Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Journeys of Onol, Blessed of Armok  (Read 37423 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Journeys of Onol, Blessed of Armok
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 11:08:35 pm »

Any self-respecting image editor ought to have a cropping feature.

If I'm to come with something known and not an underground image palettizer that I'm very fond of, I'd say use Paint.NET.
Just select what you need and go Image > Crop To Selection, bam.

oh_no

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 11:01:14 pm »

2: Onol Leaves

Onol stood by the shore and watched the waves ride up, then fall down.
Over the past day he'd journeyed across the island he found himself on, fighting off multiple packs of wolves, horses, and even some lions at one point. The land seemed far more savage than he remembered, but then again he had been out at sea for a while. With a sigh, he gazed out at the distant shore. He was not going to enjoy this.

No need, creature.

Onol turned to see the angel before him, with his sword clapsed in both hands.

Armok has instructed me to carry you across, so as to not have a repeat of the last incident. It shall be so for any bodies of water you cross, save for rivers and such. I or another of Armok's chosen will be waiting for you. Now, let's go, shall we? Sooner this is over, the better.

And with that, the angel leapt at Onol, who readied himslef to deflect the blow. He was unprepared to feel an arm pass through his shields, grab him about the waist, and hoist him up into the air. With incredible speed, Onol rocketed into the air, toward the next island.

So! As the angel said, I'll be adding the [FLIER] tag to the raws whenever Onol has to cross a large body of water to avoid any further freezes. Apologies for the lack of images, but every imageservice I could find is being a complete dick, so you'll have to use those imaginations of yours. See you when Onol arrives on land again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:26:33 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 12:46:59 am »

PTW.
Can we have a savefile for this guy at some point, or would you prefer to keep him hidden...?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 01:02:45 am »

I certainly intend to give Onol over to Bay12 at some point; it would be a downright shame if I didn't. Maybe outside of the abandoned fort down to hell I'm going to build; right now I'm trying to find my way to a hamlet to retire him for however long it takes to do so.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 02:20:32 am »

(Apologies for the double post)

--SURPRISE UPDATE--

It's BOGEYMAN TIME, EVERYBODY!

After trekking across the new island for about two days, fighting off wolves, sand antlions and a sea monster while Very Drowsy, Onol has been attacked by boogeymen. Just thought you should know. I'll post the combat logs in a spoiler. No pictures, I'm afraid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you wish I'll do an awesome in-character account of the fight.
Sig! Onol

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 05:13:01 pm »

Now the night will know why it fears Onol.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 05:31:33 pm »

Now the night will know why it fears Onol.
I'm putting this in a list of memorable quotes.

Fear The Night

Onol wearily stumbled onward. He rememebred that he'd done a lot of walking, but not this much walking. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't slept in 3 days.
Sleep...would be nice...
Onol slapped himself, the shock temporarily driving him alert. It was then that he heard the first giggle. Wafting among the trees, it twined it's way between his ears and out the other. He knew that sound, and as the singular giggle escalated to a cacauphony of sinister laughter, his suspicion was confirmed.
Bogeymen.
Like wraiths they glided out of the shadows, small, twisted mockeries of every bipedal being, with cruel smiles and mirth in their eyes. As they crept closer, they began chanting.
Now you know why you fear the night
Now you know why you fear the night

The chant accelarated.
Now you know why you fear the night!
Now you know why you fear the night!
Nowyouknowwhyyoufearthenight!

As the bogeymen chanted, faster and faster, they worked themselves up into a frenzy. Drool gushed from their jaws, wings fluttered in anticipation of the kill, and claws twitched eagerly.
Nowyouknowwhyyoufearthenight
Nowyouknowwhyyoufearthenigh
NOWYOUKNOWWHYYOUFEARTHENIGHT

