Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 438433 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!
« Reply #1665 on: April 21, 2014, 12:19:19 pm »

Come on, story crafters! Where's our ending?

Edit, to avoid doubleposting.

Wrote this when very tired, and a bit saddened by something I read. So, it ain't the happiest or best written, but you'll have to read it anyway  :-\

Where are the Forumites I once knew,
The swords, the axe, the mace?
Oh where are they, the brave and true,
That I had loved to see.

The halls now ring silently
Cursing lack of life.
Oh where, oh where are they?
My heart with woe is rife.

Where once great pillars sweeping rose
Bejewelled in light and gold,
There now is naught, not even foes-
Their works have  long been turned to mould.

A shade, I walk between the rooms
Where once sang bards with merriment;
Ah, how I long to hear their haunting tunes,
But oh, they’re gone, their beauty’s spent.

No more shall I be cast adrift
For I am here inside the Fort
Of Forumites, where long I dwelt
In blazing ball, in flow’ring court.

I turn my back from this drear place,
A tear is in my eye-
They’re gone, the Forumites,
An age has passed, I watched it die.

No more is bravery an art,
No longer NAV is drunk on joy.
We were the last alive to see
A place the gods could not destroy.

“Where are my friends,” I sigh
And in the sky the sun begins to climb.
“Where did they go?” I whisper; cry,
Distraught, a second time.

Behind is Necrothreat,
Ahead the whole of life and light,
But I would throw it all to hell,
For one more glimpse, a single sight….

Of halls that gleam and glitter white,
Then red, then green, then blue!
Of faces harsh and hard,
But nonetheless honest and true.
Mayhap also I would see the land
Around turn green, fertile and ripe,
But more I’d love to see the men,
The ones who fought for what was right.
And then I’d see the people live,
And walk, and talk-just live their lives!
Oh what I’d give to see that sight
With these two weary eyes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:16:19 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 23, 2014, 03:38:21 pm »

* IronTomato sheds a single tear

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:20 pm »

Its just too good, it hurts pain sorrow misery. Oh wait that's how I usually feel. :P
But still your really good at this Th4DwArfY1, I wouldn't be surprised if one day I heard about your sexcellent works maybe a book of your adorable amazing poetry. I'd buy it. 8)
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 24, 2014, 08:53:53 am »

* IronTomato sheds a single tear
Its just too good, it hurts pain sorrow misery. Oh wait that's how I usually feel. :P
But still your really good at this Th4DwArfY1, I wouldn't be surprised if one day I heard about your sexcellent works maybe a book of your adorable amazing poetry. I'd buy it. 8)
Thanks very much, both of you. And yes, writing a book is my dream. But more a mix of story and poetry, combining the two things I like most. I wouldn't write it for the money, more for the joy of writing it, but it's nice to know I'll have at least one customer!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 24, 2014, 03:04:50 pm »

You've had several people in this thread promise to buy your book Dwarfy.

Dwarfy, if you write a Necrothreat book I will buy it.
Likewise, and I'll tell it to my kids if I ever have any, as a bedtime story so they fear Ur instead of the boogeyman :P
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 24, 2014, 03:06:38 pm »

You've had several people in this thread promise to buy your book Dwarfy.

Dwarfy, if you write a Necrothreat book I will buy it.
Likewise, and I'll tell it to my kids if I ever have any, as a bedtime story so they fear Ur instead of the boogeyman :P
Huzzah, I'm building a fan base!   :P
Now, which one of you wants to be my honourary stalker? No pay, the job is a privilege in and of itself  :)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 04, 2014, 07:59:04 pm »

Can someone please, please finish Necrothreat II? The third Necrothreat awaits, and all we need is one short story...I'm looking at you Sprin/Apiks/Highmax!
I'd like some new writing inspiration!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:23 am »

I'll take this dance.

Run and hide, inactivity! IronTomato is here to vanquish you once more!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 09, 2014, 09:57:16 am »

I'll take this dance.

