Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 445895 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #855 on: October 17, 2013, 06:00:48 pm »

Nothing I know of so far, I'll have to look...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 18, 2013, 07:48:19 am »

Heres some dwarves for recognition:
"Apiks" Rimtarvabok for killing a fourmite vampire in 255
Solon Lavenkol, Maiden for killing a crap ton of things in the Belted Jungle WHILE missing a leg (139 total kills. Most of them appear to be animal men)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 18, 2013, 08:59:47 am »

15th of Sandstone, 258: The Breeze of Freedom
Us soldiers stand guard at the raised gates. Its been years since we locked ourselves down here. Today, the enemy is gone, and we take what is ours. There are few zombies seen, and we're grateful of that. There was a haxxor corpse lying about, but I can no longer see it. The gates open once again, and we march outside. We're hit with a strong breeze of fresh air. The cool autumn air embraces us all as we stand by the gates. There was ash everywhere and corpses greeted our eyes... But it was freedom at last from the depths. We tasted freedom and salvation now. I can only hope we can survive out here for a long time... Our only enemy at this time are the tree hugging corpses and a yak corpse that killed all the other zombies around it. Perhaps dissention amongst the zombies is our greatest weapon...

EDIT:
One idiot charged the yak. It proceeded to gore his face off... Lets keep away from him, shall we?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:03:39 am by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 18, 2013, 09:10:48 am »

18th of Sandstone, 258: Child Prodigy?
TImless Bob, Lucky Blighter, withdraws from society... Odd... And we're still watching the gate, making sure everything is all right. Everything seems in order. After awhile, we'll get to work on protecting our borders better... Specifically, relocating the ballista and catapault battery.

EDIT:
Another idiot ran out and charged the yak, now known as Cutstandards. He proceeded to block every shot... Until the Yak corpse proceeded to bust both of his kneecaps... WHAT KIND OF ARMY ARE WE RUNNING HERE!? I'm debating on hiding back inside from the yak ALONE!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:15:38 am by highmax28 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 18, 2013, 10:57:44 am »

the tree hugging corpses

Wow, I didn't know those were elven limbs  :D

Seems to be a trait of Necrothreat though. If it isn't head, it's limbs. Now all we need is a torso and we're well on our way to creating our very own Frankenstein's Monster!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 18, 2013, 11:09:53 am »

the tree hugging corpses

Wow, I didn't know those were elven limbs  :D

Seems to be a trait of Necrothreat though. If it isn't head, it's limbs. Now all we need is a torso and we're well on our way to creating our very own Frankenstein's Monster!

I think the Yak alone is a monster itself. Two fourmites killed and almost killed a child. The maiden who went after the Yak the second time was a skilled spearfourmite and lost horribly with both of his knees taken out. He dodged quite a bit. I think if we have guys on non-stop training for a few years with solid armor (not the old setup with no extra clothing! Shame on you all!) and a few cloaks and we could have a force to be reckoned with!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 18, 2013, 11:43:05 am »

Well, Highmax died and his refourmited self died as well... WHAT IS WRONG WITH US!?!?!?! Sorry, but I'm savescumming to the last post (where two are dkilled by yak)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 18, 2013, 12:10:58 pm »

If that yak zombie was fighting constantly for the last year+ and came out king of the hill... yeah we have something to worry about.  Add him to the hall of fame.

All the crossbowers were wiped out before my turn started.  With recent events, maybe it is time to found a replacement squad?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:13:03 pm by Ruhn »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 18, 2013, 12:12:06 pm »

And lo, the truth of the ages has reared its head. Highmax must now seek the ultimate truth which has eluded him despite his relentless tenacity in trying to find it- Thou shalt not open the doors of Necrothreat, for once that which is twisted and ungodly has seen inside those many-hued halls, their lust over powers them and no force of dwarf, forumite, human or elf shall stand in the way of their legions.

In other words, you probably shouldn't have opened those gates, highmax  :)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 18, 2013, 12:13:17 pm »

11th Timber, 258: Another Victim of the Yak
We're all back inside. We weren't ready for the topside yet. I did a headcount afterwards and then heard sounds of battle. I ran to the top of the catapault battery and watched DwArfY fight the Yak in single combat. It was a loosing battle, but he fought valiantly. I watched as he kicked and stabbed at the beast with his spear, but to no avail. The beast bashed DwArfY's skull with his horn and decapitated the valiant dwarf. I knew he suffered much, and today he joins the others in the great beer hall in the sky... Where battles are fought equally, and his wounds will be healed of all of his wounds...

