Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438471 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #1080 on: November 13, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »

Its awesome, excluding the fact I died from... Yeah... And NAV, is that a video game or...? And I admire the guy whos in your picture, hes like my favorite character in Cave Story
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 13, 2013, 11:21:34 pm »

My buddy has been talking about starting Shadowrun campaigns.  I've read a little over half of Two Dee's Shadowrun Storytimes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 14, 2013, 12:28:48 pm »

Soooo is D&D a computer game, or is it the thing with dice? Really, the closest I have gotten is Warhammer 40k
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 14, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »

Soooo is D&D a computer game, or is it the thing with dice? Really, the closest I have gotten is Warhammer 40k

As far as I am aware, D&D started as a type of game with dice and then the mechanism using it were integrated into some games (most old rpgs [Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter nights and so on]).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 14, 2013, 06:08:24 pm »

As far as I am aware, D&D started as a type of game with dice and then the mechanism using it were integrated into some games (most old rpgs [Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter nights and so on]).
Its a pen and paper game where dice is done for almost anything you do. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights are indeed video games based on them, and they're fun but VERY challenging and, in my opinion, limited compared to what you can do in D&D proper.

You want to sneak into your allies room while hes passed out drunk, steal his pants and then put them on his head? Go right ahead!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 15, 2013, 01:23:21 pm »

24 Hematite
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hark, the scum has been located! Ready the door, lock the vaults-He shall not step foot in our fortress! But where is he, this demon of Ur, minion of Fain-Where is he? The call cries again..”Intruder, Drive him away”, wavering in the morning light as it seeps through the fortifications and leaks into Necrothreat. Necrothreader!

Screams of terror, blood curdling noises filled with the sounds of damnation and sorrow, echoed to us. The Necrothreader is scared? What demon of hell could scare such a beast, lord of the dead? None of the ancient texts hoarded by Highmax speak of such terror as is heard coming from the mighty being of death. If we could find what terror has scared it, we could perchance capture it and use it to our own ends….but first, to find it. I stand in the dining hall of Necrothreat, a bustle of hope as has not graced us for too long surrounding me. I call to messengers…”You, boy! To the fortifications, spy out the beast scaring the monster. You, yes you. To the entrance gate, look through the barricade and say what you see. You, go to….” And so on.
A panting child, clutching a square of parchment, comes barrelling into the room. Face flushed with exertion, he brandishes his prize, proudly holding it up for me. “An artist’s representation of the beast, sir!” he gasped between frantic breathes.

“Good, good thank you boy…Bob, is it? Never mind, thank you for the help.” I say as I take the parchment. I unfurl it as everyone gathers behind me, eyes wide in morbid curiosity.
A..a…lamb? A baby lamb? That is what the dread Necrothreader is fleeing from, the horror from which the creature that had plagued us through the long months of being trapped was running babbling in terror from? A joke, surely, a joke? But no….even as I think this a haunting wail rises from outside. A curse on the weak spines of sissy Necrothreaders, I had thought that at last we had found a beast to defend us. Still, the lamb is doing a fine job of herding the Necrothreader off our land. Maybe when it is gone the dead will not rise? One can only hope. This is the first time in months that the feel of evil shrouding my mind seems slightly lessened. We may yet prevail!

25th Hematite

Ruhn has a hatred of one zombie, and he takes it out on him with a vengeance. Bolt after bolt, the fateful twang spelling its doom….until it rises again. It rises quilled with arrows, a porcupine of darts. Ruhn’s commitment is remarkable….but I fear how far he will take it. He has a blood lust in his eyes, one I do not like…It barely dims even when he looks to his comrades. But no. This is Ruhn. I will not fall into suspicion…but still, I will keep an eye on him. Just in case.

But enough of Ruhn, or Rhunorah as he (she) likes to be called now. The Necrothreader has fled, the gates are again open. Stranded migrants pour through, 5, 6…7 in total. We welcome our brethren from the outside with open arms, gape at their open wounds and do our best to help them. They report an indefatigable brother in the field, fighting with wild abandon, the sun glinting on his teeth as he bares them to the sky. They say he fights with his hands,tearing not only limb from limb, but also those limbs into smaller pieces. Asmel, he is known as. Asmel the Vampire. When I hear these rumours of a defending vampire, a hero that doesn’t drink Forumite blood, I sneer. No vampire is good ...They’re all minions of Armok…Sucking…always sucking….drinking my blood…Oh, Light!
But the rumours are wrong. They must be. Besides, they say he can’t walk anymore. No being could live out there for this long. Yes, it is a rumour…no Vampire is good!

Asmel, Vampire defender of the halls, indeed! A myth, he is a myth.

To check whether or not the departure of the Necrothreader would keep the dead dead, Highmax and Sulin volunteered to embark on a voyage of revenge. For the fallen, they lifter their weapons and set out. Never has the fortress seen such bravery. They started in a walk, then a jog. By the end, they were running and brandishing their weapons, screaming insults and death threats to the assembled horde. Highmax swords glimmered red like blood in the setting sun, and quick were his strikes and defences. Though we derided his love of swords, I see now. It is a thing of beauty, the swing of sword, strength warring against strength…a dance of steel with sweat dripping to the ground, the game of life. Alas, the Necrothreader had comrades, and those struck down quickly rose again. Damn the dead, Damn the Necrothreaders!

