Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447390 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #825 on: October 15, 2013, 04:38:30 pm »

Always a good sign when you start your turn on a succession fort with "Gods have mercy on us all"...
A good 1/8th of our populace are wounded or missing limbs, you being the worst of them. Our soldiers are horrible in combat skills. The land is on fire. There are severed limbs on top of the TREES. There are three corpses on fire and taking it like champs. And we have too many god damn useless animals...

Lets just say this wasn't even close to how I left it, but its workable unlike mine was. Btw, Apiks is refourmited as a man now, with a wife who is listed as a Maiden... That explains why she's dead...

Someone crank up the work music, we've got MUCH work to do...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 15, 2013, 05:08:57 pm »

Hey, no animal is useless! *Highmax looks at me like I'm an elven hippy. I tilt my head towards the butchers workshop and wink* Like I said, not useless at all....
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 15, 2013, 05:23:00 pm »

25th of Granite, 258: The Flames Die
The fires of Armok have died down finally. I don't think anything survived that. Those things in the trees made it, but barely. Those flaming corpses are still there however. They're releasing a big smoke signal so we can tell where they are. If only I practiced with my sword more often, I could actually get those damned corpses to lie still. I'd lead every Maiden and Stone Dog out there into battle with DwArfY as my lieutenant. Yes, he's a cripple, but still skilled with his spear and wise in the knowledge of the gods. Some stories say he aided me in escaping necromancy, curing me almost. I know what happened in my mind and soul, but DwArfY dealt with my body, somehow bringing my mind and my soul back to the land of the living. And honestly, I never really told anyone about my ordeals in that nightmare. I don't think they need to know what its like when Ur claims your body and soul. It brings chills down my back just to speak his name... I can't believe the very bastard that made us fall in our old home still yet lives... Perhaps these High Lord Threadromancers are a force to be reckoned with... And that poses another question; is Ur the greatest of them all and a god amongst them or are they ALL gods and the rest just unknown to us? I pray we never find out...

I actually was thinking about talking to DwArfY, Apiks and Perrin about this thought I had... Are the other High Lord Threadromancers Gods themselves? I can only hope they aren't...

Those voices are starting to become a nuisance. They keep me awake at night and scare me sometimes. We don't have many ghosts so I have no idea what they could be. And the best part: nobody else can hear them. The others think I'm mad when I ask them about it. They thought I was crazy when I chose a sword as my weapon of choice, but now they must think I'm bat-shit insane... If I keep this up, they're gonna throw me into the jail cages thinking I've gone berserk... I'm hoping to restore order by the time I'm done this year. If all goes well, no Haxxors will show up *writing appears a little shaky towards the end*

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 15, 2013, 05:23:37 pm »

Hey, no animal is useless! *Highmax looks at me like I'm an elven hippy. I tilt my head towards the butchers workshop and wink* Like I said, not useless at all....
They're useless for everything BUT that. Which is why they're going through that as we speak ;D

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 15, 2013, 05:48:47 pm »

10th of Slate, 258: Elephant's Punishment
Had a wonderful conversation with Elephant Parade about the incident with switching my title to "Doofus". I wrote down what it went like mostly:

EP: You want me to do WHAT?

Highmax: You heard me.

EP: Isn't that dangerous?

Highmax: I'm overseer, you do as I say. Now get in there and start digging above that magma for that big deposit of gold!

EP: *grumbles*

It went pretty smoothly and I say it was well rewarded. He does dangerous crap and we get lots of gold. Its a win-win situation! Apiks decided to give him a hand with the safer side of the tunnels ((OOC: He actually came in after EP came by and dug out most of the warm stone)). We now have the forges up and running again. I also decided that we need better EVERYTHING. So I decided we're going to wipe the slate clean and make some new gear for our soldiers and rework the whole system. Military will be getting a big change in what they do, as will what we produce. Basically, if it's not helping us retake the surface or keep us alive, its not going to be done. Why did I choose to dig out gold you ask? More specifically, I'm making an expansion to the forges but there was lots of gold there to begin with. Also, I heard rumors of there being some good ores by magma, so we're going to dig about the edges after EP is done risking his neck. Also gold doesn't hurt us if we can make some extra stuff with it, right?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 15, 2013, 06:20:33 pm »

