Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438555 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #795 on: October 13, 2013, 06:32:40 am »

Agreed. Maybe you could start a thread in the modding section? Open the doors of Teh LOLmod and see what people do. If it goes horribly wrong you would still have the original as backup. Be good to have some of that stuff, and I myself found my exceedingly limited modding skills pushed just putting in a new breed of reindeer :)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 13, 2013, 09:38:18 am »

Agreed. Maybe you could start a thread in the modding section? Open the doors of Teh LOLmod and see what people do. If it goes horribly wrong you would still have the original as backup. Be good to have some of that stuff, and I myself found my exceedingly limited modding skills pushed just putting in a new breed of reindeer :)

I have thought of doing such a thing recently, but have found myself stopped by the fact that I do not have the ability to manage a second thread at this current moment. Maybe in a week, but not right now. Otherwise, I am indeed planning to open the doors of Teh LOLmod.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 13, 2013, 08:46:13 pm »

Sorry about the lack thereof for a post yesterday... Pokémon is so enthralling to me... I'll be updating ASAP.

I love the story DwArfY, but one problem: the vampire is married, but not to you or anyone in the fortress. Doesn't say... But I'll pull a few strings and do that... ANd plus, I'll make it so someone reminds me about the incident so at least I can remember that... And I think apiks might be dead... I'll refourmite you and anyone else who needs it.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 13, 2013, 09:05:13 pm »

26th of Slate, 257: Dead people, Tree Fondling Undead and Engravings
The gem setter was found dead today. Some say it was from dehydration but I wouldn't know. I talked to DwArfY about how the situation of the fort is going as she sees it, but she kept mumbling about being free from the cursed beast. I guess that vampire incident keeps bugging her. I also remembered I still have Perrin's axe after I threw it a couple times at the vampire to piss him off for hurting a good friend of mine. Regardless, I'm still grabbing armor for myself.

We also had some slabs assigned for engraving today as well. The last thing we need is another undead apposoclypse... But ghosts instead of thread zombies. Hopefully, we can get this all sorted out quickly... Speaking of undead, we saw some undead limbs hiding in trees as we looked out of the ballista and catapauly batteries... Odd...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 13, 2013, 10:01:30 pm »

17th of Hematite, 257: Progress and the Enemy Swim Meeting
We dug up some more magnetite for the forges. We also got those corpses hauled away (btw, a baby died of dehydration as well) as we speak. I stopped pestering the vampire after Perrin got mad at me for throwing his axe over the wall and almost loosing it. We also heard of a bunch of gamerz and thread zombies having a grnad old time in the river (I do hope they're drowning... Damned bastards...). Also to mu curiosity and shock, I found out today Apiks has been away somewhere and came back looking a bit different... Odd...

LATER:
Some migrants have arrived despite the danger... Well, they're dead soon... They're presently being hunted down by gamerz shooting them down. I also found out we are COMPLETELY INADQUATE FOR BREAKING A SIEGE... Whats wrong with this place!?!?! Its been years since I last took hold and we have an army with only two people above adequate in weapon proficiency and one of them is rusty... I swear, this place is going to be the death ofme...

Meanwhile, the voices continue, but I hope its the ghosts... I hope to god its nothing worse...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 13, 2013, 10:10:49 pm »

17th of Hematite, 257: Progress and the Enemy Swim Meeting
We dug up some more magnetite for the forges. We also got those corpses hauled away (btw, a baby died of dehydration as well) as we speak. I stopped pestering the vampire after Perrin got mad at me for throwing his axe over the wall and almost loosing it. We also heard of a bunch of gamerz and thread zombies having a grnad old time in the river (I do hope they're drowning... Damned bastards...). Also to mu curiosity and shock, I found out today Apiks has been away somewhere and came back looking a bit different... Odd...

LATER:
Some migrants have arrived despite the danger... Well, they're dead soon... They're presently being hunted down by gamerz shooting them down. I also found out we are COMPLETELY INADQUATE FOR BREAKING A SIEGE... Whats wrong with this place!?!?! Its been years since I last took hold and we have an army with only two people above adequate in weapon proficiency and one of them is rusty... I swear, this place is going to be the death ofme...

