Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 445922 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #870 on: October 18, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »

I'd like you to write up a story about it. Highmax! Fetch those reports, would you?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 18, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

I think it went "you kicked it, you block a hit, you bite him, you latch on, he breaks the grip, repeat once, he proceeds to destroy you"

I'll get a screenshot up soon
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 18, 2013, 03:19:04 pm »

Thanks. Also, I just thought of something. Did my Forumite have any adult children? If so could I be reforumited as Th4DwArfY2. If not, then just a randomer of your choice (preferably military) as Th4DwArfY1.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 18, 2013, 03:27:42 pm »

Well, I missed a step, he proceeds to destroy you as you kick and bite it. Then he kicks your ass... Or in this case, your knee

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, looking through the engrave slab list, we have so many people who are dead, its not funny! I have a fortress I'm working on as a community/story fort and I got animal breeding problems, and the death count is nowhere near this number, and this is year 7... In my other one, its like 10 years in. I swear, this is like the valley of the shadow of death, EVERYTHING DIES!

And you had only a son and daughter DwArfY, both very young (no older then 4)

11th of Timber, 258: Child Prodigy and Mourning
((I just played an old song from my favorite game of all time that I haven't played in YEARS and its so beautiful, so if I sound sad, sorry!))
Timeless Bob just made a crown of coal... Odd.

Maybe we'll have a king wear it someday? Many are still mourning over DwArfY's death. Only I was the one to witness it, but it was disheartening. He ruled us for a time. He freed me from undeath, and I can never thank him enough for that. Even if the mental battle went on in my head, I couldn't have won if it wasn't for DwArfY defeating my body as a thread zombie. He had a different name for Ur, from what I remember him saying, but then again, he wasn't from the old home. He was from this world, not that horrible old world where many of us came from. And then it got me remembering so much... Of InsanityIncarnate, Misko, Splint, Jenny, Sprin, BFEL, Mastacheese...Only Apiks, myself and NAV remain of those from the old homes. I sat up on the catapault battery and watched that damned Yak guard that area as if it was his territory, every now and then trampling on the bodies of the maiden, the stone dog and even DwArfY. No... This cannot be how it ends for us all... To be amongst the dead, tossed about like trash... I let out a cry of war, screaming out to Armok and Ur, damning them and all gods for forsaking us all. It won't end this way... I won't let them suffer the curse of Undeath as I did. There has to be another way. I'll use that magic if I have to in order to keep us all alive, but it wont be enough to stop a war of the gods. I'll condemn myself to years in that hell of undeath if I have to so that everyone can be free of it. I want everyone to embrace the stillness of death when they die. Not the horrors I had to face.

LATER:
I'm gonna do it... I'm going to bring DwArfY one back to life... I don't care if I die in the process. I'll let the gods and demons destroy my body and soul for this, but it must be done. We NEED that one warrior of body and spirit back with us. I'm defying Armok by doing this, and we defy Ur with our existence... Does that mean all gods have deserted me? Am I doomed to face the rest of the trials in life and death without gods guiding me? No... I'll find new gods... Ones that will protect us... Ones that will shield us from Armok and Ur's war. One that will give us sanctuary from the hordes of the dead. I'll scour the world if I have to but I won't search today... No, today I bring back the one person I owe a debt to... Perhaps this will make us even? No... I can never do enough to help DwArfY... I'm taking him from Valhalla and returning him to hell on earth. He's not going to be happy, but it must be done...

MUCH LATER:
It's done... DwArfY lives yet again... I brought his soul and it claimed a dead body in our coffin rooms, and the magic returned his features and flesh... He claims he remembers nothing at all, which can be a good thing or bad thing. I heard the tale of how all the gods wept for this one man, and his brother descends into hell to return him. Only that the keeper of the dead would only allow it if all wept for him, living and dead. His brother tried hard to convince everyone to weep for him and he failed because of an enemy of his people. Unlike him, I brought back Armok's Chosen and all rejoiced. But I took him from his paradise, not from his torture... Am I wrong for doing this? Am I now trying to play god? How will Armok deal with one taken away from him? Will he claim me instead and damn me? Nothing matters now... Only victory at any price...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #874 on: October 18, 2013, 03:58:46 pm »

Wow, really liked the last bit of that highmax! Nice work.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 18, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »

Music gets my creativity pumping. Don't know how, but it does. You could say I have a soft spot for music :-[

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 18, 2013, 04:15:35 pm »

Music gets my creativity pumping. Don't know how, but it does. You could say I have a soft spot for music :-[

Music does it by releasing the horm.... which in turn.... ah, I'll let it be. Don't want to be ruining the mood now, would I? Good update. I decided to update the thread headline as well to accommodate recent happenings. This is getting more interseting by the update! Keep it up and if anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 18, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »

Music does it by releasing the horm.... which in turn.... ah, I'll let it be. Don't want to be ruining the mood now, would I? Good update. I decided to update the thread headline as well to accommodate recent happenings. This is getting more interseting by the update! Keep it up and if anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
We should have a very rare caste of Foumite where theyre able to "train" or "bond" with the courage wolves so theyre stronger if he works with them, and the caste is called Wolfbrother (because we need a WoT reference in the mod now) More updates in a bit. Expect DwArfY to write a short story about his return from death into life :P

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 18, 2013, 04:36:40 pm »

12th of Timber, 258: They Return...
We took a quick look at the caverns at a safe distance today. Blood seems to coat the halls, and something, an ancient evil most vile, has shown itself again...

