Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447937 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2013, 11:14:46 pm »

Well this is gonna get interesting. First day of second semester of college and I got a fortress to run... What do I say? THE CHAOS CAN BEGIN! LET IT IN! (Yes I just did a Blind Guardian reference) I'll start it tomorrow cause its 10pm and I gotta wake up for 6:30... Yay...

Well you wanted it and now I delievered it. Also go Blind Guardian! They be a good band.

We'll wait. Take your time. Or atleast I'll wait. Dunno about the others. This is gonna be interesting after the second year. It's funny how in Necrothreat I and Necrothreat II both first years were quiet. I truly am the boring.

Let's see what you'll manage to make out of everything.
Silence before the storm as they say. And expect lots of swords. And constant complaining about elves  :P

Especially in Glidersnarls II xD.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2013, 04:10:22 pm »

Journal of Highmax, Swords Enthusiast:
1st Granite, 252:
It's been a year since we all awoke and were told by that funny man about being reborn. I didn't remeber what happened until recently.

I kept thinking: we died? When?

Only a few nights ago did I remember the blood, the carnage, and the endless dead swarming us all. I remember the falling walls, the evil creatures in the depths, the legions of the dead murdering all those I knew, and...

...And being devoured by that beast...

It still haunts my dreams. Now I remember, and I keep my sword on me all the time now, with constant worry that the dead will surround us all again. The constant screams still ring in my ears... The apiks reunited hand in hand in death (I guess they didn't understand "Til death do us part").

Today I was still pondering this when Apiks aproached me. She came by and asked if we could talk for a bit. I really had no choice since she's the overseer. I asked her what she wanted to ask. And in my mind, I kept that gruesome image in my head of her dead corpse among those dead... I kept a tight grip on my blade at this point just from the pain of those thoughts. She then asked me to take over as the new overseer. I was so surprised, I put my guard down and was left stunned. Me? Overseer?

"I'm just a soldier. I've only ever commanded a squad of ten with me included." I told her.

"And that is why I chose you. We need defences against the dead if what James said was right"

James... That was the funny man's name?

She pulled out a piece of paper with some instructions on it.

"If you need some guidelines, start with these tasks. It's what I would do if I wasn't told by everyone else I'm so boring"

I chuckled at this and took the paper and shoved it in my pocket.

"I'll do what I can" I told her saluting her. I walked away and began my duties.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:16 pm »

2nd of Granite, 252:
I have taken a survey of the place. It's definatley not the same as before and severely undermanned with only 11 fourmites. I decided we need more resources... And by resources I mean swords. How many do we have? We don't know? Well lets change that. We need to wait for someone who can count things to arrive, because I don't think anyone here can count past ten... I don't know why... One thing I also noticed: WHO ON EARTH MADE THE WORKSHOPS ON TOP OF THE QUARTERS!?!?!? Does one not realise that workshops are LOUD. This will make us all very tired from not sleeping well! I decided to make the bedrooms under it a stockpile for furniture. I also designed some rooms for the nobles. Who said Apiks gets the best room in the house and we lesser nobles get little hovels? Not I! I made four for now. One for me, one for NAV, one for BFEL, and one for whoever our archiver will be (I hope they come soon... I need a sword count!). I am also going to clean up all the crap in the dining room once I start getting some stuff organized. I'm also thinking about making some traps and a better military. Problem is, I need another lacke- I mean recuit to spar with our friends here. I'm also digging straight to the 100th Z-Level. Get some more room to build things. And maybe find something interesting... Like marble or some other flux stone for BETTER SWORDS!!!! AND MAGMA! Gotta have magma... Or we can just get lots of charcoal... But that'd piss of those elves... Wait, WHO CARES? I don't care about no damn elf! Hell, I killed some back in Glidesnarls! If they show their ugly heads here, I'll just make sure they get the message: WE DONT LIKE ELVES.

23rd of Granite, 252:
NAV and Apiks came up to me to report something of interest:

I looked over the reports and also found this inside of it:

I was dumbfounded. What the Hell is a downward passage? I ordered up that section of stair leading to it to be walled off, NEVER TO BE OPENED AGAIN. Whatever comes out of that passage can't be good news. I saw all the gold and stuff in the walls from their reports and I told them we can't risk it. Theres an ample supply of water down there that we might use one day for a well, but I'm not going NEAR there until we know whats down there.

