Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447534 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #885 on: October 18, 2013, 06:34:57 pm »

20th of Moonstone, 258: Migrants?
Our sentry saw migrants arriving. How crazy ARE these people!? I have to find them a safe place to hide from the hordes for a time... But where? And how fast can we rescue them without killing ourselves?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 18, 2013, 06:51:27 pm »

We just lost two more soldiers to disobeying the rule of "GETDAFUCKINSIDE" and "STATION"...

DwArfY, you're a horrible example. you're also avenged. If this is cleaned up, we might continue.
Had to savescum. Another threadromancer made it into our halls
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:55:45 pm by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 18, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »

Great :/ I'm a bit tired at th moment (1am) shall post my story when done tomorrow. Sorry can't write when I'm tired
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 18, 2013, 06:58:56 pm »

Also. We are now officially as long as Necrothreat I! Huzzah! 60 pages of glory each, 120 in total, each word a gem! Yes, a gem in the rough, but a gem nonetheless
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 18, 2013, 07:05:59 pm »

Also. We are now officially as long as Necrothreat I! Huzzah! 60 pages of glory each, 120 in total, each word a gem! Yes, a gem in the rough, but a gem nonetheless
Yay!

27th of Moonstone, 258: Success!
Well, we got all the migrants in. We dug an emergency tunnel and had everyone get inside as quick as they can. We  soldiers were locked up in a room though to stop "zealous revenge"... Ah well, we got more migrants and that's all that matters!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 18, 2013, 07:17:16 pm »

5th of Opal, 258: More Horrors From the Depths
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least we're safe right? ...Right?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 18, 2013, 07:31:52 pm »

20th of Opal, 258: Trade?
Remember those migrants I told you about? Well, one of them ISN'T I migrant; hes the outpost liason. He still thinks elephant parade is the overseer, so he's getting a good yelling right now. I peeked in on the conversation a bit and discovered that they were dealing with some trade. I altered it a bit to ask for swords. ALOT of swords... And steel anvils for melting along with some metal bars. Know what elephant parade wanted? Cloth... Silk cloth... Really? We need clothes, yeah, but not enough to want it THAT badly!

LATER:
They want... Armor? And Cheese? really? Ah well... I hope he can find his own way out of here...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:42:17 pm by highmax28 »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 18, 2013, 07:42:38 pm »

Remember those migrants I told you about? Well, one of them ISN'T I migrant; hes the outpost liason. He still thinks elephant parade is the overseer, so he's getting a good yelling right now. I peeked in on the conversation a bit and discovered that they were dealing with some trade. I altered it a bit to ask for swords. ALOT of swords... And steel anvils for melting along with some metal bars. Know what elephant parade wanted? Cloth... Silk cloth... Really? We need clothes, yeah, but not enough to want it THAT badly!

Instead of double-posting, try playing for a month or a season at once, while recording your journal in a text file.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 18, 2013, 07:45:53 pm »

Alright, I lied a wee bit. Said I was too tired, but head kept swimming with ideas so I couldn't get to sleep...so I just kept writing. If there are mistakes in grammar or spelling, it's only because I'm so tired. More up either tomorrow or tonight, depending on whether I drop off or not.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:27:03 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 18, 2013, 07:54:43 pm »

You might want to spoiler that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 18, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »

That's incredible... It kind of reminds me of the battle with Frej and Surtr. Frej fights him unnarmed and knows he will die, but fights anyways.... One of my favorite battles of Ragnarok, because it shows no fear for dying, which is what every warrior SHOULD be like in battle. Unafraid to die, even if the odds are heavily stacked against you.

Speaking of fights...

17th of Obsidian, 258: The Army of the Damned
The watch just ran and told me the dead begin to march a vast army against us, lead by more necrothreaders.

We won't fight this time. This time, we hide. Just as before... We will protect ourselves from the outside world and await the coming storm... We will fight when we are ready... But that is not today...

The voices are becoming unbearable now... It seemed to grow stronger since I brought back DwArfY... Its a different voice now, not like before... Perhaps Armok is trying to do the same as Ur and his minions have done? If this keeps up I'm surely going to go insane like that vampire... He's still thrashing about, trying to break free. I don't dare throw over a weapon in fear of him using it back at me. Before he was docile, now he's berserk and insane.