Meanwhile, the voices continue, but I hope its the ghosts... I hope to god its nothing worse...
Sieges tend to mostly break themselves when the forest burns down.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 13, 2013, 11:23:36 pm »

12th of Malachite, 257: Silence and Ideas
Well, we got good news, bad news, better news and decent news. Bad news is most of the gamerz killed the migrants. Goods news is they wasted most of their bolts. Better news is the siege is gone, just the ambush of gamerz. Decent news is there are two migra- one migrant left alive. I don't know, but I think we can take them... The only issue I have is with the gamerz in the water still... They haven't drowned yet. Theres about 10 total gamerz and none can breathe fire (thank the gods!).

Theres also been a lot of talk about Armok... About him being a more... "Evil" being... I don't know about that for sure, because Apiks, myself, Nav, and several others witnessed the messenger telling us about the incident where Armok revived us... That doesn't sound too evil... Is it? All I know is we're still fighting an undead menace and receiving migrant refugees during sieges and ambushes. A god that lets his servants live in a world that's ridden with the undead monsters and necromantic gods that destroy all living things is a pretty merciless god, don't you think? But I decided to delve a bit deeper into this subject. I reopened the seal to the thread necromancer and he smiled as I walked in.

"Well, if it isn't a pawn of my master... How was the feeling of being a pawn of the great high lord threadromancer?"

I stared him down, my sword in my hand.

"You know him very well... After all, you met him. And we saw his avatar in your old home.... The severed head, grinning as he watched as your fortress became your tomb. Then Armok, the pitiful god, wept and flooded the earth, and then reshaped it and brought all of you back... With more dangers then ever before... Have you ever stopped and decided that your god is a pathetic wretch? My god and master is much greater. He granted us power beyond our wildest dreams... Immortality, servants, our own dominion to rule, and overwhelming power... I doubt you'd join us, but after what you went through, I'm surprised you didn't submit to the dark one..."

"That's enough, whore-son. You know why I'm here..."

The creature laughed. His hood and cloak kept him from revealing any art of his body other then his mouth. His black clothing made me remember that thing I saw in that gruesome nightmare.

"You come seeking answers. The voices, what really happened in the world as it was remade... And about our gods..."

I nodded, my hand on my hilt in case anything happened.

"Sit down, have a rest. Have another fourmite go grab me a drink, I haven't drunken anything to cool my throat since you locked me in here and sealed me away."

I had someone go bring in some booze for us both as the thread necromancer stood there in his prison, still sealed but weakening. DwArfY one, Apiks, Elephant Parade, Perrin and NAV were brought forward to listen as well, as we were the only ones left alive who were able to comprehend this and make sense of it.

"I know most of your faces, but one of you bears a taint of a god much worse then the others from what I see..." He laughed as he looked right at DwArfY. "I see one that is one split into two... A husband and a wife, but without the one, the other bears the name in full... Another I see was the one that was in charge as the avatar of my master took form... And the one responsible for its downfall... Another is a prankster or a joker, but still wise in other aspects... And the last I see, other then you Highmax, is one who believes all is well and safe in these halls... When the danger itself only waits to sink its teeth into the heart of Necrothreat and her servants...

You see, all you believe in is this god Armok, and that he is a great and mighty god who dominates all you do. You seem to fail to realize he is still, a god of blood. He wishes all to die, in one way or another. It does not matter whether you live or die, as long as you spill blood, be it your own or another's, he is satisfied. But you see, undead do not bleed like you do. Neither do us Necrothreaders. Our gods, Armok and mine, are both enemies. One desires blood, the other death and life in death. You see, the gods battle constantly, but not in the way you or I would... They fight using their believers. You don't believe me? Then why are you placed here in this place and fight us? Your very purpose in life is to battle us and prove which is the better god. The dark one knows that he will win, for his servants grow in number everytime one of either of the gods' servants dies. Armok tried to do it with the dwarves but they died out long before they could do anything to stop it. Then the humans tried and failed as well. Elves still live as do the humans, but more spawn began to arrive of the dark one as he continued to warp reality to his own. Haxxors and Gamerz was just to start. The Trolls were also changed from Armok's image to something far more deadly. Some of the elder trolls yet live, but they are scarcely seen. Forgotten beasts remained, but they soon will grow under the influence of the Dark One..."

DwArfY began to shudder with every word. It was as if the very words were sinking onto her very flesh. Everyone else stood silently.

"What does this all mean then? Are we simply being used by a god for a fight he's having?"