Their spears and swords rise and fall, hacking and hewing, their force of two faced with ten times their number. The crowd watching at the gates bulges forwards, then bursts, the grim faced marksforumites  marching through. NAV strides with determination on his face. He knows he marches to death, he and his men know. He marches on, face of steel gazing forward, laptop in his hand. He will make up for the fall of Necrothreat one, the zombies will taste the bolts of Forumites once more, and their wails will be music to his ears. The one-time-brewer splits a smile as he walks, his mind on the pain he will wreak upon them.

And me. I stand in the shade and look out at the field. Though no Forumites are dead yet, the sheer numbers of zombies makes it almost certain. I stand with a deep well of sadness rising in me. Is this the end of NAV, of Sulin and of Highmax? What will the fortress be like without these pillars of strength? I don’t want to think of it. I gaze out onto the battlefield, but something keeps niggling in the back of my mind. A slinking shadow rises from the earth nearly in front of me, but my eyes slip from it. I saw something didn’t I? What was it…I..I can’t remember. Was I thinking of something? I look back at the battlefield and shake away the feeling of worry that had descended on me. At the moment, a strangled yell came from the trap area, and in a cage nearly at the door to the fortress stood another Necrothreader, who stood in his cage gaping in shock. Another Necrothreader down!

5th Malachite

Many days they have fought, and I, unskilled in warfare as I am, have watched, eyes straining to find Necrothreaders hidden, their forms cloaked in a mist which my eyes can’t see through. How many there are, none know. But we have chased or captured two, and we can do more. We must, the entire fortress depends on it. I watch as Rhunorah and Mastahcheese Returns throw a zombie into the water, working side by side to bash it to a watery grave. It stays dead, the water taking it. That is the only way to rid us of them, force them to the water and kill them, where no Necrothreader can see them. But alas, it may not be enough. Already we have lost two….Highmax has become a swords enthusiast in more than name, his skill with the sword rivalling his past skill with the spear. Where he strikes, death follows, however temporary.

But there are two who merely look at the zombies  and they quake, the dead showing a spark of life in the fear they show. I even pity them, for these two hard-faced women are more than the equal of ten men each, their spears darting and weaving through their foul flesh. Solon and Sulin show Highmax the error of his ways each time they swing their spears. One is silent, Solon, and works as a butcher works, no compassion on her face, while the other shouts bloody murder, screams and rants, her ire more terrible to look upon than the maggot-filled eyes of Fain’s forces. Blood sprays before them. Occasionally Gaul joins them, his skill in the spear their equal, and they dance as if at a ball, brothers and sisters of the spear.
The kills of Sulin mount,
But by far is Solon the more experienced.

I once heard Solon speak of her time in the jungles of her youth, abandoned as a child. The beasts of the wild thought her easy prey. She proved them wrong. She crafted her own spear, taught herself to use it, and fought off entire armies of the beast-men of the jungle. It is a terrible place there, but she survived for years before coming here, her only wounds a missing leg. Warriors have gone into that wood, whole companies, not to be seen again. And here she stands with us, spear once more killing beasts.

I can almost feel the bond strengthening between these  warriors and their weapon, Sulin herself has achieved a new ease

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze.... I can’t…can’t keep going. Next person…will have to take my place. My term as overseer isn't yet over…but I can’t keep going, I can’t. The Light save us all, we’ll need all the help we can get.

And highmax...I cannot look...Fain again has claimed him, taking him again for his own. I fear now that Highmax would not know me, and that he would seek my flesh if he could. It has been a bloody week, but our military is stronger. That is what I must tell myself

================================================================================================================

Well, sorry about the length of time this took, but a necrothreader came up on screen so I really wanted to play a bit further. I'll hand my save over now. Also, a note to the next overseer. There are a few outside still, for example Gaul, but getting them inside would be really hard. In order to get some inside, I had to take them from the military, so you may want to re militarise them. They're easy to spot, they're the ones with ridiculously high fighting skills. Also, NAV I thought was dead outside, but then he appeared drinking booze  :o I have no idea how he survived, and this is the second time he has defied death. In my first year he went outside and broke his spine...yea, you're really (un) lucky during my turns, NAV :/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:39:19 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 15, 2013, 01:25:21 pm »

Yes, yes I'm a terrible person, double posting, I know...Just needed to say the game was unpaused while I was posting this, and the Necrothreader got out of his cage..I didn't even know that was possible...

Also, I really don't want to know what was happening in the Belted jungle. I back highmax's request to add her to the hall of fame, and add Sulin to my request. They pretty much saved what remains of the military, letting them flee.