6th Slate, 252:
Apiks and NAV came running and started talking over and over and panicing. I told them both to calm down and then tell me calmly one at a time. Apiks told me they hit yet ANOTHER cavern. Great! Another one! Right when we got the first one walled off! Wall off any way to that floor and dig around again... If I hit another cavern and still dont find magma I will not be pleased. On the bright side, we found out where the downward passage leads to. And we have quite a bit of native and horn silver and native gold. Gold sarcophagus anyone? How about some monuments of the old world made here? *pen sploches here and there, next page has writting*
I dropped my pen and spilled my ink upon remembering those horrible thoughts. Nothing of the old world will be glorious. There is only death in that world... And only death will come if we continue as they did...

13th of Slate, 252:
BFEL just ran in on me during my training session and shouted he can see friends comming from the south. I sheathed my sword and ran out to greet them. We need all the hands we can get to deal with this place. I ran out to greet them all one by one, thinking we will get about four or five pairs of hands when I saw what appeared to be an entire crowd rushing towards us. I grabbed BFEL but his collar and yelled in his face. "I THOUGHT YOU TOLD ME THERE WERE FRIENDS! NOT AN ATTACK!" I drew my sword, ready to break the seige when I saw a fourmite man come. I sheathed my sword. Well now, that was stupid of me wasn't it? I did end up greeting all of them... All 25 of them... And they brought 11 animals with us, some of them strays... MEATS BACK ON THE MENU TONIGHT!

OOC: Apiks, who else needs to be fourmited? We have plenty to name now! Grand total of 36 strong now!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2013, 09:52:45 pm »

17th of Felsite, 252:
Something utterly terrifying has arrived:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Armok have mercy on our souls...

EDIT:

WHY ARMOK WHY!?!?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!? WHYYYYYYYY!!!???!?!?!?!?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:55:38 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »

DF crashed after I tried to do too much at once, but what ended up happening was a zombie kestrel came by with that thread necromancer and EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL. I swear, that thing moved so fast... Apiks, I think it would be best to consult those working on the mod to make sure HAXXORS CAN NEVER LEARN THE SECRETS OF THREAD NECROMANCY. EVER. I swear, MMO gamers, zombies and a haxxor thread necromancer just ruined my day! If I had a 10$ for each guy resurected in one second spans, I'd have more money then bill gates. I could not catch up to him or see him. And EVERYTHING GOT UP. And why? The mechanic thought it was funny to go hunting... Bastard...

EDIT:
I'm kicking the fourmites into overdrive. We are going to make a crap ton of cage traps and practically wall off the front door. When that haxxor shows his face, we'll catch him and place the cage in some forsaken pit where no one will ever enter...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:29:41 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »

Good news, threat averted, but locking down the fortress for good measure for now... I'm gonna use the elves as bait to attract any other baddies. I gnabbed myself a fourmite thread necromancer... But wheres the haxxor???

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2013, 11:38:18 pm »

20th of Hemetite, 252:
*the letters are sharp and jumpy, as if he was shaking*
I'm safe in here... No one can find me... No one... I'll wait it out... Yes, wait it out... We may have captured ONE thread necromancer, but theres more... Oh yes there is more... They call me mad to think theres more... Oh theres more all right... And more will come! Trust me... We have resources and weapons... And I placed sentry bears... Bears you ask? How did we get bears? We stole them... Yes stole them... From those pointy eared freaks... They had two bears... Male and female... Lots of bears now... yes... Make an army... Yes... Kill the dead with bears... hehehhehe.... That haxxor is still out there... I can hear him in the wind... I smell him in the air... I can taste his very essense.... It tastes like blood... No that isn't my blood from biting my tongue in fear... He'll come back... Oh yes, he'll be back... And he'll murder us all... And no one will live... Just like before... We won't make it out alive... I elected some new guy to count everything... He counted and counted until he got me the numbers... Yes... The numbers of everything... I counted the swords... We have six... And they're all ELVISH MAKE!!!!

*sharp scribbles are shown across the bottom part of the page, even ripping alot of it*
I WILL WATCH THOSE BASTARDS *rip*RN!!! HOW DARE THEY MAKE SUCH BEAUTIFUL *rip*LS AND MAKE THEM OUT OF SOMETHING*rip*RRIFYI*rip*!?!?!?! I'LL MAKE BLADES OUT OF IRON! SI*rip*! STEEL! I'LL SLAUGHTER EVERY ELVEN *rip*H IF I HAVE TO!!!!
*rips and scirbbles end*

I hear someone comming! That haxxor is comming down the corridor! I MUST HIDE!!!! HIDE!!!!

