Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 448646 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2013, 04:41:11 am »

So this means that everyone from Necrothreat I is now dead. Shame. Oh well, atleast we have people to succeed us.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:28 am »

So this means that everyone from Necrothreat I is now dead. Shame. Oh well, atleast we have people to succeed us.
Its funny how death always seems to follow us evreywhere :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2013, 07:54:43 pm »

LITERALLY. IT FOLLOWS US LITERALLY.

Also this fort is surviving WITH ONE DWARF
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2013, 08:03:34 am »

I'm pretty sure he said only one named fourmite is alive, the rest are unnamed. At least thats what I got out of wqhat he said (and from what I hope)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2013, 12:10:17 am »

Oh yeah guys after I looked up some stuff on the wiki I'm pretty sure our thread zombies are officially tougher then HUSKS AND THRALLS. And they have weapons and armor.

So yeah no wonder our forts keep getting raped....also this makes everything Highmax has ever done 99% more awesome.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2013, 01:59:20 am »

I'm pretty sure he said only one named fourmite is alive, the rest are unnamed. At least thats what I got out of wqhat he said (and from what I hope)
I can confirm that there is only one named forumite alive. The other twenty-seven forumites are unnamed.
Interestingly, the one named forumite is mine...

Oh yeah guys after I looked up some stuff on the wiki I'm pretty sure our thread zombies are officially tougher then HUSKS AND THRALLS. And they have weapons and armor.

So yeah no wonder our forts keep getting raped....also this makes everything Highmax has ever done 99% more awesome.
Remember my Avatar of Armok? Who was an untrained, unarmoured forumite with a battleaxe? Who hacked about ten thread zombies into bloody giblets? ALL AT ONCE!?
So... yeah. Either thread zombies are NOT as tough as you think... or he literally was the avatar of Armok.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2013, 10:19:57 am »

I can confirm that there is only one named forumite alive. The other twenty-seven forumites are unnamed.

Remember my Avatar of Armok? Who was an untrained, unarmoured forumite with a battleaxe? Who hacked about ten thread zombies into bloody giblets? ALL AT ONCE!?
So... yeah. Either thread zombies are NOT as tough as you think... or he literally was the avatar of Armok.
Have you seen what happened at necrothreat I? The thread zombies DESTROYED us

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2013, 12:28:27 pm »

Actually... uh... what destroyed us was a living head. But I guess that counts as a thread zombie too. 'Nuff said.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2013, 04:27:26 pm »

Evidence to support Option B continues to accrue at an alarming rate.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2013, 06:39:17 pm »

UPDATE IN 5 NINUTES,
COMPLETLY UNRELATED SIDENOTE:
Did upou know armed skeletal zombies are gods? Its true!

So you're telling me that Armok is an Armed Skeletal Zombie?
Look, All i'm saying is it should not take 5 military dwarves 66 pages to kill something. and on that note:
6th of Obsidian:Uh oh, The strange mooder decided he doidn't have enough of something, and is currently obtaining tooth. From forum faces.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He starts off by attempting to borrow a few from the surgeon, though the surgeon dodged him until someone arrived. The first on the seen was a military recruit. He beat the little beast and was doing pretty well until the marksforumite shot him in the leg. Armor, we need armor.

Geez, U mad bro? A hammerforumite sees this exchange, rushes at the guy, and beats him with the hammer till he dies.

Now with that unpleasant out of the way, I must admit diary, I feel sicker and sicker. If I continue like this, I may die. If I do, be aware my sister will take over for the duration of my term. A fine lass she is, just arrived in the recent migrant wave. she'll keep it alive till its time.

FUCK YOU GHOSTS. BACK TO YOUR MAKER.

I have grown weary of the ambush. they do not leave, and The dwarven caravan must leave soon. I resolve to open the fort up, knowing I may doom it. Theres only 3 of them left though, and theres like 30 of us.

