Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 2973 times)

Duul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What am I doing wrong?
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:16 pm »

I'm supposed to go here to kill a hydra:

But whenever I go there the TSK next to the direction isn't pointing into the cave, the closest thing it's pointing to is here:

It's a goblin fortress according to the directional bar, but I've looked just about everywhere, so is the entrance far away and the spot I'm looking for is underground or what?

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:24:48 pm »

There are no goblin sites at the moment; wait till late march (expected due date) for the next recent update.

Duul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:34:09 pm »

Yes but is the hydra somehow in the nonexistent goblin site?
I was asked to kill a hydra, and while the marker points to that lair, the nearest TSK points to that field

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:26:16 am »

There is probability that hydra got stuck underground or slowly moves not so far from you. When encountering similar problems I usually use DFHack "reveal" command to look around. One time got roc & minotaur in unaccessible labyrinth, other - monster was in caverns beneath me.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:05 am »

The quest map is only a reference map, moving the cursor on it will not move your adventurer. You'll have to walk to the location on the ordinary fast-travel map. You're currently in the goblin stronghold's location, a long way away from the hydra lair, which appears to be in a tundra or glacier, while your tactical screen looks like a temperate woodland. Right now, you're so far from the lair that it doesn't even show up on your "task compass".

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 02:45:44 am »

Larix is right, sorry for misleading. Thought that somehow your hydra quest lead you to the goblin tower...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 05:28:24 pm »

Also, excellent Hydra Name. Fill a cask with it's blood, drip all the poisons you can into it (don't forget the vampire blood) and do your best to sell it to some Dwarfs, mods or nay.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur