Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 445459 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #780 on: October 11, 2013, 11:57:50 am »

I'll get started as soon as I can
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 11, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »

Just as a note on the maidens' children...They should be distributed to the non-maiden women of the fort and then one of them should come back...You know which one.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 11, 2013, 12:27:15 pm »

It would be awesome to do that if we had an adoption feature.  Maybe I need to go vote in the suggestion forum.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 11, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »

I laughed a bit when it said everyone was "peaceful"... We're not gonna be peaceful soon if I see the right requirements 8)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 11, 2013, 06:07:49 pm »

Just a question, Ruhn. Is the vampire imprisoned? Or is he still walking free. If free you should wall him up highmax.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 11, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »

Just a question, Ruhn. Is the vampire imprisoned? Or is he still walking free. If free you should wall him up highmax.
I'll probably throw him outside with the fire

22nd of Granite, 257: The Return of Highmax, Doofu- Wait, what?
Well, Ruhn came up to me and started telling me that he needs a break from the mind breaking duties as overseer. I told him I'll take over, but as long as we do things my way. He agreed and complained about getting therapy or something like that for his sanity... Odd...

So I took another look about. Its been a long time since... Well... I actually had a good look at this place. And supposedly I was zombified for a few months before DwArfY helped me escapethat nightmarish hell I went through... I guess me being the only one who escaped Necromancy, I'm kind of a figure to prove that this thread zombie menace CAN be cured. Not in the way I wanted mind you, but it happened. Now, First thing I notice; my profession nametag was replaced when I wasn't looking and was replaced with "Doofus"... I found the one responsible and gave him equal punishment. Elephant Parade is now known as the "Jerkface" of necrothreat (how do you like them apples!?).

I then noticed that EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE OUTSIDE. Apparently this is commonplace now, but it was quite a shocker since I was the first to notice years back. Damned l33t gamerz... I also noticed that the CHIEF MEDICAL FOURMITE is resting in the hospital wounded. Gods help us all... I passed by DwArfY and I noticed he looked like someone threw him through a pipe system. I can't tell if theres anything on him that is still fully intact... I don't WANT to know what got at him... We also have a really wounded "possible vampire". What are we DOING to these people!? I went a little deeper and I noticed... WHO UNSEALED THE DAMN THREADNECROMANCER I CAPTURED!?!?! Are you TRYING to get us killed!??!

I see we have a lot of work to do... Well... Lets get this thing started

EDIT:

Also, WHY THE HELL AM I CARRYING A SPEAR!?!?!?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 11, 2013, 06:39:26 pm »

hahaha....errr yes. About that. Well, see, we only had spear forumites available to kill your dead/alive body. So when you changed form....well, let's say you shortened your blade and lengthened your hilt. That make it easier?  :D
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 11, 2013, 07:01:46 pm »

hahaha....errr yes. About that. Well, see, we only had spear forumites available to kill your dead/alive body. So when you changed form....well, let's say you shortened your blade and lengthened your hilt. That make it easier?  :D
... I'm taking back my blades of death... Thank you...

24th of Granite, 257: Change for the Better... Where's my hand?
I just realized my hand is gone. How did I not notice this before, I don't know. Perhaps I lost it when I pulled DwArfY out of that pipe section? Nah... Probably not. Maybe I lost it during that horrifying dream when I returned from Zombification? Who knows? I ordered some barrels to be made for booze. But since we have a huge deficit of wood, I decided to use the next alternative... I was thinking at first we make it out of the skulls of our enemies, but then they could come back to life and kill us.... Then I thought of using hollowed rocks, but that would taste horrible and chipping away at the stone would take forever... I decided since we have 300 units of iron, that we have, yes, IRON barrels. Its blasphemy but we NEED booze. Apparently many have forgotten what its like to have booze...

How have we been lasting so long?

Also, I ordered some slabs to be made for our fallen who's bodies we cannot bury. Mostly because I'm not jumping into that river for the mechanics body who probably died during my past reign. Or just a poor victim who fell in during a siege. Regardless, ther are many bodies we cannot retrieve or are too dangerous to grab. Slabs to memorialize them will remove the damn ghosts from coming backto haunt us. Theres two after the vampire that's walled off at this time. I throw spears over the wall every now and then to piss off the vampire. I always make sure theres a rope to pull it back so I don't loose them. I also rearranged the nobles positions since the old chief medical fourmite lies in his own hospital. I also appointed a new militia commander, which was one of the maidens. I'm a simple captain now though. I've lost almost all my skill in swordsmanship, so I better get back on that... I got DwArfY to help me get back into training. After all, it shouldn't be too hard to spar with someone missing half their body, right? I also noticed; WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY ANIMALS!?!?! I then decided to butcher a good amount of the useless ones. I laso have begun to notice strange voices calling to me as I sleep... Creepy, but I think its the vampire trying to scare me, so I threw an axe this time. He proceeded to target urinate OVER the wall. He missed me, but I commend him for the effort. I also told him to shut the hell up and I wouldn't throw stuff at him. He said hes been silent since he was LOCKED in here... :o

