Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your longest adventure?  (Read 3475 times)

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your longest adventure?
« on: December 21, 2012, 06:36:55 am »

Mine is like eight days, but I have this bad habit of going form dingo to horses.
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your longest adventure?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:04:33 am »

thati sl ike years long comparred to most adventures

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:24:58 am »

A few days.

Made a fort, got some nice masterwork candy gear stored, unleashed the clowns, etc. Snuck in, got the stuff I wanted, got out safely.

On the way back to town, I was harassed by boogeymen. Managed to fend them off for the first 3 nights, but the 4th was just too much. Candy reduced their attacks to bruises and not much else, but one got a lucky hit and blinded me.

All I could do was listen to the cackling surround me, getting ever closer until they numbered in the hundreds (probably 10 :P) and finnaly bruised me to death.

Maybe a week total real time, 8 hours playtime.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 10:03:54 am »

Mine was two months, after killing all humans alive, I worked my way to find every lair, and kill everything that I could.
I died to a bronze colossus, too bad there were no fluffy wamblers about  :P

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 10:16:02 am »

Like two hours.
I never bother putting in the time to raise skill levels before going after the big names.
I mean, every adventurer eventually dies to some dude with a bow anyway, right?
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 10:32:26 am »

In game time? My longest adventure was with my elf thrower that lasted over a year, she was so successful she managed to completely erradicate bandits of the continent. It became really safe to walk around during night if you had a companion to stave off boogeymen, cause there was simply nothing else besides wildlife to attack you.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39:39 am »

Um... I think two years before I killed all the Megabeasts, Semi-Megabeasts, Beasts, Monsters (Night Trolls, Vampires, Werebeasts, Necros, etc.), Bandits, and Animals that were hiding in lairs, camps and towers before my dwarf was 'exiled' for killing all of the Deities that were tyrannically ruling the human kingdoms. I left the Mummys alone, both for fear of being cursed, and because Frothybeard (Closest I can get to Foamybeard  :( ) respects the Dead. Then I returned to my Last Fortress, killed the filthy goblins that were in it, and ventured to the Dark Fortress underneath the Fortress, before taking the sword and venturing down into hell. (Surprisingly it was mostly empty,) I killed two demons before Frothybeard heard Armok's voice calling to him, and he jumped into a Glowing Pit to join his Patron.

All on a Peasant. :)
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 11:42:41 am »

Almost one in-game year. Most of that time with only one operational arm.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 12:38:57 pm »

About 3 years RL, 1 year ingame. I got stuck out at sea for a year or so before I figured out how to fly back to shore, so it's still ongoing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

About a week.
I was playing an elf spearman (shortsword as secondary in case the spear gets stuck). Because animals don't flee from you when you are an elf, I ;) slaughtered every animal horde on my way to bandit camps and such.

I sneaked the whole time and threw a lot fo stuff so I was a legandary ambusher/thrower and I threw the weapons and skulls of my foes before I charged into battle. Therefore they were distracted by their wounds and didn't notice the spear in their head. I also sharpened my iron spear to "masterwork" quality with wanderer's friend and wore a dragonbone breastplate just for prestige.
 So I turned out quite invincible and after slaying my first bronze colossus I retired in a port town... I want to start a new adventurer that will retire in the same town until it is full of godly veterans.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 05:44:47 pm »

A few in-game months, I think. It would have been just one month if not for my ultra-hardcore companion. A bunch of kobolds ambushed the two of us on a mountain road and nearly did me in, only for Dema the Dignity of Adoration to beat them all to death with her bare hand (while riddled with arrows).

All my other adventurers lasted three days at the most. A few didn't even make it through the first night. And funnily enough, I've stumbled across a couple of their corpses as Cobar.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 11:29:44 am »

I think it was about 4 in-game months. I cleared all quests on one continent, so I swam over to the next one and promptly lost my arm to a minotaur with a pickaxe. I think one of my companions killed it while I was running away and passing out, so I retired after retrieving my arm.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 01:08:15 pm »

3 ingame years. Died by a wolf biting out a motor nerve in my right foot.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 10:05:52 am »

mine was so long that I got so powerful as a necromancer that i just got bored and went into a cave then used DFhack to go to circus because spelunking takes too long and theres nothing down there outside of the entrance
he died on the third type of clowns, who made me have too much fun and break my hand
I then proceeded to die of laughter

oh and btw good luck stealthing outside of entry in the circus everyone can see you there

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 10:15:20 am »

How do you go to circus using DFHack?
Pages: [1] 2