Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438549 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!
« Reply #1260 on: December 30, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »

“Get Sprin over here. I have need of him. No questions.”

The miners give me a bemused look of both surprise and horror. Did the silent and respected Apiks just talk to them? The end must be nigh.

“Didn’t you hear me?! Get going! We don’t have any time!”

Their gazes break off and they hurriedly start running through the hallways to fetch Sprin, as if fearing for  their lives. As the last one goes around the corner, I immediately return to the place of the encounter and take the blood red medallion. Armok was sure to fail the moment he took control of DwArfy in this place. It is a good thing he didn’t realize who I was. What would Armok the fool think if he found out it was the same Apiks that founded the first Necrothreat, his faithful servant, that beat him in a duel? That is something to think about later. For now  I have much work to do now that I have found the scroll. So much wor—

With that in my mind I collapse and through blurred eyes I see Sprin turning up, alas too late for the shadows of my past overtake me. . .

Memories of Apiks, The first

With a loud, almost ghastly, gasp a forumite falls to the ground with a thump from a sphere of light, completely naked and bathed in a transparent embalming fluid. The surrounding seem to be compromised of tall marble white pillars, ebony tiles and tapestries on the wall depicting what seems to be the turning of the world.

Before the forumite stands a figure clad in black elegant clothes, a curved cane and a bowler hat. Something familiar stirs at the back of your mind as you watch these two creatures. You see the forumite get on his feet and start talking with the man. The forumite seems to be waving his hands in outrage and finally lets his arms fall beside him in a sign of resignation. Suddenly a ridiculously loud indifferent noise enters your head and your vision loses focus quickly goes in and out of focus. The world before you is turning upside and down so fast you can’t react and the cacophony of sounds in your head doesn’t make it any easier to regain yourself.

Your presence is thrown around the chamber in a frantic effort to retain control and after a few thrashings you find yourself being thrown again, this time at the forumite, barely even recognizing the course you've taken. You brace your mind for a crash and a crash is what you get. You mentality feels like it’s hit a solid wall made of ice and fire. It freezes you as quickly as the fire melts it and burns you as quickly as the ice cools it. It is going from one extreme to the other in the space of a fraction of a second. The mental fatigue of what you just experienced immediately takes its toll and your consciousness melts away inside the forumite, your essence merging with its.

I suppose I shall contact Sprin again per your suggestion, IronTomato. It would help if you got those notes out soon so that the next person could take over with a more organized effort.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 31, 2013, 11:18:07 pm »

It would help if you got those notes out soon so that the next person could take over with a more organized effort.
K
I may have only done a month, but some stuff still happened. Not all of it was important (especially the part about me seeing my zombie)

Notes, directly copied from da Notepad:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8270
I've failed.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 01, 2014, 03:59:00 am »

... Can we get some sort of nuke spell now? This place has gone to hell...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 01, 2014, 08:56:22 am »

I think proper use of !!MAGMA!! has a similar effect.
With all the stories I had forgotten how dire things were in the fort currently.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 01, 2014, 11:35:45 pm »

O.k, three things:

-Jeez you guys are brilliant, I just finished Necrothreat I and am looking forward to reading this!

-May I request a Forumite? Talonis Wolf, preferably Miner (Optional: custom profession "Wolf Acolyte" if that isn't too much?)

-For the modders(assuming additions to the mod are welcome): I noticed that you've changed some of the profession names, but not chief medical dwarf. Here's a possibility for a more fitting prof name: Tech Support.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 02, 2014, 07:33:43 am »

O.k, three things:

-Jeez you guys are brilliant, I just finished Necrothreat I and am looking forward to reading this!

-May I request a Forumite? Talonis Wolf, preferably Miner (Optional: custom profession "Wolf Acolyte" if that isn't too much?)

-For the modders(assuming additions to the mod are welcome): I noticed that you've changed some of the profession names, but not chief medical dwarf. Here's a possibility for a more fitting prof name: Tech Support.

I think you will find Necrothreat II even more crazy than the first one, believe me. Also be prepared to read a lot of stories. As for the forumiting, it might take a while for that to happen, considering the state of the Fortress. I shall indeed add your suggestion to the mod. There is even a dedicated thread to the mod if you want to suggest more things to add.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 02, 2014, 06:40:50 pm »

Also be prepared to read a lot of stories.

Blame me for that  :). There is also a huge contribution from Hghmax. And Apiks himself. In fact, we're all to blame. But ah, aint it bliss?  :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 02, 2014, 08:59:41 pm »

...And I've read the whole thread! Wow, you've managed to make this MORE terrifying than the first Necrothreat?!

I am afraid. Very afraid.

But at least Ur can't reach me anymo-

Wait, if Ur is the God of Death and Undeath, couldn't his own trace amounts of energy bring him back as an Undead God? Oh, Sacre Merde...

Edit: I'm done the art project I did for Spearbreakers, is there anything you'd like me to try and draw? And please give me some options, there are some things I draw better than others...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:05:45 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 02, 2014, 09:29:02 pm »

...And I've read the whole thread! Wow, you've managed to make this MORE terrifying than the first Necrothreat?!

Wait, if Ur is the God of Death and Undeath, couldn't his own trace amounts of energy bring him back as an Undead God? Oh, Sacre Merde...

Edit: I'm done the art project I did for Spearbreakers, is there anything you'd like me to try and draw? And please give me some options, there are some things I draw better than others...
Could you draw DwArfY's last moments as he runs out to fight the Yak? :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 02, 2014, 10:26:31 pm »

Alternatively do the part where NAV sits in the middle of the battlefield, drinking ale and not giving a fuck. As for Ur, well, we'll see. He's the least of our problems for now but his spawn live on.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 03, 2014, 10:11:56 am »

Highmax, BFEL, Mastahcheese, Jenny, in a barren wasteland, all riding upon the noble backs of reindeer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 03, 2014, 10:17:28 am »

The forumite seems to be waving his hands in outrage and finally lets his arms fall beside him in a sign of resignation
Is is a metaphor for someone?  :P

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 03, 2014, 01:49:58 pm »

I'll do NAV, but how do you guys(and girls) see NAV in your heads?

Circus, I don't even know if NAV is a boy or girl at this point!?

Thank You for listening to my OCD.
GENERATION 32:

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 03, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »

Highmax, BFEL, Mastahcheese, Jenny, in a barren wasteland, all riding upon the noble backs of reindeer.
+1
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 03, 2014, 02:27:23 pm »

I'll do reindeer next, then perhaps the hinted at pillaging of the North Pole.

Edit:

@Apiks
... As for Ur, well, we'll see. He's the least of our problems for now but his spawn live on.

...If his Minions live on, won't they attempt to bring him back? Or are they greedy for his power for themselves?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:32:22 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 121