We held a bodiless funeral in our halls... He was a great warrior and perfect with his art. His spear work was great and I could never best him myself. He was under torment of the great war of the gods, but kept strong. He was held hostage by a vampire and stayed alive through all the torture. Even though he didn't share the pain of me in Undeath, he suffered pain of his own under Armok's command. My faith my wane for all the gods, but DwArfY was a servant of Armok and held strong despite the endless torment of the god of blood. Death smiled its grin upon him today, but none can sav him if he suffers the curse of Undeath as I did. If I have to, I will end his curse. I wish I could go back and fix it all... EWven if I used my magic, what good can that do? I canno change what has been done, only what will happen now...

Starting today, I;m enlisting many into the army. We shall create a force of soldiers far greater and stronger then ever heard of before. We will fight the last battle against the dead, and we'll take the battle to them. But today, we wait, and we train. All will know the bravery of DwArfY how he held off Cutstandards single handedly, despite his broken body...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 18, 2013, 12:14:00 pm »

And lo, the truth of the ages has reared its head. Highmax must now seek the ultimate truth which has eluded him despite his relentless tenacity in trying to find it- Thou shalt not open the doors of Necrothreat, for once that which is twisted and ungodly has seen inside those many-hued halls, their lust over powers them and no force of dwarf, forumite, human or elf shall stand in the way of their legions.

Says the one who foolishly ran up to the Yak during a burrow order AND a station order

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 18, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »

lol

Starting today, I;m enlisting many into the army. We shall create a force of soldiers far greater and stronger then ever heard of before. We will fight the last battle against the dead, and we'll take the battle to them. But today, we wait, and we train. All will know the bravery of DwArfY how he held off Cutstandards single handedly, despite his broken body...
YES!!!
Onward to the last battle!  Let us dance with the "Yak of the Shadows"!

Depending on who is available, please forumite me as either:
male= EZE
female = Joan
Job/weapon/etc don't matter.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 18, 2013, 01:58:29 pm »

So, let me get this straight. I have been the play-thing of gods and their vampire servants, I have led the unwashed masses into a new age of splendour and military accomplishment. I have died, and risen again. The power of flame and sword, of divine wrath itself, was not enough to stop me. I have battled zombies, had their grasping hands inches from my neck and still come out on top. My influence helped to purge the spirits of the undead from the halls of the fortress and returned a fellow being back into the halls of life. I spat in the eye of Armok himself!
All that, I have done. I have seen the rise and fall of many suns and moons, the turning of the world and one season blending into another in a dizzying blend. And it all ends in a muddy field with a bloody yak goring me. In true Necrothreat spirit, what a Troll
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 18, 2013, 02:09:37 pm »

So, let me get this straight. I have been the play-thing of gods and their vampire servants, I have led the unwashed masses into a new age of splendour and military accomplishment. I have died, and risen again. The power of flame and sword, of divine wrath itself, was not enough to stop me. I have battled zombies, had their grasping hands inches from my neck and still come out on top. My influence helped to purge the spirits of the undead from the halls of the fortress and returned a fellow being back into the halls of life. I spat in the eye of Armok himself!
All that, I have done. I have seen the rise and fall of many suns and moons, the turning of the world and one season blending into another in a dizzying blend. And it all ends in a muddy field with a bloody yak goring me. In true Necrothreat spirit, what a Troll

This post made me laugh more than it should've. Oh how ironic it really is. I suppose that's Necrothreat for you!

EDIT: I've added the Zombie Yak (Cutstandards) in the Necrothreat Hall of Fame. This was too much to pass on.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:15:01 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 18, 2013, 02:26:43 pm »

Well, it was inevitable really. The game makes heroes and then crushes them in the most humiliating way possible :)

Does anyone want me to write about my death at the hands (hoofs?) of the yak? If so I'd like the combat report if you don't mind highmax, also a reforumite too. Thanks. Plus,

Says the one who foolishly ran up to the Yak during a burrow order AND a station order
Ha, er...yea, I think the better man won there, well played highmax. Well played.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 121