"You fail to understand the power of the Dark One... This is no mere "fight"... This is a war of the gods... Armok gave you nothing special about your kind and nothing to help you at all. The Dark One gave us great power and might just to crush you! Your god is pathetic and weak. My allies and my god await you in that realm that you saw when you were brought back to life. That has become necrothreat when you left it. It may not have been found above ground, but deep in the earth, my allies inhabit it and use it as a sacred marking... The first major victory of many against Armok. He destroyed us all in the reshaping of the world, but the Dark One returned us as well to battle again. Do you remember the Human Threadromancer in your halls during that final battle? That was me! I reunited the two halves of Apiks. I brought Hell unto the halls of Necrothreat... And it was I you had slain many to kill..."

He laughed maniacally. We all stood silently and chills ran down my spine. I slew this man with my blade but I didn't truly kill him... How does he yet live?

"Surprised? Thought you would be... The Dark One, Ur the Undying, will slay you all and return you to his side! I sweat it!"

He laughed as the seal enveloped him completely and we couldn't hear him no longer.

"Apiks, see to it this room is sealed again..." I told him.

"Will do..."

DwArfY stood in silence, shivering. Whether it was over this or something else, I didn't want to know. I left her there as I prepared for the slaughter of these damned Gamerz...

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 14, 2013, 10:11:54 am »

I'm verry sorry, for some reason it looks like I re-uploaded the previous fort, instead of the one I worked on.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:36:21 am by Ruhn »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 14, 2013, 11:04:23 am »

I'm verry sorry, for some reason it looks like I re-uploaded the previous fort, instead of the one I worked on.

Uh oh...O_o

Nice write up, though highmax! Still find it weird being called a "she" though. I found this funny-Don't think it was intentional, but that was why it was so funny-"I sweat it!"

Also, damn ): I really thought I was married to the vampire. Oh well. Best laid plans etc. I don't suppose my new body has a hand and foot missing?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 14, 2013, 11:14:21 am »

Uh oh...O_o

Nice write up, though highmax! Still find it weird being called a "she" though. I found this funny-Don't think it was intentional, but that was why it was so funny-"I sweat it!"

Also, damn ): I really thought I was married to the vampire. Oh well. Best laid plans etc. I don't suppose my new body has a hand and foot missing?
You were married to the most likely vampire.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 14, 2013, 11:50:05 am »

You were married to a possible vampire (labeled as such) and you're still a walking mulched up body pretty much

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 14, 2013, 12:28:43 pm »

Righty oh. Pretty much sums up everyone in Necrothreat then. Beaten, battered and with the odd limb missing.

I also meant to say that you're lucky you have a military even that good. When I began there was no skill whatsoever, had to build it out of peasants and fisherforumites. Also,the male squad very nearly didn't exist...it was starting to make it look less like a Forumite's fortress and more like an Amazon's fortress
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 14, 2013, 12:41:56 pm »

Righty oh. Pretty much sums up everyone in Necrothreat then. Beaten, battered and with the odd limb missing.

I also meant to say that you're lucky you have a military even that good. When I began there was no skill whatsoever, had to build it out of peasants and fisherforumites. Also,the male squad very nearly didn't exist...it was starting to make it look less like a Forumite's fortress and more like an Amazon's fortress

With the right know-how and the right gear, we can have a force to be reckoned with. Only issue: time..

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 14, 2013, 01:01:39 pm »

Yeah, what is that know how? I always start off a fortress by pretty much conscripting everyone and training them non-stop. 200 dwaves at the minute, 120 of them military (Most marksdwarf) but they never get high skills and the melee dwarves usually die the moment an enemy even sneezes at them.

Edit: tried to take on FB. 98 military now :S
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:04:56 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 14, 2013, 04:45:26 pm »

I force them to spar and have two always sparring as soon as I embark and I got a armour stand built. Afterwards I get better gear, like iron or steel, but never bronze cause I save those for bolts and crossbows. By the time I get my first migrant wave, one is marked for the military and drafted but not activated. Then, second migrant wave I select another and use them. Then they're active and by then I got some sort of metalworking going. By the third migrant wave, I select two more and I have four decently worked military squads on non-stop training. Winter goes by without a hitch and by the time the ambushes arrive, I got a small force of decent warriors. If I'm lucky, no ambushes for the second year and more are drafted, at least tripled in size by the end of the year with a good several squads and three amazing squads of two.

The problem with necrothreat was that haxxor that broke into our base during my reign and then screwed us all over

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 121