Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438455 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #1050 on: November 02, 2013, 08:09:44 pm »

I'm board would people like me to start the story now?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 02, 2013, 09:40:19 pm »

err sure. If it conflicts with what I'm writing I can probably change it still, so I suggest you do.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 05, 2013, 04:37:19 pm »

14th Felsite
I see now…I see. The haze which had covered my mind since the attack on my legs has cleared, and the thing which I had caught a glimpse of in the thoughts of Armok is revealed to me. I have followed the strings of the puppeteer…and now I know where they lead. The lairs of his minions are revealed to me! I sit still in the hospital bed I was dragged to, but now I see beyond its drab walls…my mind follows the strings…follows to a place of black stone and icy glass. I struggle, my body trying to fit through the eye of the needle. Pushing…pushing…There! My body goes from my hospital bed and reappears in that land of glass and stone monoliths. A castle of deepest black surrounds me. Down the middle of the hall I stand in runs a carpet of deepest red. Blood red. The colours of Armok, black and red. I grin. The secrets of Armok’s travel are now mine!

I walk through the halls of Armok’s land, looking for something to talk to. Doors of ebony slam open and shut of their own accord. Looking into one of the rooms I see chains of midnight black hanging from an unimaginably high ceiling and, draped on them, the figures of humans and dwarves, elves and kobolds, fighting, pushing…dying. The bones and corpses of the fallen litter the ruby-red ground. Another reveals a pool of tar and screaming faces stretching through it to the low-slung ceiling before the door slams shut with a crash. After that I stop looking and focus on my goal. A door of vermillion stands at the end of the corridor, the ebony doors dwarfed by its immensity.

By the time I reach those doors my back aches and I can no longer feel my legs. A trail of blood from my reopened wounds follows me before it is absorbed by the carpet. I try not to think of it as the castle drinking my blood…I don’t think I could stand another servant of Armok… sipping… drinking… Light! The doors loom before me. With one gauntlet clad fist I knock on it, using what strength I have left. No answer. With a grunt, I ram my shoulder against it and shoving, pushing and heaving I force it open to the sound of groaning wood.

I stand now in a hall of midnight. No other splash of colour paints it except black. Rows of wooden pillars stained dark march in rows down the side, standing on floors of black marble. Benches and chairs of the same wood as the pillars sit in silent rows as if waiting. Paying them no heed, I walk in further. On my third step a grinding noise echoes in the chamber and a door opens from the rock. I stare in surprise as a single file of black-and-red robed figures walk in and sit down. A single chair remains at the end and, inching forward, I sit in it. As one they lower their hoods to reveal red, staring eyes set deep in green-skinned gaunt faces. Goblins. Supressing my disgust, I stand and speak to them, the fools who believe me to be a messenger of Armok. When I am done they nod and stand, shuffling out. I imagine home, follow the puppeteers strings…squeeze…

15th Felsite
Timeless Bob came to me in the night and told me to go to the battlements, there was something I should see. I followed him curiously through the halls and reached the battlements, NAV and the crossbow Forumites proving their worth as they fire bolt after bolt into the assembled horde. On the horizon a cloud of dust could be seen and, at its base, a band of Goblins. I grinned viciously, for they had fallen for it. The fools had sent troops to our aid, at what they thought was the will of Armok!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I watch with glee as the goblins charge in their holy crusade, plunging deep into Fain’s forces. The zombies cry out in anger as they recognise minions of Armok, and their grasping hands reach out…and are cut off by goblin blades. They shudder, regain life and rise again, renewing their attack. Slowly, the goblins are beaten back, shouting in a guttural language to a thicket of trees some distance away. Backup arrives, nearly too late.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

three more ambushes, only one has any success. I watch as they slay their foes quicker than they can rise again. Then one has an arm ripped off. It descends into bloody froth after that. No survivors. My plan to rid the surface of the dead has failed, but I have had another idea...one which involves the hot seething cauldron beneath our feet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this took so long to write and how short it is, it has been a really long couple of days and if I had tried writing anything it would most likely have been terrible anyway.  :P
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:42:22 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »

Sorry I'm going back and forth on weather to do it now because I have some ideas but stuff needs to be done (like a memorial of jenny in the clinic) and what if something bad happens and Sprin dies prematurely, ect. anyway I think I'll wait tell my turn tell my turn.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 05, 2013, 10:44:48 pm »

HAHAHAHA!!! Eat Leadcopper you greenskin rotten corpses! I WILL PERFORATE YOU!
Heh. This is way more fun than I thought it would be. Just sitting up here behind a nice safe fortification, purging the surface of undead. Hey squad, does that one kinda look like Apiks to you? Whoever shoots that one gets a day off!
*30 bolts stuck in the zombie later*
Dammit I meant whoever shoots it first. You can't all get a day off.

One question for the overseer: Who brews?

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 06, 2013, 02:25:41 pm »

Oh yeah, the brewer. Where is he? OH DEAR ARMOK NOT THE BOOZE  :o
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 06, 2013, 02:27:18 pm »

Oh yeah, the brewer. Where is he? OH DEAR ARMOK NOT THE BOOZE  :o
*grabs Dw4rfY*

GET THE BOOZE RUNNING AGAIN!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 06, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »

*Looks with wide, frantic eyes down at the maddened Forumite holding me aloft by the scruff of my neck*

Hey, not even Armok is evil enough to cut off the booze supply! It was an accident, I swear!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 06, 2013, 02:37:01 pm »

*Looks with wide, frantic eyes down at the maddened Forumite holding me aloft by the scruff of my neck*

Hey, not even Armok is evil enough to cut off the booze supply! It was an accident, I swear!

The Swords Enthusiast shakes Armok's Chosen by the neck with his left and right hand but the attack glances away!

WE NEED MOAR BOOZE!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 06, 2013, 03:37:58 pm »

Are you seriously telling me that we've been surviving without booze? TRAITOR IN OUR MIDST!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 06, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »

Are you seriously telling me that we've been surviving without booze? TRAITOR IN OUR MIDST!
Highmax, Swords Enthusiast cancels Strangle Th4DwArfY1, throwing tantrum!

RAAARRRGGHHHH!!!! NEED BOOZE!!!!

*throws swords everywhere*

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 06, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

Campaign Promise: when Ruhn takes over the drink stockpile will reach 1000!

(When Goku takes over, it will be OVER NINE THOUSAND!!)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 07, 2013, 09:33:21 pm »

I'll get the regaining memory story up in an hour or so. I finally have some time to do that. And today I learned what NAV's picture is... And let out a big WTF in the process

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:31 pm »

*One quick google image search later*
Hey, that's not a balrog! It's based on soap, for goodness sake, and doesn't have all the whips and flames and so on!    >:(

Edit. My worst nightmare has been realised.... I have been reading something called Murderwheel, and this came up:

The mental image I got was that of a mix of Sprin and highmax. Truly, that image should have remained in hell where it belongs.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:20:38 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:32 pm »

Oh dear god... The chainswords...

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 121