HIDE!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2013, 12:02:58 am »

17th of Malachite, 252:
It was Apiks that found me hiding in the garbage dump under a bunch of stone, half insane and screaming about a haxxor thread necromancer. She had to knock me out and have Sprin have a look at me (although its a mystery what he could do since Sprin is insane himself). They managed to help me so I can continue running the fortress. Sprin wanted an excuse to use his chainsaw but Apiks just did everyting. Although it was NAV that found out what was wrong. She thought it was post traumatic stress cause of the elves and the haxxor that she had seen herself. Sprin gave me some weird crap to drink and even thoguh it tasted like crap, I'm not making mad ramblings. I'm glad there haven;t been reports of the Haxxor for a couple months now. Maybe he got smart enough and ran away... *writing gets a little jumpy* or maybe... yes... hes hiding... hiding... and waiting... waiting to take us all out... *jumpy writing ends* Nonetheless I have ordered a balista/catapult batter to be constructed on top of the fortress. No more severed heads and no more worrys of the enemy comming and locking us in defenseless. I'm also making a bridge design, but the problem is we need to divert trhe river... And I was originally going to make a cistern for a well, but I will have to make due. In my mad ramblings, I did not lie however about the bears. We have two black bears, one male and one female. And I have put them in front of my trap array. Anything that trys to enter will be either mauled by bears OR caught in a trap. I'm going to order a clear cut of the forests around us and make charcoal. Its about time we have a properly armed military to go with our battery... On a good note, Insanity Incarnate has given birth to a baby boy! Does this make the boy son of insanity?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:10:13 am by highmax28 »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2013, 12:30:05 am »

That was brilliant, Higmax28! A lot more interesting than during what happened in my year. We already got a haxxor and necrothreader? Damn good job of managing to capture one. I personaly would've killed him myself and not risked having him but what do I know?

Also here's the list of people that you have to forumite:

Pokon - no specific dwarf
IronTomato - Hammedwarf or Miner
NotaPirate - Military sword user or mechanic/metal worker
If MastahCheese has a wife, name her Esther1

Keep doing the good job, I do like it very much so so far. Also sorry Splint but it would seem that the threadmancer threat has been averted. You're still on the roll.

Edit: Also huzzah for massive forumite crowd coming to our rescue! I guess it was worth it not getting any people during the first year for this bunch.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:32:15 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2013, 01:44:56 am »

28th of Malachite, 252:
Jables has given birth to a baby girl. The ballista level of the battery is almost done. I just have to place the ballistae into the system itself and carve fortifications and we’re good for that. I’m going to offset each one so we don’t have friendly fire incidents.
12th of Galena, 252:
We captured a Troll today. It was trying to kidnap our babies and probably make unspeakable thread zombies with them… *Shudders* That’s one less troll creating twisted monsters in the world… And rejoice! Humans have arrived! Unlike elves, Humans are much more nicer to converse with. They don’t care about trees, only making money! QUICK! START PUTTING RANDOM USELESS CRAP TO THE TRDE DEPOT!

16th of Galena, 252:
Two trolls were captured and one kobold ran off… I swear they must be- HOLY SHIT!

EVERYONE INSIDE! WE MUST SAVE OURSELVES FROM THE BEAST!!!! Damn bastards were leading this thing to us! I told Jables to go and get everyone inside. He came back to me five minutes later laughing. I grabbed her by the collar and yelled in her face “WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!? THIS IS SERIOUS! IT WAS THINGS LIKE THOSE THAT MADE NECROTHREAT FALL!” she looked at me puzzled and replied:

“Sir… I’m laughing because it changed forms and ran away…”

I felt stupid because she wasn’t around the time of the fall of Necrothreat. I apologized and told everyone to return to their duties. We need to get this battery up and running… I also finally ordered a clear cut of the forest to the south. We need as much wood as we can get, and quickly… I have also ordered several people to construct a sealing chamber for the thread necromancer. They may not be able to die of old age… But at least we can seal them for eternity. They prepared the room and are now placing the magic runes to keep the freak inside. We still need four statues of silver to keep him properly sealed if this book of magic says properly… If this works, we will never have to worry about this creature ever again! We also got some good trading in from the humans. We got lots of food, booze and most importantly: SWORDS!!!!! We have an iron and copper sword now!!!!

