Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: ... said no dwarf ever.  (Read 20294 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ... said no dwarf ever.
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2014, 05:49:00 am »

"Maybe I shouldn't sleep under the atom smasher."
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2014, 07:07:14 am »

"Another body for the morgue? Sure, we've got plenty of space! Just put him anywhere... No, I don't know why we've got individual cat teeth sitting on every available slab. Just brush it aside, or heck, just dump the body on top of it! It's not like the spot's reserved for the stupid things!"
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2014, 07:29:03 am »

"You know, this is the last barrel of booze in the fort, and I *AM* a brewer, and we DO have an over abundance of plump helmets in the stockpile, instead of drinking the last bit then taking a month long nap, i think i will just start brewing a new batch. you know, cause we live in a desert and have no well. yeah, that seems like a good idea."

said no dwarven brewer, ever.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2014, 09:27:39 am »

"Since less than five minutes ago I was an Axe Lord, that Giant Thrips Man is not so scary after all."
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2014, 09:51:59 am »

"Maybe i should get off the construction site before building on it"
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2014, 10:07:00 am »

"Why would I do that? That doesn't make any sense."
said no dwarf ever.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2014, 12:10:50 pm »

"I certainly would never try to take a nap in the middle of a siege.  Who would do that?  It's not like the enemy forces will go away while I take a nap anyway."

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2014, 01:52:27 pm »

"Perhaps the courtyard of a sieged keep which is currently taking archer fire from outside is not the ideal place to go on break."
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

JonathanCR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2014, 02:51:06 am »

"Mwa ha ha! I've chosen a false name and lied about my age. I will feast on their blood and the poor fools will never suspect. I just need to make sure I don't casually mention the dozens and dozens of societies I've joined, because that might tip them off to the fact that I'm many centuries old."

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »

"I got my interest in being a Dwarf Doctor from watching Repo! The Genetic Opera!" said every dorf doctor ever.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2014, 02:53:35 pm »

"Hmm... maybe I shouldn't pull this lever."
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Lelouch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »

"Mabye i should wait for the rain to stop before running around naked outside chasing keas and pasturing ducks"...said no dwarf ever...
"Mabye i should start a game in a calm environment rather than beside a volcano or necromancer tower" said no player ever...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:59:50 pm by Lelouch »

Lelouch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2014, 09:07:19 pm »

"You know, this is the last barrel of booze in the fort, and I *AM* a brewer, and we DO have an over abundance of plump helmets in the stockpile, instead of drinking the last bit then taking a month long nap, i think i will just start brewing a new batch. you know, cause we live in a desert and have no well. yeah, that seems like a good idea."

said no dwarven brewer, ever.

"Hey we might need these barrels to make booze as we are running extremely low and i should NOT waste it by putting this egg that the player forgot to forbid" said no dwarf ever

Krawdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2014, 12:59:35 pm »

"The overseer told me to stud items from this stockpile with gold, I should probably stud the masterwork steel items rather than the wooden bins."

"The overseer only canceled my 'Station' order so I could return to training, there is no need to get upset about 'Being relieved from duty.'"

"I probably shouldn't wrestle an Ogre."

"This map only has access to Nickel and Gold, so I won't demand a Tin throne for my office."

"Don't worry, little Urist, I won't finish this rampart wall while you are walking along the outer wall, leaving you to die of dehydration before the overseer notices."

"The overseer told us to wait here while the archers soften up that rampaging, web-spewing ancient beast in the narrow corridor. We definitely don't want to funnel in there one by one and let it kick our heads in. Best wait out here and surround it once it reaches us."

"I'll just take off this burning cloak."

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

"I was told to stand in this child's bedroom and protect the citizens of the fortress. There is currently a vampire murdering the child. I'll ignore bureaucratic procedure and kill the vampire before it can harm the child further," said none of my elite marksdwarves ever.

"This vampire killed a child. Locking them up for half an hour is not the correct thing to do in this situation," said none of my captains of the guard ever.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]