EDIT:
Reports are disturbing... They say that the High Lord Threadromancers are returning... What madness is this!? Just then, I knew we cannot win this if they breach us... I went to the roof and I let out that warshout to the skies, damning the gods, damning the undead, and damning the old homes and the demons that roam there. My mind was just so clear now, and all I could feel was nothing but anger and rage. The dead watched me as I stood there. Then, Something flew up and greeted me. Indeed, they have returned.

"Greetings, mortal wretch. I am the commander of this legion of the dead. You are their general or a captain at least. The Dark One gives his regards and his anger. Your people have been a thorn in our side for some time. You will fall before the year is done. I give you the chance to join us. And not as a pawn, but as a High Lord Threadromancer like myself. You already posess the ability to use magic as we do. Its all a matter of controlling it. We can help with that. Renounce your god Armok and join us amongst the armies of the Dark One. What say you?"

I stood there, facing his hooded body. I knew my choice was clear...

"I... I renounce Armok..."

"And?"

I grabbed him and stabbed him with my sword through his heart.

"And I renounce your gods as well..."

I threw him and then my rage became so overwhelming I couldn't control it. I could only see hate and fire and destruction. I let out a roar of pain and I felt something leave my body. Heat covered me as it left, but I fell to my knees, almost exhausted. I watched as the energy, in the form of a red beam shot straight up and over the fields, slamming down and unleashing a great inferno. More High Lord Threadromancers arrived and were burnt upon entering. Nothing by the inferno survived, living or undead. Suddenly, armies of the elder trolls arrived and began to fight along our side but still appearing aggressive to us. More flames scorched from the blast of the inferno. more dead arrived to reinforce the defeated undead. The flames spread quickly, enveloping all in its caress. Those touched by it would be blessed with being free of undeath. Suddenly, I felt something come over me, and then I felt a conscience that was not my own. Then, I saw a threadromancer, and drove all my thoughts to attack it. The entire legion to the south began to attack their master. I was one with the magic now. I felt the power rush through me, and everything began to go awry with their plans. Hundreds upon hundreds of dead were rising now, and the threadromancers gave it their all. I focused all of my power and energy to cause dissension amongst them so they would turn and fight each other. It worked but then I felt the magic course too much through me and I felt something get torn from my body, like something ripped something out of my chest. Flames covered the field now, and I fell unconscious, I heard only the madness of the voices and the dark void that was my mind... If I'm dead, let me stay this way... If I live, then let me awake when all is well...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:45:48 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 18, 2013, 10:37:22 pm »

1st of Felsite, 259: Awakening
I don't remember what happened, but this book explains it all. My name is Highmax, I am a Swords Enthusiast. I don't remember anything but my name, this book, and what happens next... I pray to find the answers soon... I'm apparently a leader, but that's strange...I don't know anything about leading... Its really hard to take this all in... Perhaps other books around here can assist me in remembering everything?

((Saves up, lotsa stuff on fire out there, still under siege, but lots of infighting... And no, I'm not THAT handicapped, I should be fine))
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:41:46 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 18, 2013, 10:52:50 pm »

Instead of double-posting, try playing for a month or a season at once, while recording your journal in a text file.
I just saw this... And if I leave the fourm thing open for awhile, it starts  to lag hard. And when I mean hard, I mean I can't even click the "post" button without clicking 100000 times... Trust me, its as annoying as it is for me as it is for you... And as for Microsoft wording it, I tend to loose track because I'm always doing like 4+ things at once (change a song, DF, reading stuff, checking phone, this, pokemon, etc.) so an open document won't be much help... Plus this has better spellcheck then the edition I have (surprisingly!)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 19, 2013, 01:58:46 am »

Nothing like a good old multi-siege to motivate locking the doors again.  Nice work getting those migrants inside.

5th of Opal, 258: More Horrors From the Depths
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse;

At least we're safe right? ...Right?
I hope so?  :)
The description on this FB is the best, would be too funny to see a drawing.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 19, 2013, 02:48:03 am »

That was some really good writing. Good job, Highmax28! Did a high lord Threadromancer really come, though? I thought they all died at world spawning! Heh. I love this fortress. It has so much awesomness in it.

As a side note, I'd like the next overseer to upload some more images if he could. Sure write lots but also get some pictures in. Some people might prefer it that way.

By the way, Ruhn, do you like to take a turn? Tell me so I can add  you to the list.

On the other hand, does Elephant Parade want to go along with his turn? I just put it in there but I wasn't even sure if he wanted it.

EDIT: Anybody know whereabouts the ol' good guys of Necrothreat, BFEL, Misko, NAV and the bunch went? If you're reading this, do please reply. We miss you guys.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:51:37 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 121