Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438494 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #810 on: October 14, 2013, 05:49:41 pm »

If anyone is interested, I updated my previous upload with the CORRECT save file  :-[
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8032

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 14, 2013, 05:52:09 pm »

If the mediafire link is still active, could somebody please upload it to DFFD so we have a permanent copy? It won't work for me, dunno why.

If it's been deactivated, I'll reupload it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 14, 2013, 05:58:01 pm »

If anyone is interested, I updated my previous upload with the CORRECT save file  :-[
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8032

well then... I'm glad I only made it to mid summer
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 15, 2013, 11:22:03 am »

Soooo does that mean that your turn starts now and what was written before is just a sort of prequel-type thing?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 15, 2013, 11:56:32 am »

Soooo does that mean that your turn starts now and what was written before is just a sort of prequel-type thing?
If Highmax restarts I think that is the fair way to go.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 15, 2013, 12:02:45 pm »

Hold up; if its similar with only minor differences, then we can say its all true. Otherwise, if all else fails, we'll say it was simply what happened during Ruhn's reign.

I don't think the seal was fixed, and there are probably still ghosts and the vampire is still probably behind a wall somewhere.

EDIT:
Good news, I don't have to say it didn't happen. Ruhn just stabilized everything so its more manageable. Its still a big mess, but I might be able to whip us back into shape. We won't have iron barrels though...

In short:
1) I'm still worthless with a sword
2) The damn seal is open
3) DwArfY still looks like he was thrown through a wood chipper (is confirmed male, but vampire was male also :o  )
4) The chief medical dwarf is still resting (thinking about pulling the plug)
5) Vampire is still walled off
6) Still under siege
7) Still a few ghosts
8) Lots of shit either ash or burning... I love the smell or burnt corpses in the morning- *hack* *cough* Actually I don't...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:38:28 pm by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 15, 2013, 01:27:09 pm »

Wow. You know things have gone horribly wrong when you have been married to a man and haven't known it. Ah, Dwarf Fortress! The place where anything is possible... Just usually the bad things  :o
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 15, 2013, 01:46:56 pm »

Booze, coffins, and slabs on repeat got the job done eventually.  The new burial area isn't so far away, but maybe I should have fortified it with the risk of necromancers sneaking around and all.  Also, there is a spot somewhere below fort that is mostly channeled out and ready for drawbridge.

---
-Aiel don't use swords?  I forgot about your sword preference, perhaps Capt of the Guard would be the best fit after all.

2) The damn seal is open
-I didn't have time to learn the ritual to seal it.  Flaming Aes Sedai wouldn't cooperate.

-It's a traction bench, that usually takes a while.  Maybe a new "Dr" would help things along?  :o

-One new "Likely" vampire, as nominated by Elephant, is still on the loose.  I kept a carful watch but never ate, slept, or drank.

Wow. You know things have gone horribly wrong when you have been married to a man and haven't known it. Ah, Dwarf Fortress! The place where anything is possible... Just usually the bad things  :o
Don't feel so bad!  He has a beard, she has a beard, and beards are used to nurse...  I think it is fair to say that dwarven babies just "spring out of rocks" and the mother is the one who catches it and has to lug the thing around.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »

Don't feel so bad!  He has a beard, she has a beard, and beards are used to nurse...  I think it is fair to say that dwarven babies just "spring out of rocks" and the mother is the one who catches it and has to lug the thing around.

Haha, I like that  :D
Also, you forget that the Dwarven women in this fortress are actually Forumites. This makes them eight foot tall, as wide as a pillar of stone and tough as old boots. Compared to their midget male brethren, they're quite distinctive. Plus, females of any race are noticeable by their highly erratic behaviour and, in the case of dwarves, the tendency to crush goblins and use the resulting paste to paint the beard around their lips red makes them either female or the Joker.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 15, 2013, 02:42:48 pm »

Haha, I like that  :D
Also, you forget that the Dwarven women in this fortress are actually Forumites. This makes them eight foot tall, as wide as a pillar of stone and tough as old boots. Compared to their midget male brethren, they're quite distinctive. Plus, females of any race are noticeable by their highly erratic behaviour and, in the case of dwarves, the tendency to crush goblins and use the resulting paste to paint the beard around their lips red makes them either female or the Joker.

Good god...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 15, 2013, 02:46:47 pm »

Booze, coffins, and slabs on repeat got the job done eventually.  The new burial area isn't so far away, but maybe I should have fortified it with the risk of necromancers sneaking around and all.  Also, there is a spot somewhere below fort that is mostly channeled out and ready for drawbridge.

---
-Aiel don't use swords?  I forgot about your sword preference, perhaps Capt of the Guard would be the best fit after all.

2) The damn seal is open
-I didn't have time to learn the ritual to seal it.  Flaming Aes Sedai wouldn't cooperate.

-It's a traction bench, that usually takes a while.  Maybe a new "Dr" would help things along?  :o

-One new "Likely" vampire, as nominated by Elephant, is still on the loose.  I kept a carful watch but never ate, slept, or drank.

No spilers! I'm still reading book 2! And it was around since the last save, and if theres no death by draining, then she's safe (just very enduring). We'll know by the end of my turn

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 15, 2013, 03:02:54 pm »

If you're talking about the Aes Sedai? That wasn't a spoiler, merely a comment on the "magic users" not helping him.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 15, 2013, 03:20:12 pm »

If you're talking about the Aes Sedai? That wasn't a spoiler, merely a comment on the "magic users" not helping him.
Aiel, i don't know what those are yet... Just that Rand looks like one of them (i think if thats what Aielman is...)

Expect updates in a few hours

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 15, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »

Months pass. Day after day, Highmax continues to work as overseer... Except hes so busy still grabbing his gear, Perrin took over as overseer. When Highmax returned, searching high and low, Perrin had already watched a year go by. The year is now 258, and Highmax begins his true second reign of Highmax, Doofus Swords Enthusiast. Those who were there for the Threadromancer's speech kept it to themselves. Only until recently, have they begun speaking. Ghosts are few in number now. Highmax still is horrible with swords and must retrain himself in his preferred art of war. The great flames of Armok purge the fields of any life (or un-life) and the citezens of Necrothreat await the end of the purge to reclaim the surface. And they await for better skills in combat as well... Limbs still cling to the trees, hoping to escape the purge. None can escape its wrath. Only those in the halls of Necrothreat are safe. Perhaps the Threadromancer was wrong about the god of blood? Perhaps he was right, but decided another approach must be taken. Only the gods know truly. Highmax ponders on the reclaiming of the surface, the voices still there but so far away he cannot understand them or recognize them. Let the second reign of Highmax begin... Gods have mercy on us all...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 15, 2013, 04:30:28 pm »

Always a good sign when you start your turn on a succession fort with "Gods have mercy on us all"...
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 121