18th of Slate, 258: More Digging and Dead Cows
A cow was found dead today. I think the overcrowding of animals has taken a toll on them. Apiks has been snooping about the edges of the magma sea, sniffing out tetrahedrite and gold. We're mostly looking for iron but every little bit helps. The military has been reworked as well. We now have two "maiden" squads and one normal squad with myself an a maiden. DwArfY has been put into retirement for the military since I worry everytime we spar that if I tap him with my sword hes gonna fall apart... He's been promoted to global moderator however so he can deal with justice now, dispensing it however he chooses (I just hope without his spear). He's been given a new room, a study, and a dining room (its all really one room that we're going to smooth over eventually).

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 15, 2013, 07:06:13 pm »

13th of Felsite, 258: Discovery and Arguments
We discovered something incredible today. And I recognized every little detail of it, though I don't remember where.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was glad we found this. Its a great weapon to use against the dead. Although Perrin and I disagreed about what we should do about this...

Perrin: "Are you mad!? Are you trying to get us killed!?"

Highmax: "I don't understand?"

Perrin: "Like hell! You're actually having Elephant Parade and the other miners dig out that cursed ore!?"

Highmax: "Its a powerful weapon that can help us defeat the enemy! Can you blame me for wanting to defeat the enemy?"

Perrin: "You've been acting weird since you were unzombified. You're not even the same as what others tell me! You're a great war-leader they said! Look at you! You're talking about using a dangerous weapon to fight the thread zombies!"

Highmax: "Burn me! We're fighting a loosing war now! This may be able to turn the tide in our favor!"

Perrin: "I'd rather take my chances with Armok and the Dark One! You're insane if you think that can help us..."

He walked off rather enraged after that. I'm having the craft-forumites start extracting strands. As I told Perrin, we're fighting a loosing war... And even tohugh he might not know it, anything is better then being zombified... Even at the risk of using this cursed ore... On a better note, we got some more iron dug out for the forges, though I doubt we'll be using them much longer except for bolts maybe. Turns out we've been digging about too deep... Whoops...

((OOC: I thought the icon for tetrahedrite was hematite, so I dug around for more and when I dug it out, it said tetrahedrite, so I didn't know that was there. Not very bright, eh?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 15, 2013, 07:38:38 pm »

1st of Hemetite, 258: Summertime Changes and Discussions
I know this is going to sound insane, which whoever is reading this probably already thinks so of me with everything I wrote down in here, but I stood outside on the roof with the unused catapult battery. I watched the smoke from the east and south rise. I smelt the summer air and felt its breeze... It was relaxing. I didn't smell blood, smoke, or even rotting bodies. It was an actual summer breeze, and it was wonderful... I wanted others to come up and share this with me but they just looked at me strange. Wonderful... I called up a small meeting amongst those who remained amongst the overseers and those who remained from the old necrothreat. I told them about my ideas about the High Lord Threadnecromancers. Perrin didn't want to even look at me but came regardless. I hated using the cursed ore as well, but it was a necessary evil.

I told them about how I thought with the other High Lord Necrothreaders, being possible that there are more then Ur. Or that he may be the strongest to the point he is a god. I don't know for sure, but I think some believed one and others believed the other. I can't tell because I'm not the best with judge of intent... Maybe I'll ask them later... In the meantime, I got more swordsmanship I have to catch up on, with me loosing all my skill in it and all...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 15, 2013, 08:37:02 pm »

14th of Hemetite, 258: Vampires Discovered! Only too late...
I was walking by to apologize to perrin for what I did and was about to tell him that all the mining of the ores will cease after theyre all used up, and I found something shocking: a vampire was draining his body of blood. He was already almost fully drained by the time I saw. I quickly reacted and grabbed a plank of wood and barred the door. The vampire turned as I slammed it shut and hissed as he clawed at the door. It won't hold for long. I applogized to Perrin for what I did, locking him in there as a vampire killed him and being unable to save him. I prayed that he would forgive me in the afterlife. At least he would be spared from the curse of Undeath, since they will never find his body. I got three masons to wall it off as I began to find that damn book of sealing that we had. I looked in my room when I heard screaming from the OTHER vampire. Apparently he is possessed now... ANd that's the least of our worries... I'm still halting the harvest of the blue ore. Why do you ask? I saw a small engraving on a piece of the cursed ore... And it was the symbol of the old necrothreat... The voices sound too much clearer as I touched it also... I don't remember whos voice it was, but I know what its saying now...