And with that, the first bogeyman leapt towards Onol to begin the slaughter.
Only to be met by Onol's copper pick, already swinging toward the head. It impacted with a heavy thunk, and the bogeymen wailed and leapt at him. Onol was filled with the rush of combat, and rather than remove his pick from where it had stuck in the bogeyman's head, he wrenched it up by the neck in one mighty fist and bit it's head in half. By the time the next bogeyman reached him, his pick had swung toward it, and met it in midair, punching straight through the head, and struck the next one in the head on the followthrough. Shaking the corpse off the end, Onol spun around and impacted the bogeyman with such force that it's head was sent flying from it's shoulders. The rest of them, cowed by this display, had tried a few wary punches at him, but they were halfhearted and missed entirely. With a roar, Onol strode forward and crushed on'es skull beneath his pick, though it still twitched. Wrenching the blade out, Onol swung once more, and when this bogeyman proved to be more thick-skulled than the rest of them, he punched a hole through it's throat. It bled out moments later, and the ring of bogeymen let out a trememdous wail ... and vanished, turning into smoke and seeping back into the shadows. Onol roared his triumph to the sky.
"YES! NOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU FEAR ONOL!"
It then occurred to him that he was very tired, and he fell flat on his face and was asleep before he hit the ground.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:42:51 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 08:46:50 pm »

This is epic, and you deserve to feel good about making it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 04:31:33 pm »

Not a Smart Idea

Onol paused as he strode through the forest. Something was not quite right in these woods.
Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, the birds were still chirping awa annoyingly, nothing was ominously quiet, so what was wrong? Onol got his answer with a shrill cry of the creature he was most easily annoyed by in the world: kobolds.
Yeling gibberish, they sprang at him with naught but their fists and feet as weapons. So they intend to wrestle me to death, Onol thought with a grin. This should be fun. Onol casually swung his pick forward, right into the stomach of a leaping kobold, who immediately started spewing vomit all over the forest floor. Ignoring the other kobolds ineffectually hammering away at him with their fists, Onol leaned close to the trembling kobold, and quietly said, "Boo." With that, it fell over unconcious and it's head was quickly perforated by his pick. He turned to start on the other two, only to see but one remaining.
With a sigh, he decided that it wasn't worth it to kill this one. He took the wimpering kobold's arms and wrapped them around his own almost gently. Then he twisted and every joint in the kobold's arms broke. Leaving the kobold sobbing in a pool of blood, Onol strode on.

Sorry this update was waiting, folks, but family stuff.
Sig! Onol

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 04:40:59 pm »

Oh, you're too kind.. ;D

oh_no

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »

"Her left buttock is bruised, her liver is bruised, her right buttock is bruised, her right breast is bruised...Her left breast is bruised."

The hell did you do to her? :o

Better than some of my enemies come out of it. Sometimes I bite their breast/dick off and beat them with it. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:18 pm »

oh_no

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 05:47:47 am »

Remembrances

Onol knew that it was nearby.
He could still taste the blood on his face, the way the blows ached deep in the bone. You tended to remember things from when you nearly died.
All the same, though, he needed to see it again. See the collossus' head up close and reassure himself that it was dead. With his resolve strengthened, Onol strode onward, and after some time, arived at the shrine. He could still see the arrows scattered all over the place from where he flung them; he could see the bunch of wolves that had foolishly tried to attack him once he had awoke.
It looked different in the shrine - Onol remembered it as a temple to ancient things from before time, the stones of the place unnaturally aged and the whole place emitting a sense of unnatural stillness. Now that the collossus was dead, however, the previously untouched stones were being grown over, he could see animals moving into the ruins and even a little nest.
It had certainly turned into a rictus place while he was gone.

GAZE UPON THE PLACE WHERE ONOL DID BATTLE WITH THE MIGHTY BRONZE COLOSSI.
Not much to look at, I know, but it marks an important part of Onol's journey: a hamlet is near. I will save just before retiring, upload it to the DFFD if I can ever figure out how to put the save file into a zip folder, and then retire for a while and do the 'digging down to Hell' thing. No matter how long it takes, I will do this.
Of course, this stage of Onol's adventure has been coming for a while now, but I hope you all enjoyed his journey while it lasted. And I hope you enjoy my rantings on demons and stuff when we actually meet the buggers.
See you in Hell (literally),
Xantalos
Sig! Onol

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 06:31:33 am »

If Onol's world is the only one in the DF folder, then you could just stuff the entire thing into a folder.
Otherwise I'd copy it (the whole folder) to somewhere else, delete all the save/region(x)'s that aren't Onol's, and then stuff the folder into an archive and upload it.

oh_no

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 06:35:27 am »

Heh, by the way, those hamlets? Elves that I pissed off by killing bandits that lived there. The king just delivered an epic speech against me and everything. Finding a place to settle down might take a little while longer than I thought.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4