Run and hide, inactivity! IronTomato is here to vanquish you once more!

*Halting music starts in the background.*

Come on, someone dance for the man!

And by dance I mean write, Highmax/Apiks/Sprin! (Who is finishing it anyway?:P)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 09, 2014, 10:34:40 am »

When I said that, I meant I'd try to write it.

*a record scratches, music stops*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 09, 2014, 11:28:57 am »

I see.

*Music starts up again, and random Forumites enter, butchering as they go*

Look at the little fellas! They're so happy!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 17, 2014, 09:33:13 pm »

We work in darkness, live in Light
With all to gain and naught to lose,
We live a life of beer and ale
And keep our mission as our muse.

Fires roar and in their depths we see
The heroes that had walked.
There Perrin, golden eyes ablaze,
There Sprin with hacksaws stalked.

We till the soil beneath the ground
And hoard the gold, the gem and ore.
But yet, we keep our mission close
And listen to the storied lore.

Where Apiks strides and Mastah rides,
Highmax duels and Armok rules,
Where Ur arose and dealt our foes
We lived as Forumites.

We make our crafts and spin our wool
With fingers calloused by their work
And live our lives without the sun,
For we are cast in dark and murk.

We listen to the tales and live the life
We keep our mission by our hearts
But where were we when danger calls
And doom befalls, the dying starts?

Our fingers calloused bear no arms,
Forgot the yore-sung blade,
And whilst Highmax is in our thoughts
We lost the knowledge that he made.

And where is Nav, our hero born of old
Who rode to battle drinking ale?
Where are our values, what have we sold
To put our souls as up for sale?

We live the life, we farm the field
And in our hands the hoe we wield.
But no more axe, no shimmering shield
The day we won our fate was sealed.

The dead are gone from Necrothreat,
But still we keep the mission…yes?
If they arrived, we’d smite them down!
We’d take their lives, cause death to drown!

And if they came again, we’d fight them off
We’re Forumites, it’s in our blood!
Recall old Apiks, drinking Nav, fighting Highmax!
We’ll fight like Solon and live like Nav!

But…til then we need not train.
Who has the time to fight so long?
We live our lives, remember them,
And leave our glories dead in song.

If there isn't a write up by the 20th of June (Gods forbid) when my exams end, I'll do it myself.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 19, 2014, 08:10:06 pm »

At last, the time has come...

A pale silence filled the halls of the fourmites as a lone scream filled the air. Highmax stopped working the pumps, and looked at Elephant Parade who had a face of terror and fear written all over his face. If it wasn’t covered by an elephant skin helmet, Highmax would’ve screamed at his look of horror. Wasara, who was down the hall, came running past them, screaming at the top of her lungs. Highmax grabbed his blade, no longer as bright blue as it was in the old homes where he was the great hero. Here? He was only known as Ur’s Bane, and would forever be known as such. He grabbed EP and dragged him to the armory at a quick trot and tossed him an axe. “Ready yourself” he said.

Dorisdwarf, Talvieno, Nav and several others, were still celebrating the defeat and the construction of the magma cannon. Food, booze made by the master boozecrafter reborn,  and bones were tossed about the table as a merry feast began when they heard a faint scream in the depths and then Wasara running by them, heading right for the gates. A loud sound of a skull splitting and the screams of Wasara stopped. Apiks walked into the room, half written slab in one hand, a pickaxe in the other. “No one opens that damned gate. Now each of you grab a weapon and prepare for the worst; I think a forgotten one was released into the mines again.” Spears, axes and crossbows were distributed amongst them, NAV donning on the skill of his previous body, armed himself to the teeth with his mighty crossbow, the very same one his old body used. He was ready for anything… Almost anything…

TalonisWolf, DwArfY and Sulin all were near the barracks when they heard the screams. Wolf immediately booked it and grabbed the nearest weapon he could get his hands on. Soon, the entire fortress ran in and were grabbing whatever they could get their hands on. They all headed into the graveyard; that place they all believed would be perfect for a last stand, although they were all confident it wouldn’t be the last. Highmax, DwArfY and Apiks stood side by side, Apiks taking the front and middle, pickaxe in hand. DwArfY gripped his spear with the strength that could easily crush someone’s head. And Highmax stood off to the side, blade at the ready. Then they all smelled smoke. “DRAGON!” One fourmite cried, but what they saw confirmed it wasn’t a dragon… It was something worse.