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 11, 2013, 07:47:31 pm »

20th of Slate, 257: The Perfect Gladness
A surgeon was arguing with one of the carpenters. When I asked what was going on, the carpenter explained that this blue stone thing was supposed to be considered a bed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As soon as I saw the spikes I knew he was nuts. WHo would sleep on that damned thing!? Its like something out of that hellish nightmare! I took the bed and threw it somewhere asking the surgeon if he was trying to kill us all. The image alone shows how mad he was. Speaking of which, I don't think the old chief medical dwarf is coming out of rest... She appears fine but won't wake up... This is a problem... I've also been running about trying to get equipment for myself. Its difficult, but I'm managing. But I swear I'm hearing voices now... They sound familiar but I can't put my finger on what it is...

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 11, 2013, 11:44:29 pm »

That bed... oh that bed! Hilarious! I can't wait for more!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 12, 2013, 05:43:26 am »

Ha, good so far highmax. And don't hurt the half of my body that's still alive! It's all I have  :(

Also, remember the Minotaur that was there when my turn began? He was beating on the head of a forumite and had been for ages. The combat report went on for pages. The Minotaur was overexerted but still kept on pounding. There were some trolls, so I waited quite a while then killed them, then killed the Minotaur. The dwarf was brought to the hospital, and it would appear is still there...the chief medical dwarf! I'm amazed he's still alive, his face was pretty much pulp.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 12, 2013, 07:20:12 pm »

Sorry for those who are getting bored of me butting in, but I like to write so just a fair warning: RP Coming up, read at own peril.

Beat. Beat. Beat.
Is that my heart? I do not know. I am walking, head high, through the lack lustre halls. I am walking, trying to find someone, any one, to whom I can speak. It happened again...IT was waiting for me. I feel so drained...no! I will not give in. I must walk. That's what I'm doing, walking though my legs feel like rubber, though my heart feels like a drum and my head feels like it is being pounded by the hammers I can hear ringing many floors below. I must walk!

And I do. Walking, slipping, sliding. Making a path through the bustling corridors and packed rooms.Somewhere, fuzzily at the back of my mind I know that there shouldn't be so many people. They are the dead, of both Necrothreat I and II mingling with the alive. Neither group seems to be aware of the other. I stumble through the dead, walk into the living. Some shout curses, others offer me help; all believe me to be drunk. The irony is not wasted even on my sleep deprived and blood lacking self. I am not drunk, but drunk from. Still I walk, still I hold my head high. My muscles strain with the effort, veins bulging with exhaustion. The people now begin to look at me with concern, for no drunk Forumite ever looks worse than when they are sober. But I walk with my head high, and I keep my face as of the stone which surrounds us. They see what they think is strength and, reassured, walk on. I wish they were right.

There! Ahead, a flash of fancy clothing which is so impractical only those high in authority would wear them. I myself wore them once, what seems like lifetimes ago. I manage a weak, wan smile. I suppose, for me, it was a few lives and bodies ago. But my mind wanders from my purpose. It is getting harder to concentrate.... Shuffling forward, I put my hand on the embroidered shoulder. The person under the cloth gives a jump and turns around. "Why, Dwarfy, whatever's the problem? Are you okay?" He says with concern as he sees my ghoulishly pale face and purple lips.

"R..R..uhn. I am...well. Well enough." I manage to squeeze past my unwilling lips. " I need to...to talk to you. The deaths...I know the cause...blood. The blood is..taken from them. It is taken from me!" With a fevered intensity I grab the cuffs of his jacket and pull him close to my face. Our noses nearly touching, I continue. "It is HIM. You know who I mean. Him, he has sent a creature amongst us....one bonded to me...you must...help. I need help" Ruhn looked confused, then a partial realisation dawned on him

"You mean"...he lowered his voice to a whisper "Him? He who haunts the shadows and the dreams, the font of evil? Armok himself" With supreme weariness, I nod. A look of eagerness, eagerness for the kill enters his eyes. I begin to tell him the name of the creature sent to haunt us, but a voice drifting across the hall cuts me off.

"Dear, there you are. Are you all right? Thanks for looking after him Ruhn, he's been feverish and babbling nonsense. The doc thinks he has an infection of some kind...something about puncture holes getting infected. Will you help me bring him back to our room?" Gasping with horror, I let Ruhn's coat slip through my limp fingers, the bunched cloth suddenly let free. My knees like jelly, I sink to the floor. It found me. I was too late, and it found me. Tense joints giving way, I topple to the side. The last words which swim towards me through the darkness are in Ruhn's voice "Sure...er, yes, sure. Of course I will help. Punctures, you say? How odd...."

I awaken. It is cold, chill even, despite the bed sheet pulled up to my neck. Slowly I crack open my eyes. I see no one and, made bold by this, try to sit up. A darker shadow in the corner stirs and the vampire stands up and walks into the light, a sadistic grin twisting its face. I cringe, and hate myself for it. My only defense is that I had endured its...administrations... for months, my resolve being gradually ripped apart.

"So, you thought to betray me did you?" it spat through its smile. Odd how its eyes always stay the same expressionless wall and its smile is so changeable, expresses so many levels of spite, hate and...hunger. "Well, I'll soon teach you why you should obey me." Its smile grew deeper, more evil, and it drew from behind its back an axe with a wicked-looking spike. "Your friend Ruhn lent this to me. You know, his real name is Peruhn? Pronounced Perrin he says. Strange fellow, but he gave me the axe he carries everywhere when I asked for it. Seemed glad to give it in fact. I said I was going to chop some fire wood. It leaned in closer to me and shivered,the smile never leaving its face. "It is cold in here, isn't it? Well, time to get chopping" With that, it casually chopped off my left foot and then my right hand, smile never slipping from its face.

I freeze, mind numb. Then, like the tide coming in I feel the pain, a sea of fire which threatens to sweep me away. The room seems to shake, especially the door, And a growing cloak of darkness drops slowly before my eyes. My stumps throb like erupting volcanoes, spewing red hot blood everywhere, the wall, floor. The vampire seems entranced by it. The door bursts open, and I see Apiks, Highmax and a troop of the spear-forumites framed in it. I feel a vague amusement, despite the overwhelming pain, at seeing Highmax holding a spear. And then the darkness falls softly into place, and the rest is hidden from me.

I wake screaming this time, thrashing and kicking, feeling my tender but blessedly no longer bleeding stumps rub up against the bed sheets. Gradually I subside as I feel comforting hands petting me and hear soothing words whispered in my ear. I look around me and see I am in hospital, Apiks, Highmax and some nurses surrounding the bed. I collapse back into the pillow. "What...what happened?" I whisper, voice hoarse."

"You're lucky to be alive, is what happened", one of the nurses said sternly. "No more thrashing, and get some rest!" She glared at Highmax "I'd make you leave, the both of you, were you not the overseer, Highmax. But make it quick, or feel my anger." With a sniff she twirled and stalked away, the other nurses following like an indignant gaggle of geese.

Highmax flashes a boyish grin and sticks his tongue out at her retreating back, but Apiks is more serious. "We were talking to Ruhn. He said he was retiring and was going to pass his position to Highmax, but also mentioned his run in with you and your talk of evil and blood. And then that mention of you being bonded to this evil, and then of punctures, and..."

Highmax leaps into the conversation "And we thought that the only evil bond any Forumite could have was marriage, so we went and investigated. Good thing too. We found it gazing at your blood. It didn't even fight us, seemed focused only on the blood, so we locked it away and got you down here double-quick"

I start laughing, tears streaming down my face. "It's over. Over. Thank you. THANK YOU" I yelled at the ceiling, at anything that would listen to me and feel pride in helping. "thank you", I whisper, tears streaming down my face. "thank you."
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 13, 2013, 04:31:55 am »

That was brilliant, DwArfY! I'm impressed! Now if I could only find the will to update the main post and add in it there, it'll be fabulous (will do so when Highmax posts his first update.

I actually don't know if I'm alive so I'd like to ask Highmax to check that out. If I'm not, then forumite me as some military guy/woman.

Other than that, it was great! Keep up the good work everybody!!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 13, 2013, 05:08:18 am »

Hey, I was just looking through Necrothreat one again, more towards the end. Why were all those great ideas never put in the mod? Overweight humans, sentient spam bots, elven hippies, duct tape sutures for heavens sake!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 13, 2013, 06:24:13 am »

Hey, I was just looking through Necrothreat one again, more towards the end. Why were all those great ideas never put in the mod? Overweight humans, sentient spam bots, elven hippies, duct tape sutures for heavens sake!

Mainly due to the fact that there's nobody to do it. We have a deficiency of modders willing to put it in. That's why I'm always welcome to modders who want to improve upon the mod and add more. Otherwise, modder deficiency is modder deficiency. They were good ideas, I do agree. Would make everything so much more hilarious xD.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 121