Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447556 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #525 on: September 03, 2013, 05:09:02 pm »

Did you PM him?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 03, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »

Of course I did! I PM everybody always since that sends out an automatic email message if they haven't disabled it.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 05, 2013, 06:59:54 am »

'Tis a great shame. Ruhn hasn't responded nor has he been on Bay12 since the 30th of August. I give folks 2 days to reply after I send them their messages and he hasn't. Well then. It's time for Th4DwArfY1. We're finally getting to the more latest of people so I'm hoping that they will actually play. Also, I think I'll start requesting overseers right about now so feel free to join in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:39:30 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 05, 2013, 09:58:07 am »

'Tis a great shame. Ruhn hasn't responded nor has he been on Bay12 since the 30th of August. I give folks 2 days to reply after I send them their messages and he hasn't. Well then. It's time for Th4DwArfY1. We're finally getting to the more latest of people so I'm hoping that they will actually play. Also, I think I'll start requesting overseers right about now so feel free to join in.
I just hope we don't go through rotation again...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 05, 2013, 09:59:34 am »

I just hope we don't go through rotation again...

If that does happen, we'll just skip the ones that are in the red.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 05, 2013, 11:20:34 am »

Ok, downloading now.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 05, 2013, 12:39:49 pm »

Great! Term is starting from now! Take the stage, Th4DwArfY1.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 05, 2013, 12:47:22 pm »

Take care not to die from the hands!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 05, 2013, 02:49:25 pm »

You gotta hand it to them though, they can be quite handy when they want to be. Sometimes they even lend a hand.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 05, 2013, 03:05:56 pm »

Errr....everytime I try to play the save DF crashes....Anyone know what I should do? I've never had this problem before :/

Edit: It actually lets me onto the save but then when I try to move (press the arrow keys or resume) it crashes
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:09:10 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 05, 2013, 06:21:21 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7960

Try this. I re-uploaded it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 06, 2013, 10:13:01 am »

Sorry about that, was out of town for the long weekend and then got sick.
I'll go back on the waiting list if you wish.

PS - we can survive!  forumites unite!  go DwArfY!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 06, 2013, 03:08:11 pm »

1st of Granite
So. This is all that has been left to me. Dirt and grime clog the corridors and the wind whistles emptily through the rooms. The only other sounds to be heard are the roars of the Minotaur outside…and I would rather not hear that. Well, NAV said that he wanted to concentrate on “Beer Smithing,” whatever that is. This would be all fine and well, except for the fact that this has left us without a leader. The rather annoying solution to this was for NAV to bestow the rather dubious honour upon whoever he first passed in the hall. Why did I have to leave the mines for that drink…
Well. I did, and now I am in charge of this hell hole. But to work now; the first thing on my depressingly long list is to stop the endless battering of our chief medical dwarf by the resident unfriendly Minotaur. So, drafting some dwarves, I prepare them for a noble charge. I’ll admit that I know little of military matters, being a lowly miner, but a charge is ALWAYS noble. Right? Even in Necrothreat, it HAS to be. The bards can’t all be wrong, now can they?

The noble charge ensues and… Well, we meet some Trolls. Blood sprays, they get through the traps and two die. The door is blocked open by knives and clothes. NAV valiantly attacked the Trolls and drove two of them into cage traps. His spine was broken and bruised, but he lives.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a sobering moment for me as I look up from my mad dash in doors. His sacrifice steeled my determination and, realising that with the door wedged open we would have no hope, I ordered an entire fortress attack. As 20 dwarves came pouring into the trap area, I turn and face the trolls. I. Will. Stand.

Like a vengeful horde we crash upon the trolls, wiping them from their miserable existences.
Buoyed by our success, I order the advance upon the Minotaur who was still futilely bashing at the medical dwarves head. Pathetic beast! Does it not know that a dwarves skull is thicker than his brain.

No matter. As we, the few dwarves remaining of 34 not children or unconscious, charge I notice what the chief medical doctor was being beaten upon. Underneath his bruised and bloated body lay…lay Jenny, dead. No more will the dwarves be so eager to rush to hospital for stitches administered by her fair hand. No more. Rage in my heart, I flung myself at the enemy, pick reaching for Minotaur blood. But alas, it was not my blade which tasted blood that day, but the mace of our broker:

No casualties in fighting the Minotaur. It was not bright and through its efforts to kill the chief medical dwarf had grown exhausted.
The chief medical dwarf was brought to the hospital where it was watched over by the vacant and murder-driven
Through the bars of the cage.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:17:25 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 06, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »

Well ain't this just fabulous? Highmax28, I knew you were many things but I didn't know that you were a stalker. Good job on getting rid of those pests btw, Th4DwArfY1. Keep it up! I hope there's a lot more to come soon!
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 06, 2013, 05:20:44 pm »

Hey, just because my corpse got up and stalked people, doesn't mean I actually do... Which I do sometimes... Almost all the time... Always... :-\

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 121