Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447566 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #840 on: October 16, 2013, 06:23:48 pm »

If anybody's wondering about the cabinets, it's because I accidentally left Make Stone Cabinets on repeat and ended up with ~60 of them.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 16, 2013, 06:59:28 pm »

Understandable, but why doesn't everyone have one?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 16, 2013, 07:05:12 pm »

...What? Did I miss some rooms? Huh. I gave a bunch of rooms cabinets and chests.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 16, 2013, 07:07:34 pm »

...What? Did I miss some rooms? Huh. I gave a bunch of rooms cabinets and chests.
Some rooms are missing cabinets, but mind you they're smaller and kinda hidden

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 16, 2013, 08:35:56 pm »

27th of Limestone, 258: Infighting Amongst the Dead?
We just had reports of the dead fighting amongst each other and a yak corpse coming out on top... Strange... There are now 5 corpses that we can see out there, and no more smoke. Maybe if I can find a way to let us soldiers outside, we MAY be able to retake the surface! This is wonderful news!

Meanwhile, the tombs aregetting smoothed over and looking a little abstract. Its for the best, because I don't want to find any more of the cursed ore, and I don't want ANYONE digging out anymore. I swear by the gods, I'll skin ANYONE alive if I find someone digging there! That symbol of old necrothreat on the ore is a bad omen, and can only mean horrors beyond our recognition await us. Thankfully all the ore is drained and I can't find anymore. Much is getting smoothed out. Eventually it will be engraved and I'll try to have a warding spell placed down. That way no one will be hurt... I haven't tried using the magic again, speaking of which. I don't think I want to if I'm going to get sick again like before...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 16, 2013, 08:57:37 pm »

3rd of Sandstone, 258: Delays and Confusion
Well, theres one lever by the gates and two bridges. Either I can start pulling it and hope it doesn't fire an orbital magma cannon or ask previous overseers which lever opens the gates. I'm hoping we can take the battle to the enemy, especially since its a yak, a haxxor that's overcooked, and the rest are limbs clinging to trees. Unless the flames of armok come again, we should be able to hold out against the enemy if we can stand together as one unit. A spear wall would be the best tactic if we could get everyone to smarten up, but I doubt that would happen. And me bring only a novice with my blade doesn't do me any justice... I swear, I would destroy entire armies of trolls back in the old home. But here? No, I'm stuck with a great skill with the spear for some reason... Anyway, I found this note and found it was nothing to be worried about. We're safe from the caverns, so we should be alright.

((OOC: What lever opens the gates guys? I think we can take two corpses!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 16, 2013, 11:24:38 pm »

This is moving faster than I can react. I have no idea which lever opens what though.

On the other hand, I will very soon update the main post and get around to making a topic in the mod section for Teh LOLmod, so stay tuned for that!

Also, 1 more vote left in the Hall of Fame for Necrothreat to be admitted. We got a month and a half, so if you want us in there, be sure to vote.

May the Maker's blessing be with you.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 17, 2013, 12:04:53 am »

This is moving faster than I can react. I have no idea which lever opens what though.

On the other hand, I will very soon update the main post and get around to making a topic in the mod section for Teh LOLmod, so stay tuned for that!

Also, 1 more vote left in the Hall of Fame for Necrothreat to be admitted. We got a month and a half, so if you want us in there, be sure to vote.

May the Maker's blessing be with you.

Allfather help us all as well... I don't want to pull any levers and screw myself over. As far as I know, we have a lever that just blows up the fortress

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 17, 2013, 08:29:07 am »

No worries, there are a bunch of levers in the teardrop-shaped dining hall.  Someone was nice enough to put (N)otes on them all.

I don't know what the lever right there next to the drawbridges does?

Some of the smaller rooms were overflowing with clothes, so i dug out a square and added cabinate.  As you can see we are still short on doors.

I might ask for my (4th? 5th?) forumite if a migration wave arrives safely.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 17, 2013, 11:43:29 am »

I made the drawbridges and the levers in the hall, as well as labelling them. As far as I know, there wasn't any other form of stopping enemies other than the cage traps. I think I was the first Forumite who even considered "Turtling" the fort, so there's an explanation for the high death rates then and relatively more stable population now. As a side note, I'd like to ask any future overseers to leave notes-personally, I can't work without them  :)

Also, that lever beside the gates I think, stress on the think, has something to do with the water trap above the Depot, so if I were you I'd leave it alone, lol
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 17, 2013, 12:03:14 pm »

I made the drawbridges and the levers in the hall, as well as labelling them. As far as I know, there wasn't any other form of stopping enemies other than the cage traps. I think I was the first Forumite who even considered "Turtling" the fort, so there's an explanation for the high death rates then and relatively more stable population now. As a side note, I'd like to ask any future overseers to leave notes-personally, I can't work without them  :)

Also, that lever beside the gates I think, stress on the think, has something to do with the water trap above the Depot, so if I were you I'd leave it alone, lol
YOU MEAN THIS ONE!? *pulls it* oh shit...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:31 pm »

I think you mean "OH, WATER!!!"
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 17, 2013, 12:53:25 pm »

I think you mean "OH, WATER!!!"
With the amount of shit probably stuck in it (I haven't looked but I think I see where the source is) theres plenty of shit coming out also... Like corpses and blood and gear, and etc.... I never used pumps so I don't know what it brings up

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 17, 2013, 01:10:33 pm »

Pumps technically change magma or water on one side to 7s and then deposits it on the other
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 17, 2013, 01:12:51 pm »

We're set! The main post has been updated to accomodate the latest happenings. I've added Highmax's prologue as a part of the [Interspace] turn (hurrah for Interspace!). Go wild, folks!

Also, now would be the best time to tell me if you want to have a go at the new cycle. Be sure to tell me! I've added a few people but I might've missed somebody.

And as a finalle to this post, I am glad to announce that Teh LOLmod has been released to the public on the modding forum! Be sure to go check that out and comment, as well as support!

Teh LOLmod

EDIT: Say, Highmax26, is there anybody in Necrothreat II that is worthy of admission to the Necrothreat Hall of Fame? Nobody has been admitted into it since Necrothreat I so I thought we might spice it up. Who uptill now do you believe is worthy of a spot?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:17:09 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 121