The smoke filled the large room and a being of fire, burning brighter than the sun, stood before them, and more strange abominations created of things that should not exist, arrived. Steam, lead, mud, and even the cursed blue ore were all apparent. But one Highmax recognized stood before them all clad in armor and a crown, standing taller than anything he had ever seen, breaking through the stairwell and made of flesh and steel. It was a demon he saw on the engravings in that strange place back in the old homes. Then the bloody battle began, and half of the fourmites died almost instantly.

The creature made of steam ran towards the great NAV and the heat became so intense, an explosion was created from the beer that he carried on him. NAV’s body was a bloody mess that covered the entire graveyard, as well as the other 6 that stood near him, Dorisdwarf, Tal and EP were slain and splattered all over the others as well. The others were lucky to have escaped the inferno and the shock of the blast. The demons, however, were unfazed, save for the creature of steam, which ceased to exist. The fire giant belched a great flame and more fourmites fell, save those who grabbed a shield. 15 were dead now, and the last remaining charged to death. Highmax kept his cool and went in, blade swinging and whirling. Apiks charged with a near snarl on his face, his past deeds and sins all were nothing in comparison to this. DwArfY let the madness of Armok consume him, his loud battlecry fueling the hearts of the last fourmites. Many fell within seconds, but the three fought on.

Sulin was slain within seconds, blood of NAV on her face, and the demon king swallowing her whole. Forty more demons arrived, and spells were fired from the three, who let magic fly as well as their weapons clashing against the inorganic flesh of the demonic enemies. Wolf kept up with the three but then he felt something grip his ankle as he was then dragged into the ground. Looking down, he saw the decayed and mangled bodies of his once friends and family arise and pull him under in their place. He screamed but they were quickly muffled as his mouth went into the earth. The freed necrothreader stood with the demon king, and now fourmites, less then twenty strong now, watched as another enemy overwhelmed them. Then, as if the gods showed mercy, an ally was brought free and fought the dead though they did not harm him; Sodel the Vampire joined the war.

It was hopeless. Too many fell and the enemy kept getting back up. DwArfY then let the fury of Armok consume him entirely, letting every ounce of madness consume him. Red light glowed around him as the fires of Armok raged from his hands, burning the dead and scorching the demons. He didn’t care who he slaughtered now. He cut down two of the last of the fourmites and was headed straight to his goal: the Necrothreader. Flames covered the place, reminding highmax of that dreaded last battle on the fields of the great dark tower. Highmax stopped for a moment and watched as DwArfY killed a demon made of adamantine by scorching it and then stabbing the point where he hit, killing it by stabbing its heart. The necrothreader was before him, and with a clean stab of his spear, the Necrothreader’s head flew off and his body fell in a lifeless slump. Highmax then charged to save his dear and close friend as he saw the demon king swing his blade down on him. DwArfY stood with a blade in between his legs as Highmax got close, and before the great warrior, the one friend who helped him in all this madness and saved them all, split into two halves and fell. Highmax let out every ounce of his energy out. Nothing mattered now but the survival of the last few. He will slay the demon king and hope it causes the rest to fall back.

