Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438535 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!
« Reply #1425 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:59 pm »

Ermmm...

"Melachony
Pensive sadness, or depression; with a tendacy towards this.
Melachony: Someone who is constantly down or depressed may be said to have a melachonous side to them"

???

Not that hard to make a melachony dwarf cry... perhaps you meant Berserk?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 04, 2014, 08:33:38 pm »

No no, make US cry over a dwarf that was stricken with melancholy
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 04, 2014, 09:15:27 pm »

Another worderful chapter to the epic that is Necrothreat. One day we will break the thread zombie siege, one day.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 04, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »

Another worderful chapter to the epic that is Necrothreat. One day we will break the thread zombie siege, one day.
Ur lies slain, but thats only the tip of the iceberg; though the head is severed, the undead creature still lives. Ur's army will still fight on

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 06, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »

And so it is. We shall forever be above the gods. A thing for which we are shunned as heretics. It matters little.

As a side note, for those that haven't read Necrothreat I because of the length and useless chatter in the thread, I have compiled a PDF file of it. This means you can read everything about Necrothreat I from a simple document, skipping the thread posts that don't matter.

So get it now while it's still hot and join in the fray!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 06, 2014, 02:18:56 pm »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 06, 2014, 02:19:19 pm »

An excellent idea!  :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 08, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »

17th Galena

Quiet contemplation of Necrothreat. Something I never thought to be able to have-not without the sight of zombie scum distorting the picture. But there I was, standing at a window with the bracing wind gusting through the engraved corridors, my beard and hair being tugged and pulled at in the icy gusts. The sun glinted on the river, a gleaming line of silver which shone as if burnished. The clouds, low in the sky, seemed to be brooding over the earth in their own thoughts, sometimes grey with worry, and others light, fluffy and free. The trees like beacons flame with autumnal colours, and strewn upon the grass-cloaked earth they toss their flaming leaves like so many burning sparks. The ponds and pools stare at the clouds, and small animals have a free run on the land. But so do they. Always present, always waiting. Amongst their rotten company I see the green faces of goblins, their shapes distorted by the Fell powers of Ur’s Generals, and their allegiances no longer lying with the living.

I feel no guilt in leading them to this; their death protects Necrothreat, for unlike the zombies they were intelligent in their own crude way, and it was only a matter of time before their foul forge began churning out siege weapons. No, they served us more amongst the dead. But what crushed me, nearly driving me to despair, is what happened to those fleeing from their own ruin. We were the last. We were all. Word from new arrivals had shown us that all forts had fallen, apart from the pitiful smoking wreck of a once great Mountainhome. The dead take over the halls of the living and tear them down, gradually, brick by brick. Once great bridges which spanned rivers as if merely leaping gracefully from bank to bank, glowing golden as the sun strikes their filigree hand rails, are strewn in the waters, the light in them dimmed, as if a cloud were intruding on their lustre. The walls which enclosed entire fortress lands are breached, those pieces remaining standing broken, like so many crumbling teeth not yet aware that they are doomed to fall. Ruin, all is ruin. Except Necrothreat. And here we must hold. That is why the migrants are so important; they are the remnant of a remnant, mere shadows of our former glory, but coming in one shape we may gain our might again and be shadows no more. We need the migrants but few get through.

They came earlier today, a pitiful straggling line of morose, down turned faces. The dirt was engrained into their skin, so much so that no soap or water would wash it out. Lank locks of filthy hair hung about them like curtains, and even their beards were untrimmed, un-braided and in disrepair. Truly, our civilization is crumbling for us to appear as this; no ale, no good hearted joking and jests. No laughter rose from the thin line. It said something that they came here. That they came to Necrothreat, the last bulwark of the Forumites, meant that they had embraced their deaths. I grunted. So it must be, for if we are to live we must have no fear of dying.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

24th Sandstone
I stood upon the highest level of Necrothreat, that place where the walls of stone engraved with our glories and woes had petered out and become soft, sodden walls of mud. An earthy smell hung over everything, and water dripped in endless drops from the ceiling. There, through an expertly fashioned window in the hill, I had a view of the migrants. They walked drearily towards the gates, heads down, eyes on the ground. They never even noticed the waves of zombies around them, and nor did the zombies seem to notice them. Then a single wail ululated in the still morning air and the corpses shook off the stupor of the dead, and looked about the land of the living. The dead charged, and hit them as a wave envelops a rock.

They stood firm, these dregs of society. Beaten, tortured by circumstance, punished merely for being born into a world the dead had set their eyes upon, they stood. Blood ran with the mud down their faces, and they had no weapons. Again and again one of their family, a friend or relative, would fall to the clutching hands of the dead, a thin wail  torn from their mouths before they fell to embracing darkness, succumbing to the inevitability of their doom. All dead, now. All but one.

He watched as his brethren were cut down like wheat about him. To this day, I fancy that I heard him shout out as the last was cut down, and he was the only remaining migrant. What he said, I do not know, but I like to think that he cursed the dead, screamed his fury at them. A leatherworker, he had never known war before, but in this day and age all knew the dead. He knew he could not win. He knew he would die. And so he ran, a storm of undeath brewing behind him, dark shapes darting through the grass. Then gate was seen, microline and blue, in his path. As he crossed it slammed shut with finality, cutting off the screams of hate that followed him. He was safe. Atis the Leatherworker had made it to his new home.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 08, 2014, 10:27:24 pm »

Mind if I claim Atis as my new forumite? Rename him Nav.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 09, 2014, 12:09:40 am »

NAV reborn?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 09, 2014, 12:54:27 am »

NAV reborn?
Navigator.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 09, 2014, 06:13:01 am »

Hm. Dunno if he's still alive...people don't last all that long. Then again, he's a leather worker. Might still be alive. Now I have to check  :P

EDIT: Sorry, he appears to have died at some point. Highmax has a child, and so does Sulin, if you wanna be a child, and there're a number of adults available.

EDIT: Just Forumited TalonisWolf "Wolf Acolyte" and Wasara. Wasn't sure if Wasara wanted it, but you sure as hell got it!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:11:01 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 09, 2014, 10:01:10 am »

Hm. Dunno if he's still alive...people don't last all that long. Then again, he's a leather worker. Might still be alive. Now I have to check  :P

EDIT: Sorry, he appears to have died at some point. Highmax has a child, and so does Sulin, if you wanna be a child, and there're a number of adults available.

EDIT: Just Forumited TalonisWolf "Wolf Acolyte" and Wasara. Wasn't sure if Wasara wanted it, but you sure as hell got it!
I have a kid?  :o

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 09, 2014, 10:18:02 am »

I have a kid?  :o

Highmax junior, eh? I expect great things of him.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 09, 2014, 10:39:34 am »

For the record I did want to forumited, and, if it's not a problem, can I see my forumite's description? Thanks.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 121