13th of Limestone, 252:
We had another Troll come in, only this time it got killed instead of captured. This is bad. We NEED to get rid of it right now! If we don’t get rid of that corpse *writing gets jumpy* he’ll… he’ll return… he can smell death on the wind… like I can smell him… and he’ll come here… he’ll come like lightning… faster then lightning even… No one will hear him… no one can see him… we will all die… must… get… rid… of… corpse… 
*jumpy handwriting stops*

20th of Limestone, 252:
My 2IC withdrew from society today. I’m worried, but I know Jables will be alright. On a positive note, we got the smelters working. I’ll get a real military started once we get some weapons for everyone. I’m going to make some hammers, but most of our production will be swords. Yes swords. We are going to have so many swords that if everyone had four hands there would still be enough swords for everyone and another hundred.

22nd of Limestone, 252:
Curses! Jables has claimed the only metalsmiths forge! We must comply to her terms if we are going to win it back. Shining metal bars? Stacked cloth? A quarry? That’s what you want? Hmm… we’ll figure this out…

23rd of Limestone, 252:
I was approached by another panic stricken citizen jumping up and down. They looked so scared I couldn’t tell if they crapped themselves already or they are going to. I asked what happened and they said “Theives! Theives have come to steal our children!” I laughed a little. “They will run away as they always do.” The lady stared at me with a look that meant dread.
“Sir… you don’t understand… These are thread zombie thieves!”
I dropped everything and grabbed my sword and rallied the soldiers we have on hand and charged out.  As soon as that zombie saw us coming, the farmer it was grabbing in its grip was slashed and he ran away. I went to the aid of the farmer as my allies ran after the zombie. I asked if they were hurt but they were fine. It seemed their robe made the dagger just glance away. We need to prepare for a much heavier assult… I need bridges up and running NOW.

15th of Sandstone, 252:
More migrants have arrived, bringing us to a total of 60 strong. We don’t have magma however so arming us will require lots of trees burning… Which we’re doing now. The statues for the sealing chamber are still put away because Jables can’t find her stuff… I hope some traders come by soon… We need those silver statues done soon, I can hear the damned necrothreader laughing…

6th of Timber, 252:
Jables went insane today. Child in hand and everything… Now we got a crazy soldier going around whipping around her baby. I’m going in to put her out of her misery… I’m sorry…
*Later Entry*
She killed her child by stabbing it over and over with her spear. I rushed in, sword in hand with others in my unit and we killed her. It was quick… I stabbed her in the head, making it quick and clean, and as hopefully painless as possible. The statues will be made, and we will seal that thread necromancer. I sense the damn thing is just a bad omen…

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2013, 08:11:54 am »

Nice. Need to capture that Were and make a Were fortress. THEN THE HAXXOR NECRO WILL BE SORRY. SO VERY SORRY. LIKE HES DAVID TENNANT OR SOMETHING. THAT IS HOW SORRY HE WILL BE. DAVID TENNANT SORRY.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2013, 08:39:36 am »

Nice. Need to capture that Were and make a Were fortress. THEN THE HAXXOR NECRO WILL BE SORRY. SO VERY SORRY. LIKE HES DAVID TENNANT OR SOMETHING. THAT IS HOW SORRY HE WILL BE. DAVID TENNANT SORRY.

I recall it running off the map so it means that it has disappeared and we'd need a new one. Also I'm still not sure if getting a were thing is a good idea but if it saves the fortress then I'm all for it.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:44 am »

It was a were coyote so Im all for it XD much better then were beaver/rat

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:10 pm »

It was a were coyote so Im all for it XD much better then were beaver/rat

I personally did prefer the beaver/rat. In my mind it was all like a gentleman rat that had gentlemanly clothes and was drinking some coffee/tea whilst sitting on a chair and showing his front teeth to whoever looked at him. Oh did I menton that that same rat had ridiculously large eyes and was somewhat cute. Atleast uptill the point you fight it.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2013, 03:36:43 pm »

I forget who it was but those teeth reminded me of a beaver. I like beavers (me being canadian and all) but I can't be a badass as something like a beaver mixed with a rodent :( The coyote however... Close enough as we'll get to werebear so if I caught it, I'd make all our military become one of them :P

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 121