He charged the mighty Lord of Demons, and he brought down his blade. Highmax dodged and slashed the hand off in a clean stroke. The demon roared in fury as his other hand grabbed Highmax and then slammed him into the ground. Highmax was barely alive but still able to stand. He stared down his enemy as he got up. Laughing, the King grabbed his blade in his other hand. A swing and Highmax barely dodged. Blood was draining from his nearly broken body quickly, and he only had seconds to live. He climbed up the demon’s arm and made it to the creature’s face, where the diety tried to grab him, only to meet Highmax’s blade cutting deep into his eye. He roared in fury, blood covering Highmax and spraying the place with fowl black blood. Highmax twisted his blade out and stabbed the other eye before the creature smacked him into his face, digging the blade deep into his eye and ripping into his brain. He let Highmax go and fell, dying. Highmax dropped to the ground and died before his body hit the floor.

Apiks was alone now. He had nothing left but to escape. He swung his pick into the ground and disappeared in a flash of white. Apiks ran up the stairs, and was lucky his distraction worked enough for him to try and get the children to escape. Suddenly, he heard the sound of screaming as he made it to the top floor where the children he knew and saw were all being consumed by a flow of magma; someone had opened the gate! He watched helplessly as the screams of younglings died quickly as they were swallowed and killed by the magma. The son of the dead highmax, Timeless Bob, and Sulin’s Spawn all perished before him. Life meant nothing to him now, Apiks was truly alone. He needed to escape if he wanted to live. But where? The demons are free here, and they would kill everything  before he could hope to rebuild. He had one choice, and he only knew Highmax was the one capable of doing it.

The demons were already approaching when he readied his spell. He struck the earth and a flash of light enveloped them all as the crack in the earth grew and grew until the entire fortress began to collapse around them. Another, larger flash of light, and Apiks was blinded. White was all he saw, and he fell down into that crack, which grew into an abyss now. He fell and closed his eyes. He fell and all he felt was his power leaving his body. He said goodbye to the heroes, the fallen, and was ready to greet the old heroes that he was told of by Highmax. But he awoke with a start as someone was shaking him awake…

BFEL and Talvieno sat next to him on the wagon Apiks felt Toady One slap him awake. “Get up! We’re almost there, Apiks.” He got up and gripped his pickaxe. It was copper, unlike his powerful steel he remembered he had. “Where am I?” He asked sleepily. Sprin laughed at him from the back of the cart. “You were the one who came up with this. How can you forget? You even named it; Necrothreat, The land of wealth and a salvation from the undead.” His grin seemed almost too kind, hiding something. Mastahcheese laughed as he was fiddling with some junk in the cart as he walked next to the cart. “Well, you can’t be serious about that. You must be kidding!” Everyone but Apiks laughed. “What’s the name of the world again? I think I bumped my head during the ride.” Apiks said wearily. He tried to use some of his magic, but he felt cut off. As if he was severed from his source of power. Jenny looked confused and answered, but in a mumble. Whatever it was, Apiks knew it wasn’t the same as the one where he was just on… Or the one before it. He did it, and relief filled his face. Another world that he could protect and keep safe from the remnents of Ur and the spawn of Armok. NAV kept on driving the cart and then let out a cry. “I see it! The place we’ve waited so many months to get to! Thank Armok we’re here!” Sprin laughed maniacally. He knew that Apiks remembered everything, just as he did.

And thus, a new chapter of the fourmites began. The fallen sat in the afterlife and reveled in a great party that lasted until the end days. But Highmax and DwArfY couldn’t stand it, and they watched as their old friend tried to fix everything… And then others came by and watched as well. Wolf, Esther, and even the mad Elephant Parade watched. They may return one day to that world to aid the Father in White, but not today. Today, Apiks grabbed his pick and slammed it into the ground. As his ancestors told him and as tradition goes, he pulled it back out and raised it into the air as he let out a cry that made the fallen heroes cheer and celebrate again.

STRIKE THE EARTH!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 19, 2014, 08:21:53 pm »

Well bollocks.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 19, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »

Here's your down payment on Necrothreat III. Now get working on that mod!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 121