Here's the save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8137

Edit: Nearly forgot, add Asmel the Vampire Defender of the Fort to the hall of fame as well, please
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:04:20 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 15, 2013, 03:56:05 pm »

Highmax's Last Stand
I came on the battlefield after many days of combat training. Days ago, I was sent to the fields of war on the front lines with others. This was a suicide mission, but we will battle until we crush every Threadromancer alive. Ur will tremble if We survive. But it is unlikely... Many are falling already but we slay many and more take their place. I raised my blades and use them as I have done before, as a great vortex of death, each strike is as deadly to the living as to the dead. I'm wounded but alive still. I fight on, and I don't use my magic again. I already drained myself in my last spell to attempt to bring myself closer to killing Ur, but I couldn't tell if I succeeded or not; the effects don't show until the "time is right". I will slay Ur, and if I die, I can only hope DwArfY can remember how he brought me back from undeath. I seen others affected by the curse of undeath, and I cry for them. My tears flow in vain though, and all I can do is give them mercy with my blades.

I watch as another falls next to me, overwhelmed. NAV has fallen back, and I feel... Alone...

A shadowed zombie appears before me, and I cannot tell if I am going mad or not; it looked just like it was in my mind when I returned my memory. I raise my blade and we fight. I cannot tell what's going on anymore, as the dead begin to overwhelm me, and I slay more undead, but the shadowed one was the only one I could see that no others dealt with. I felt time slow down as I split the bastards skull, only to have a thread zombie sink his teeth and claws into my neck and shoulder. I let out a cry in agony, and I rip his skull out, throwing the skull away quickly. I then dropped my shield and held my blade in both hands, striking down many with my blades. I slaughter them, swearing to Ur I will kill him. Then I am overwhelmed, but they don't kill me. The shadowed thread zombie was gone, but where it was stood another Threadromancer. He was grinning.

"The Dark One wants his pawn back. You were given the chance to return to us as something greater, but now you will serve us in death."

He then had a strange blade with a hook on it in his hand and began to remove my skin, slowly and painfully. I wanted death, but I held firm, struggling to kill that bastard. I then loose consciousness, and I feel the cold hand of Ur come again... And the next thing I know, I returned home again...

Back home to Necrothreat I again... But I feel like I'm not alone here as I was before...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 16, 2013, 09:11:11 am »

Good work as per usual highmax.

Your turn Ruhn. Sorry about Ruhnorah, she was a legendary crossbow wielder.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 18, 2013, 12:42:51 pm »

Ha!  I'm dead again.
I'll pass on my turn for now.  Too much going at work, I just need to vegitate with any free time this week.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 18, 2013, 03:06:32 pm »

Okay. Guess I'll take my turn now. Thanks for the new sig, Dwarfy.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 18, 2013, 03:22:32 pm »

Haha, you're welcome :/ I have to say I found it funny myself :) May you have better luck than I did
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25:13 pm »

Well, I admit, that line was pretty funny.

Good luck NAV! And watch out for the High Lord Threadromancer Corpse no one seemed to have found after I left...

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »

Alrighty! I haven't posted in a while (working behind the scenes, hehe). Good luck NAV, hope you manage to get us another year forward! It all rests on your shoulders.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 23, 2013, 08:58:33 am »

Alrighty, yet another poetic rambling session. If you can call how I twist words poetry  :) I made NAV Nav just to make it easier and I'm The Dwarfy One.

In Necrothreat the Shadows Fall

In Necrothreat the shadows fall,
Beneath the stars in hallowed hall,
But yet we stand, the Forumites,
And none shall pierce the door or wall.

In Necrothreat the gods wage war
And evils from the ancient lore
Are seen in fields of withered corn,
Before we rise to shed their gore.

Ah, Necrothreat you bleed and weep
As Fain goes raising death from sleep,
And open graveyards serve as wounds
Which cut in two our mighty keep

Our plight is grim, the halls seem dim
But hope is here to battle fear;
They come, they come, the saviours come
To battle death itself and win

Amongst them stands Highmax the brave,
The fighter, the swordsman, the knight;
And from his helm the sun shines forth,
His blade has ever rent the night

Then Nav appears, the merry man
Who set down ale to fight the dead;
His bolts are always piercing foes
To turn the rivers water red

From angers hate and Armok’s hold
The Dwarfy One is seen in light
And now his fury shall be seen
To pit itself against the Blight.

The surgeon grim with hacksaw bared,
And bloodlust shining from his eyes,
Is seen in shadows fighting death-
So Sprin will fight where Jenny lies.

Then Mastahcheese on reindeer rides,
His wife in glory goes ahead,
And on the ground are flowers strewn
For hooves to stir as on they tread

So Ruhn is seen with yellow eyes
Which glow like fire to see in night,
And in his hand an axe is clasped
That streams with blood which mocks the light

Oh Apiks, Apiks, he has come
To ride with honour at their head.
His mind is full of Elder lore,
And in his hand his pick is red.

In Necrothreat the shadows fall,
Beneath the stars in hallowed hall,
But yet we stand, the Forumites,
And none shall pierce the door or wall.

Also,how far on are you NAV?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:42:57 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 121