The haxxor thread necromancer's laugh bellowed through the depths and laughed at us through the walls we put up...

And that's not all, his allies arrive on the surface and reanimated all the dead covering the northern fields... Its time! The ballista battery will be used! I'm glad we went inside fast enough, I doubt we could deal with another siege of the dead leigons and the haxxor thread necromancer himself. I swear, the laugh is so familiar... I cannot put my finger on it... Then I heard the voices again in my head, and they laughed as well...

They were the laughs combined of the human sealed away and the haxxor as one... Ur himself laughed at me... AT ME! I'll show them... EVERYONE! FIRE THE BALLISTAE AT WILL!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 18, 2013, 05:30:27 pm »

14th of Timber, 258: The Dreaded War Begins

Silence fell over the halls as we prepared ourselves. This is one day we must fight the enemy the best we can. Warriors prepare in case the enemy gets in. We have no skill, but we're strong together. More were drafted to make up for the fallen numbers. Siege engineers begin to man their stations, only to find more dead surrounding them and flee. The roof collapses at the gate and the bridge is lowered, letting in heads and hands. Gaul, alone, single handedly battles them and defeats them all by luring them to the traps with his cunning. Gaul finds a ranger being attacked by gamer limbs and proceeds to kill them with the maiden leader at his side. Limbs and more body parts rise in the depths, scratching at our walls and are killed by the fiends in the depths. Even they hate the dead as much as we do. The dead increase in number as they infight amongst themselves, spewing limbs and teeth across the fields. The siege engineers are spineless and cannot fire; bastards! Unfortunate dwarven merchants flee from the armies of the damned only to find themselves trapped. They flee and escape death for today. MMO Gamerz arrive on the fields of war and begin to fight the dead as well. Are none spared in this conflict? Elder Trolls join them in combat as well, fighting the dead. Lighting flies across the sky as rain falls down on us and the fields. We cannot fight them... Not here... Not like This... I call a retreat into the fortress as the other races battle. The depths continue to claw at the walls but cannot get in. More dead drop in from the ceiling of the gatehouse. Whose idea was to have a roof WITH HOLES in it!? The ranger joins in on the battle, firing bolt after bolt. The war dogs I've been secretly have trained unleash hell. A lone RTS gamer arrives battling a horde of the dead. I make a call to fall back, but it took time. We barricaded the doors and locked them. Elephant Parade and the Woody are trapped at the ballista and catapult batteries and are too afraid to get down. I'm going to lock the hatches soon.

((song changed here btw. Can you tell?)
Fingers, teeth and other limbs coat the fields now. A necrothreader's dream. If the gates ever open, it will spell doom... More fighting in the depths, but we can't tell WHAT or WHERE they're fighting. I cannot describe any better how the rest of the fighting went on, for they still battle amongst each other and we're safe in our halls of stone. The bitter war is over for now... I can only pray that its done and over with for a long time... We're not prepared to battle the legions of the dead yet... Not even next year will we be ready. We need to improve ourselves so we can defeat the now endless ranks of the dead. And to my horror, the corpse of DwArfY rises... I cry... I cry not because of sadness of the desecration of his body, but because DwArfY is here, spared from the curse of Undeath. I wish I could save the maiden and Stone Dog from it as I did DwArfY, but I cannot... I tried and failed, though too late... Their souls are amongst the damned... The Yak was slain by DwArfY's corpse though... A fitting end to the beast... We're trapped now... And I don't think we'll ever make it out alive...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 18, 2013, 06:10:55 pm »

See, now doesn't that make my death seem less pathetic, hmmm?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 18, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »

See, now doesn't that make my death seem less pathetic, hmmm?
He KILLED the flaming corpse. He wasn't on fire per say. But still, that's how I saw you facing off against it.

So tell me again why you disobeyed orders to fight it?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 18, 2013, 06:20:15 pm »

I'll have that in the write up, have it up soon...still work in progress, had to delay it a bit because of RL. Frustrating how RL gets in the way of good Dwarf Fortress time, isn't it?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 18, 2013, 06:22:32 pm »

7th of Moonstone, 258: Winter Brings the Horrors to Life...
We hear sounds in the depths again. Its not the zombies this time:

Oh boy... Other then that though, its been quiet... Eerily quiet...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 18, 2013, 06:26:16 pm »

I'll have that in the write up, have it up soon...still work in progress, had to delay it a bit because of RL. Frustrating how RL gets in the way of good Dwarf Fortress time, isn't it?
Quite, especially since I gotta hide this all the time except on weekends from my mother who hates all games with a passion ::)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 121