Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447606 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #990 on: October 26, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »

Let him come; he'll do battle against the sentient spambots! (They're in this version, right?)

Nobody to add them sadly :(
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 26, 2013, 09:28:49 pm »

Sprin's Loss
Fan fiction by Sprin

Sprin awoke in a strange room soaked in blood. A site Sprin saw more times than any soul should see, but Sprin felt more at home in this setting. He pledged himself to the medical field, he found the forumite body fascinating. How resilient it was to torment and how fragile it was to death.

Now was not the time to admire his surroundings. He remembered being attacked by a strange Fourumite. He seemed familiar but he couldn't think his name. WHO WAS HE!? Soon Sprin's question was answered as the HE stepped from the shadows.
"Who are you?" Sprin demanded "Why should I not dismember you?"

"Hahaha!" He laughed "I'm not important, what matters now is closer."

"Closer?"

"Yes Sprin, you forgot about someone when you fled Necrothreat. Can you guess who?"
Sprin pondered the question, and his blood drained from his face. Jenny! He told her to flee this place, was she still there?

"Good luck Sprin." He said and disappeared in the shadows.

Sprin ran out the blood soaked room and stumbled into his clinic. He was in Necrothreat again, that horrible place where people die and kill their family.

Sprin had to find Jenny and flee Necrothreat for her safety.
"JENNY! JENNY! WHERE ARE YOU!" Sprin cried.
Long ago before Necrothreat was founded Sprin and Jennyworked together at the clinic in the mountain homes. They were close, Jenny loved Sprin but he was too stupid to see it. He spent his time studying anatomy so he could help forumites who got injured. One day Sprin was chosen to head a new clinic in Necrothreat. He felt a strange feeling of deja vu and Jenny came with him. Little did they know the horrors that awaited them. Soon Sprin was forced to leave but Jenny wouldn't go,she couldn't leave people to fend for themselves so they parted ways. Sprin hated his decision to leave her, he lost sleep ate poorly didn't bathe. He became a mess without her.

A forumite laid in a bed on the far side of the clinic.
"You! where is Jenny?" Sprin asked
"Jenny? She died..." said the patient
No... Sprin's fears were realised... Jenny his nurse... Dead...
"WHERE'S THE BURIAL HALL? I MUST SEE HER!" Sprin yelled
"There is no cemitery, her body lays where it died."

After long search Sprin found the corpse fighting a dog's head. "No this can't be."
Sprin vowed her sacrifice won't go wasted for he will help the people of Necrothreat tell Jenny's spirit is put to rest.

"Sprin, be strong..." said a voice from the shadows "and remember she is still with you."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:51:00 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 26, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »

Guys, the mad doctor is back! Probably more angry and more chainsaw happy now...

Good to have you back my friend! Enjoy the living hell ;D
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 26, 2013, 10:26:16 pm »

That was a good story Sprin. I must know more! Who is the stranger in the shadows, I wonder? Some dark person from the histories of Necrothreat? Or maybe even Jenny herself.... :o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 27, 2013, 12:16:14 am »

That was a good story Sprin. I must know more! Who is the stranger in the shadows, I wonder? Some dark person from the histories of Necrothreat? Or maybe even Jenny herself.... :o
My assumption:

It's a hallucination of Sprin's medical teacher

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 27, 2013, 03:14:48 am »

Well I'm sure we can conclude one thing. It's a supernatural thing since I doubt that if any one of us ever escaped Necrothreat II that we'd be able to come back with Sprin.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 27, 2013, 09:56:11 am »

The little story I did was a sorta prequel. You will see Sprin go up against some pretty intense stuff come my turn. Tell then I'm gana let you wrap your minds around the mysterious forumite who is plaguing Sprin's mind.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 28, 2013, 09:37:52 am »

Any new mini-update to post, Dwarfy?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 28, 2013, 01:27:24 pm »

Er...No. I'm playing through my year, then gonna build a story round that. So it might be a few days...unless people like mini updates? I could build a story every month or two if it's better than an entire year in one?

Edit: Never mind, I like mini updates myself...Just thought a big chunk would be better than tiny bites. I've played half the year, I'll start writing from my notes on the first month or two now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:18:30 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38:31 pm »

Mini updates are best for the topic due to the fact that they generate content and discussion. So I'd roll with Mini updates since I don't really have a preference.

As a side note, will Elephant Parade be taking his turn after DwArfY's?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 28, 2013, 07:55:34 pm »

No. I just don't really feel like it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 28, 2013, 09:43:10 pm »

3rd Granite
I have a plan. The zombies outside bay for blood, the blood and meat of the living…They are so frantic they pull the rotten flesh and limbs from their own dead to satisfy their needs. But it doesn’t, and the ripped limbs rise anew and join them. Ripping, tearing. Feasting. Their howls penetrate the gates and even walls of the fortress. They penetrate my dreams, dreams which had been so blessedly peaceful before they came. But I have a plan. They will see. I will not be tormented, not when paradise was almost in my grasp! I will cleanse Necrothreat of this onslaught of the dead. I will see the fields of the fortress again populated by the living and make Fain rue the day he sent his minions to our land!

