Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447965 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 11:16:33 am »

That's amazing, can't wait to see the rest!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »

Same here, I forgot to mention but if I get forumited can i be a swordforumite working 24/7 who's only profession is slashing and stabbing.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 09:30:49 pm »

Apiks, still with us? I hope the new years didn't keep you too busy!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 08:12:00 am »

Hello everyone, its your ever glorious Lord BFEL here, just popping in to request a turn and see how crazy shits gonna get. TALLY HO
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 11:47:20 am »

Apiks' Journals

1st of Granite, 251

Just like my husband from the last age of Necrothreat, I will be this Necrothreat's first overseer. I will quickly have to establish ourselves in these lands. From what I can see, there are SAND mountains again. I hope atleast there aren't any aquifers here. My husband had many problems with them which cost him a lot of time and a forumite. Other than that there is just a river and a few lakes here and there close to the river. The land seems good for settling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well then. First thing's first. I shall start mining into the mountains to create a hub for us to evolve into. Meanwhile BFEL will gather us some wood and the rest will be set upon gathering herbs and berries for our extended survival. All of this shall be in the memory of my husband Apiks! This is what he would've wanted and I will make sure it is seen complete.

2nd of Granite

What? There are no berries in these lands? Curses! This might prove disastrious. We have to find a second source of food A S A P.

4th of Granite

A squad has been formed under the leadership of Highmax28. It currently consists of only him but I suspect it will grow larger as more people come streaming in just like James said.

10th of Granite

Yes! Our storage room has been completed and supplies are being taken in. This couldn't have been done without.. I regret saying this... NAV's help when he picked up a pick and started mining. It seems hauling just ain't fitting his job description he said. Pfh. Show off. Anyway, we have started work on digging deeper with hopes of reaching stone.

13th of Granite

I have relieved myself of hauling duty so that I can concentrate on plans and mining the rest of the fortress which takes priority over quantiy in hauling. I have also temporary excused NAV in hauling until he builds the stairs going downwards into the depths of the earth and potentially building other buildings that we have need of.

16th of Granite

Success! We have managed to hit limonite and jet. This means that for the moment we have a stable supply of stone and no aquifer to defy us! This is the first step to greatness. I have begun mining a large quantity in it with hopes of managing to create proper accomodations for all of us. Armok knows that we all have strained backs because of everything that has happenedf with us recently.

I have also ordered a farm plot to be built since we will need the food due to the low amount of cherry bushes that are nearby which account to well... zero. This farm plot will help us in our exploits a great deal I sense.

17th of Granite

Today Mastahcheese came to me and told me that to build a farm plot we need someone with knowledge of farming. I asked him what sort of a joke this is and he made a counter joke to me. Making jokes with my jokes, eh? Well after that I made HIM the lead farmer so that he can build his farming plot. I hope we get better farmers soon. I wouldn't want to be eating stuff from his farms soon.

24th of Granite

Workshops have begun to be built per my order. This is most excellent due to the need of furniture that we have at the moment. I WILL make sure this fort succeeds even if it costs me my life. There's probably more lives than just mine at stake.

1st of Slate

We have managed to survive the first month. This is most excellent. I have ordered some restraints to be built at the fortress' entrance to put off any intruders we might have of small caliber. Everything at the moment is going according to plan. Workshops are being built, the farms are completed and being populated with crops. Only complaints so far is that we have too little storage space. I will have to address that this month. I have added traffic paths so that we can be a little better organised. Organisation at it's finest! Also I think that BFEL is abusing his powers a little. He recently threatened me to hurry up. The fool! We have plenty of time. If only my efficient husband was here...

8th of Slate

Curses! Rats have manifested themselves. We will have to move our food stock to a separate storage room soon. Very soon at that! Doors are also being placed all throughout the fortress at my order as well.

11 of Felsite

It is completed! The new storage room is done. Now lets see those rats get in. This is the beggining of the expansion and accomodations of Necrothreat as we know it. It is most excellent. Everybody seems happy at the moment which is somewhat weird considering that we have to sleep on the floor. But that matters little! I am happy!