You can never escape

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 15, 2013, 09:23:17 pm »

26th Malachite, 258: Laid to Rest and Ritual Book Found
We memorialized Perrin today. May his soul rest in the Valhalla that he dreamed of. May his mind always be at ease. And my his body be free of undeath...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We've come up with a compromise with the "Vampire Bitch" as we called her. She writes these strange runes on the walls and we might free her. She agreed and began at once. Jokes on her though because I found my ritual book and shes engraving the runes for the sealing spell. The vampire will never break free of her bonds as long as no one breaks the circle of runes that hold her. We'll begin once she says shes done. She doesn't seem very old for a vampire, so she might not be familiar with these rituals and spells. It worked with the threadromancer, it'll work again this time.

The other vampire just went berserk also. Well, looks like we're never lowering that wall... The cursed ore mining is finished for good. I'm placing a tomb there to prevent anyone from ever digging there. Because no one will dig up a tomb, right? ...Right? It will be for DwArfY, Apiks and myself. I also just discovered the Jerkface Elephant Parade has 42 cabinets... I don't know why...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 15, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »

10th of Limestone, 258: The Second Sealing and Plans
I've been reading that book over and over and I think I could manage to work magic myself if I tried hard enough. It reads that I can probably do this. I don't know hwy but DwArfY, Apiks, the Maidens and the Stone Dogs are all against it... I asked why and they said I'm a male doing it... I brushed off their sexism and began to look over on the sealing spell again. It worked differently since we don't have statues or the vampire in a cage... So I'm making due by dealing with this myself. I muttered the incantation, focused all my willpower and energy into the seal, and I heard screams coming from inside the walls. I must've been doing SOMETHING right. All the sudden I hear "ITS MOVING! THE BODY IS MOVING!" and I realized I'm doing the wrong incantation. I hear sounds of wood bashing bone and flesh and gasping. Then the runes on the outside began to glow blue and then the seal was placed just like before, without the silver wall of course.

After I did this, I started boasting a little that I can do magic. Then, halfway through the conversation I start vomiting and convulsing. I was literally shaking, not as violently as I was in that nightmare, but enough to notice. It was also shorter, but I got back up. I felt sick to my stomach and completely exhausted. I went to my room and rested a bit, thinking I must've overexerted myself during the sealing...

Maybe this magic thing isn't as good as I thought it would be...

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 16, 2013, 10:44:08 am »

I also just discovered the Jerkface Elephant Parade has 42 cabinets... I don't know why...
Yep, his tomb is full of them.  I guess it's good that I never built one for Perrin, since it would have gone to waste.  My own fault for never doing anything with that vampire, guess he knew that I knew.

Did you finish the lower drawbridge, or are the hatch covers the only defense against any possible visitors from the deep?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:16 am »

I also just discovered the Jerkface Elephant Parade has 42 cabinets... I don't know why...
Yep, his tomb is full of them.  I guess it's good that I never built one for Perrin, since it would have gone to waste.  My own fault for never doing anything with that vampire, guess he knew that I knew.

Did you finish the lower drawbridge, or are the hatch covers the only defense against any possible visitors from the deep?

Wait, what? :o

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 16, 2013, 12:22:54 pm »

You find a note.
Defence Work
---
Follow the stairs down: you'll see 3x3 iron hatch covers.
Further down a spot has been set aside for a drawbridge.  There are up stairs on left, down on right.  It is being setup to have doors on each side to safely lock when the bridge needs to be raised.
I haven't thought of a way to keep the forges safe if we have to close off the fortress this way.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 16, 2013, 12:26:44 pm »

You find a note.
Defence Work
---
Follow the stairs down: you'll see 3x3 iron hatch covers.
Further down a spot has been set aside for a drawbridge.  There are up stairs on left, down on right.  It is being setup to have doors on each side to safely lock when the bridge needs to be raised.
I haven't thought of a way to keep the forges safe if we have to close off the fortress this way.

*proceeds to panic* MUST FIX THIS!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 121