The first person out of the gate is a marksdwarf not where he should be. He rushes a swordsmen into the last cage trap and follows a axeman, getting beaten in the process.

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

This doesn't make sense. Why is anything bouncing off leather. We need more leather armor, it seems.

the marksdwarf is run off after suffering several injuries. He is chased everywhere by the axezombie. A marksdwarf follows them and substitues himself for a while in fighting him unitl a milita captian shoes up. Frankly, I'm worried by the fact it dodged so many attacks. This was counter-balanced by the weight of their armor, which slowed them enough that the forumites got the largest majority of the attacks.

Right as the miltia commander earns his hammering "wings" so to speak, he is injured. which slows him down enough so that the axe man can strike back, which he does quickly and elegantly. At this point though, highmax arrives, and swiftly dismembers the beast.

Another one joins in the brawl, and the injured frind wakes up.

The fight goes on forever. the dwarves are incapable of killing them, but injure them more and mroe heavily, while they does so in kind. After the highmax had cut off 2 legs, 1 hand, and a arm, and the creature was still up and injuring, the drew on. Eventually the creature smashes its shield (its sword had been lost) against highmax's head, knocking him out. The fight rages on for days, months, until, finally, a hammerdwarf succeds in crushing the remaining ones skull. The results of this incodent show me several things:
1. Fights with these creatures can and do go up as long as 66 pages.
2. 66 page long reports aer very heavy, and will crush your desk.
3. These creatures cna be killed by any method other then bleeding.
4. It is very very hard to kill them, and they are highly trained.
5. If this been a actual engagement we'd all be dead.

Need I say more?

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2013, 12:17:23 am »

I kicked ass nonetheless 8)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2013, 04:24:19 pm »

I kicked ass nonetheless 8)

Yeah and even in YOUR first engagement with them, one knocked you out with its SHIELD

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2013, 03:41:15 am »

Leaving aside all of the awesome things we did in Necrothreat I, how is the state of Necrothreat II, InsanityIncarnate? Ya still working on it? Are we even still alive? If you don't really feel like playing it anymore or finishing it, you can give the savegame to the next person in line if you so wish.

Also, BFEL, how's the modding going? Have you done any snazzy things?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »

Leaving aside all of the awesome things we did in Necrothreat I, how is the state of Necrothreat II, InsanityIncarnate? Ya still working on it? Are we even still alive? If you don't really feel like playing it anymore or finishing it, you can give the savegame to the next person in line if you so wish.

Also, BFEL, how's the modding going? Have you done any snazzy things?

...I have added fuck-all....because I came down with a case of lazy. I'll go download the thing sometime...
I know what I want to add, but it seems like so much work right now, and I like to mod when it feels !!FUN!!

So yeah hopefully the fort is going better then that :P

And I just now decided to show what I want to do with the mod:

1. Fix the damned High Lords. They should NOT be dying in worldgen like that.
2. Rename [METAL] bars as [METAL] box of scraps. Because IN A CAVE, WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!
3. Add Bears WITH GUNS! Also making them Common Domestic (you can embark with them as pets) Unfortunately that means I have to scrap Apiks AK items and build the damn guns into the bears Creature File (otherwise we would have dwarfs forumites with guns, and bears with swords or something. Basically gonna give bears a bodypart by their paws that acts like a bone, but doesnt cause pain, or bleed, or generally do anything that would result in life-threatening injuries. Then I have to make an interaction of Material Emission that comes from that part.

Also need to learn how to do bodyparts and interactions. FUCK

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2013, 03:19:16 pm »

The fortress is alive and well. Relatively.

Me? Not so much. I was away for the past three or four days (I don't actually remember) and I'm very, very tired. There are lots of things I need to catch up on, so Necrothreat may have to wait a bit. I would like to be able to finish my turn, but if people don't want to wait for my intermittent and brief updates, I'll toss the file onto DFFD and the next person can take over.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 121