21st of Felsite

Our farm has begun to ripe! This means that we have begun getting food. This is very good. We will not starve. I am sure the others will be delighted to hear of this. We still have not gotten any of these people that seek refuge that James mentioned but I do not fear. They will come soon enough. I also have given orders to begun making a place for the future traders that might come to us.

27th of Felsite

The kitchen has almost been completed! Finally mastahcheese can get to cooking in a quality kitchen. He will rejoice when I tell him these news, I am sure. Everything has been quite quiet these days. I worry. It's never been so quiet, even in the old Necrothreat. But does it matter? This means that we finally can reap the benefits of the good days!

20th of Hematite

The Trade Depot has been completed! This means we can start getting traders now. This is most excellent as we are in need of supplies.

22nd of Hematite

They have arrived! Migrants have arrived. Much needed hands have arrived. This is most excellent! This will boost our productivity great deal! I will have to inspect to see what each is good at and place them at work. Hurrah! They amount to the total of... two? WHAT? ONLY FOUR HANDS HAVE COME TO AID US? BLOOD AND ASHES! I must keep calm. What if my husband was to see me now? Well nevermind. I have asked the names of these new bloods and they tell me that their names are Jables and Splint respectively. Jables tells me that she is good with range whilst Splint is good with whatever we put him at work. Both have been initiated into the militia led by Highmax28. It seems that they are married which means that they have good cooperation.
 I hope we can survive the winter at this rate... I hope the merchants bring good much needed supplies... I hope we even last more than last time.

I have ordered more farm plots to be built as well.

15th of Malachite

I have told Jables to begin cutting gems at our newly constructed workshop area so that we have something to sell when the traders come. Everything uptill now is normal. No enemies, no accidents, no nothing. It worries me but we shall make use of it. I have also ordered the making of a dining room for us.

25th of Malachite

I have ordered the making of a room for the military to stay in. It will be on the 4th floor bottom so that it can reach the first floor quickly.

2nd of Galena

I have started giving out titles to everybody today. The current ranks are the following:

8th of Galena

I have ordered the makings of our rooms so that we can finally have a place to sleep and not on the ground as we have done all of these months. They are right below where the military rooms are.

21st of Galena

Somebody today told me that if any traders come, they will not be able to pass! When I gave it a closer inspection I confirmed. This is disastrious! As such I have ordered for it to be immediately fixed.

5th of Limestone

It would seem that our dog that have been posted to defend the entrance of the fort have given birth to a puppy! This is wonderful news! Awww look at it so cutely looking into my eyes. I sense that he shall become a great fighter and champion of the fort!

15th of Limestone
 Everything of stone attribute on the 4th floor is to be put in the dumpster. I issued that order today. We will be busy for quite some time. Accomodations are almost done. Our carpenter refuses to work for unknown to me reasons so I let him be. "Break time." he says. Humph.

I am still alive. Holidays did keep me quite busy. My turn will be finished by tomorrow is my hope since I delayed it for so long. Here's a massive update. Good to see you back BFEL. Hope you will stay with us this time.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:49:43 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2013, 12:06:15 pm »

And there was much rejoicing. And I am going to have a spastic fit if my turn comes to pass because of my deranged need for exact symmetry.

NotaPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2013, 12:44:41 pm »

Can we have the statuses of all the current Forumites?  :D

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2013, 05:13:42 pm »

Man, I'm not the sheriff this time around?
Oh, well, could I be banhammerer?

Also, Woo! Farm Plots!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 08:05:44 pm »

When I looked at the 2nd picture on the bottom, I thought "Pee river!"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2013, 12:52:25 pm »

And there was much rejoicing. And I am going to have a spastic fit if my turn comes to pass because of my deranged need for exact symmetry.
Yay....

