pm »

In Dwarven Cooking, there are only two ingredients, Cheese, and Non-Cheese, both are equally edible.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 121