But…but first I must ready us. Too long now have we cowered in the depths and allowed our realm to be ruled by foreign forces. Too long have our weapons only pierced flesh in the arena. Too long, much too long. I must create a new squad, one which will defend the troops as they once again wet their blades with blood of the enemy in combat. Going to NAV, the beersmith in our fort, I ask him to become the leader of a group of crossbow wielding maniacs who will no doubt be in the thick of he battle, shedding blood, taking hits. I explain the honour of the position, the power to be had from it. I also explain the death rate of the military, how mutiny is common, how he will have to carry the dead of his squad back on his own shoulders. And then, I drop the worst news of all on him. I tell him of the scarcity of food, the restricted rations....and also the lack of booze. He looks at his flagon of ale. He looks at me, drunken befuddlement writ large on his face. A dim understanding dawns on him, and he looks down and then back to me again. He sputters and starts to shake, lips twisting. I am tempted to back away, for he looks like a volcano with red cheeks flaring. From his writhing lips come the first words he has said since I came in. "Well bollocks," he whispers and, blood draining from his face, faints in his chair, head lolling backwards and drool dribbling down his chin. The Light save me for doing this, but who better to command them than another lunatic?

4th Granite
I walk far into the bowels of the earth, trying to find Apiks. He is elusive, the creator of the fort. And well he should be, for many look up to him and his presence may be seen as a direct challenge to the Overseer. And yet I now seek for him. It is hard; I myself have only heard whispered tales told around roaring fires as Forumites raise tankards of ale in his honour. They say he shall one day rise from his mines and once again take control of the fort. I wish he would, in some ways…to rule is to be needed, and to be needed is to let people down. Me especially…my previous rule of Necrothreat I was a puppet, a mere tool to be used. I could barely help myself, never-mind everyone from the smallest baby to the mightiest warrior. That is my burden. I must bear it, or be crushed.

I come upon a junction in the mines, the first I have seen. Forumites rush past me in a tide, leaving a gap around me as they travel deeper towards the warm glow of the forges. They fear me. It is not only Apiks who is mentioned in their stories. They say I am a monster, a thing of the shadow. That I have hewn or killed my way to the top, that my rule is drenched in blood. They say I am a servant of ancient and fell powers; that I cannot look at sunlight without being burned. They say that I am not fit to rule. They respect Apiks. They fear me. I will show them that I am not evil, but it will take time. I will earn their respect eventually.

I turn down the dust-covered never-used path, for anyone who doesn’t want to be found goes to the deepest and least trodden area of the fortress. I follow it through many twists and turns, down towards the deep magma sea. Soon the rocks become hot to touch and gold spiders through the rock. As I travel I listen to my heart beat, a reassuring tempo which lulls me into a sort of trance. I walk to the sound of it, drifting in and out of reality and thought. Beat! Beat! Beat! I round a corner and I hear the scuff of boots on stone. Suddenly the beat stops and, startled, I open my eyes to find that I had been walking aimlessly through a maze of tunnels towards the pounding of what I had thought to be my heart. It hadn’t been, as I could now see.

Apiks, converser to Gods, seer of the future and light of ancient days when Necrothreat was but fire and grim shadows flung far and wide. When first a Forumite came to these halls, Apiks was there already. And now he stands before me, dressed in simple clothes of simple make, with no decoration and a pick in his hand. I shrug in my elaborately embroidered robes of office, ashamed to show them here in this place of practicality.

I have stood under the blows of gods and never truly worshipped or admired them. Their hands have been on my body and mind, allowing me no reprieve awake or asleep, but I didn’t break. I stayed straight, unbent. I kept my honour. But before this man I am as close as I have ever been to kneeling in the stones and mud, fancy clothes or no fancy clothes. He smiled faintly as if he understood what I was thinking then wiped the sweat from his brow. “You wish to speak to me?” he said in a gravelly voice. We speak long on matters small and big, and I explain the situation outside. I then lay down my plan. Nodding, he hefts his pick and starts grimly down his path, the path I now realise he made with his own hands. I follow, awed. Surely the gods cannot win as long as we have this man? With Forumites such as these, the gods would best be worried.

Apiks comes to the place I had told him of and he nods, eyes intent on the rock. He lifts his pick, and it seems imbued with the power of the ancients. Muscles like cord straining in his arms, he raises his pick and sinks it deep into the skin of the earth. The first part of my plan is in action. I smile and walk away, the sounds of Apiks piercing stone and soil fading behind me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just so you all know, the opinions expressed are purely about the dwarf and not the person. For example the bit where I say NAV is a maniac. This is obviously not true....er....I hope? Sorry if the writing isn't that good, it's getting kinda late. I will probably look through it in the morning and fix any grammatical mistakes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:24:11 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 28, 2013, 10:42:09 pm »

I think the only curse NAV said was "Well Bolluks" when we first arrived here. I think he's kinda looked down upon from the other originals because the fortress fell on his watch. Apiks would indeed be looked high upon for being the living legend in Necrothreat I for killing much with his/her pickaxe. Highmax kind of rallied the last of the fourmites before the siege broke, but is mixed with good and bad with magic and returning from necromancy, but also for "killing" perrin. DwArfY, yourself, probably is viewed as a lower class from the others (I thought you were absent from necrothreat I?) because you died and were revived by my magic, but I didn't revive Perrin who was probably one of the better leaders. Sprin was a little feared because of him being a mad doctor and all...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 28, 2013, 11:08:58 pm »

Oy, what's this? A bolt thrower? Why thank you Dorfy, it will look great mounted above my still.
Wait... you want me to fight, dont'ya. I've only survived this long by staying inside.
Damn. Ok. Overseer's orders, even if you are an undead abomination.
At least I won't have to get close to any zombies.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 28, 2013, 11:13:47 pm »

Oy, what's this? A bolt thrower? Why thank you Dorfy, it will look great mounted above my still.
Wait... you want me to fight, dont'ya. I've only survived this long by staying inside.
Damn. Ok. Overseer's orders, even if you are an undead abomination.
At least I won't have to get close to any zombies.
I always saw you as rather docile and panicy in your updates...

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 121