And nice job apiks! I'm pretty sure chaos will begin in the second year. What kind of wildlife is around us? Anything we can kidnap and make into war animals? (Please say grizzly bears)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »

Apiks' Journals

20th of Limestone

I was told that today new migrants have arrived! Hurrah for more hands to work! I was told that we have gotten the total amount of... two? *facepalm* This must be a bad joke. We got another 4 hands. This brings the total population to the shocking amount of 11. Ugh. They also married, just like the last two migrants. It seems that they probably think this is a good place to spend their honeymoon. I will make sure it is not. They are named LtAlfred and his wife InsanityIncarnate. I will put LtAlfred in the military per his wish. It seems I am destined to make due with as little forumties as we have. I will succeed in the name of my husband!

6th of Sandstone

Today I removed the dump order. It is too time inneficient. On the other hand, 3 separate areas for sleeping have been made for future efforts. I can feel that they will be useful.

2nd of Timber

The order of the making of two statues for the entrance of Necrothreat have been issued. They will show that we do have a certain level of civilization and is worth trading with us. These past months since we've arrived have been uneventful. This is good since we did need to settle in. All that we are in need at the moment is more forumites to do the job. No traders have arrived so far. I hope they will this month as they did before in the previous Necrothreat. Otherwise we might be in for a rough Winter.

13th of Timber

Hurrah! The outpost liason of other of our kind that have survived the breaking have come. This is most excellent. Now we can establish trade and relationships with the world and spread word of our safe hub. When the traders settle in, I shall immediately set upon getting some food,ale, swords for our troops and other much needed stuff! This could potentially be the best thing that has happened all year long. I have also promoted MastahCheese to the level of banhammerer. I believe he could put those forumites into shape to work.

7th of Moonstone

I issued the order of the making of my office and place of living. The negotiations with the traders were successful. We have secured a stable supply of food and drinks as well as a few military things. What we need now is more forumites as I mentioned. Everything is going fine so far. No enemies have shown up which worries me.

23rd of Moonstone

Thief! A thief has infiltrated our fortress! A kobold thief no less! Thankfully, the dogs that I have placed on the entrance should do their job and at least scare the invader away.

25th of Moonstone

*sigh* Another thief has appeared right at our doorstep. This time he is a different one. Once again he was scared away by the dogs.

26th of Moonstone

What's going on here? Are we under siege by kobolds with less brains than rats? Today another Kobold thief came into sight just hours after the last one ran away. The dogs make quick work in scaring them so they'll get extra treats from me.

9th of Opal

It's Mid-Winter and nothing interesting has happened this past year except a few kobolds. I think I will retire of my role of leading this place when Spring comes. My husband came to me in a dream and told me to do so and so I shall. But there is about 2 months until then. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Everything is working out fine I guess as far as everything is concerned.

Sorry, it seems that this will be finished tomorrow and not today as I hoped. Atleast it's near the end so you will not have to wait a lot to get rid of me, hehe.

Also sorry Highmax28 but the only thing we have in this Armok forsaken quiet land is ravens,rats and a few alligators due to the river. The wildlife is pretty much DEAD here. Absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:29:04 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »

Ravens? Didn't they get turned into something more interesting? Maybe we should give them an interaction that makes them spontaneously combust.

Hey, I'm a girl! And I like derails...
Could I see what skills I have?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2013, 06:58:02 pm »

Sure, why not. As for the ravens, a new version of the mod cannot be added without a new world regen so maybe we could add it so that ravens spontaneously combust (just like you said) in the next version of it.

EDIT: Also, the rats and ravens have all but disappeared. Probably migrated to somewhere where more bountiful harvest can be found. It's a barren wasteland now with only forumites in sight (and the dogs I guess).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:59:41 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 01:53:22 am »

Anyone got the same idea for war alligators? :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:39 pm »

Hey Apiks, just had a little idea I figured I would shoot your way. I was thinking about doing my character in the same style I used in PaintedCrypts. That was in my opinion the most fun dorf to do logs and stuff with that I ever had. Unfortunately this would require a re-forumiting as a girl, because it HAS to be the same dorf (well we would be fudgeing the bio and such but whatever) If your interested take a look at my posts in that fort, that shit was great and I want to bring that here.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 121