Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438543 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »

The fortress is alive and well. Relatively.

Me? Not so much. I was away for the past three or four days (I don't actually remember) and I'm very, very tired. There are lots of things I need to catch up on, so Necrothreat may have to wait a bit. I would like to be able to finish my turn, but if people don't want to wait for my intermittent and brief updates, I'll toss the file onto DFFD and the next person can take over.
I'm fine with waiting, my turn is done and I started the !!!FUN!!! :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2013, 09:54:22 am »

Go ahead, take your time. Your turn's been pretty awesome so far.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2013, 05:27:57 pm »

I will allow it only so long as your updates involve turning dwarves into night creatures.
I...have a bit of a fetish don't I?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:34 am »

I will allow it only so long as your updates involve turning dwarves into night creatures.
Yes, yes you do.

Anyway, I'll post something tomorrow probably.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2013, 08:05:15 am »

You must... Too much twilight? :P

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2013, 08:17:48 am »

You must... Too much twilight? :P

Nah, I just like the potential for superdwarves that they give :P

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:28 am »

Nah, I just like the potential for superdwarves that they give :P
Theyre quite killable... But they make one helluva story :P I swear though, as soon as I saw the werebeast (was it a coyote? i forget already) and wanted to make all our military fourmites blessed by it (cause only military fourmites can handle the badassness of a badass werebeast! It still wouldve been awesome if it was werebears, that wouldve screwed everyone up!)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2013, 11:32:52 am »

what if it was werebears...WITH GUNS?
DUN DUN DUN

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2013, 08:02:47 am »

DUN DUN DUN
In my opinion, guns make the game less fun cause a gun can kill anything easily. What would be more badass is a werebear with armor grafts and a fourmite rider... Armed with spikes and the fourmite with an axe in each hand 8)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2013, 09:37:48 am »

DUN DUN DUN
In my opinion, guns make the game less fun cause a gun can kill anything easily. What would be more badass is a werebear with armor grafts and a fourmite rider... Armed with spikes and the fourmite with an axe in each hand 8)

Easy you say? So you're telling us that adding guns will make us too OP against thread zombies which we can 'easily' beat with no problem? I dare you to say so. I double dare you. Including the threadnomancers, I don't even want to think of us becoming OP.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2013, 02:13:43 am »

DUN DUN DUN

Easy you say? So you're telling us that adding guns will make us too OP against thread zombies which we can 'easily' beat with no problem? I dare you to say so. I double dare you. Including the threadnomancers, I don't even want to think of us becoming OP.
Speaking of OP, my updating skills are definitely... not.

Anyway, Endok Dègled has claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop. I bet it's going to be an artifact crown.

Dwarves are tantruming, the new stockpiles are *slowly* being dug out, and I desperately want to know why the troll who attacked earlier is labelled as Caged (Friendly).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:15 am »

that poor troll was just defending himself against those scary beard-midgets.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2013, 11:03:28 am »

DUN DUN DUN

Anyway, Endok Dègled has claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop. I bet it's going to be an artifact crown.

Dwarves are tantruming, the new stockpiles are *slowly* being dug out, and I desperately want to know why the troll who attacked earlier is labelled as Caged (Friendly).
Mustve killed a thread zombie because as the saying goes: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". ANd this is true for DF, especially when goblins team up with you to kill a FB (i read that somewhere on here, but cant remember the thread name...)

DUN DUN DUN

As for you apiks, if we have guns, its not fair because te zombies dont. So if we get guns, to make it fair, zombies get guns too... Making the game so stupidly funny, I doubt any of us can handle it... I know when I see a thread zombie with a machine gun, I'm throwing my arms up and screaming "I SURRENDER!!!!". Theres a reason why zombies are deemed unintellegent and incapable of using most weapons, but HAND THEM GUNS, and we have an army of decaying zombies where THEIR BODY PARTS CAN FIRE GUNS AT US. And also wheres the fun in beating the crap out of zombies? We'd pretty much insta kill them

***IN A NUTSHELL***
Guns make any medieval based game not fun in MANY ways

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2013, 01:31:33 pm »

DUN DUN DUN

Mustve killed a thread zombie because as the saying goes: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". ANd this is true for DF, especially when goblins team up with you to kill a FB (i read that somewhere on here, but cant remember the thread name...)

DUN DUN DUN

As for you apiks, if we have guns, its not fair because te zombies dont. So if we get guns, to make it fair, zombies get guns too... Making the game so stupidly funny, I doubt any of us can handle it... I know when I see a thread zombie with a machine gun, I'm throwing my arms up and screaming "I SURRENDER!!!!". Theres a reason why zombies are deemed unintellegent and incapable of using most weapons, but HAND THEM GUNS, and we have an army of decaying zombies where THEIR BODY PARTS CAN FIRE GUNS AT US. And also wheres the fun in beating the crap out of zombies? We'd pretty much insta kill them

***IN A NUTSHELL***
Guns make any medieval based game not fun in MANY ways

Guns cannot be as overpowered, they will be balanced in some ways. Obviously by either slowing down the rate of fire (but faster than bows and crossbows), lowering damage or something. They don't have to be realistic guns. We NEED something to fight against the invading army. At the moment we stand at the very hard point of doing so with swords and spams which cannot help us a great deal. We will not be as OP as one might think. Maybe for vanilla creatures but not for modded ones.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »

Those are some large amounts of quote blocks in your guy's replys.

Personally, I don't really want guns, I don't think it fits the mod very well.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 121