Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: You Are A Power Leech  (Read 13815 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Power Leech
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 08:23:07 pm »

Seriously, guys, don't make me reverse my decision. If I was fine with that kind of stuff,
would I have shot down your ideas of prostitution and rape to get superpowers?

...oh, but you're the one leaping to those conclusions. After all, saliva is a bodily fluid. Perhaps she shared a drinking cup with someone. Perhaps she had her first kiss, which was completely innocent and while fully clothed. So is blood. Perhaps she and a purely platonic friend, after an entirely accidental set of scrapes on the hand while knitting, decided to jokingly and playfully become "blood sisters" by shaking hands and exchanging blood. Perhaps a friend of hers was injured while playing soccer, and in a fit of bad judgement she sucked the wound to clean it.

See? This is the advantage of leaving it implied but unstated. We can come to whatever entirely PG conclusion we want.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 08:25:07 pm »

Well, you can still do that. Consent wise, the person giving decides how we manifest the power, and body parts wise, it depends on the part, both its function and its size. A foot would have a different and smaller power than an arm, even if it's from the same person.

I'm just trying to get away from the... squick. I love y'all, I just don't think having that hanging in the air is good, yanno? Considering the forum as it is.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:26:49 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 08:31:57 pm »

I'm just trying to get away from the... squick.

Ok. In that case I propose that it was an indirect kiss via a shared drinking glass.

Saliva left on a coke bottle handed to us after someone else took a drink, we drank it...resulting in a completely innocent exchange of bodily fluid.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 08:35:02 pm »

Seriously, guys, don't make me reverse my decision. If I was fine with that kind of stuff,
would I have shot down your ideas of prostitution and rape to get superpowers?
...oh, but you're the one leaping to those conclusions. After all, saliva is a bodily fluid. Perhaps she shared a drinking cup with someone. Perhaps she had her first kiss, which was completely innocent and while fully clothed. So is blood. Perhaps she and a purely platonic friend, after an entirely accidental set of scrapes on the hand while knitting, decided to jokingly and playfully become "blood sisters" by shaking hands and exchanging blood. Perhaps a friend of hers was injured while playing soccer, and in a fit of bad judgement she sucked the wound to clean it.

See? This is the advantage of leaving it implied but unstated. We can come to whatever entirely PG conclusion we want.
Quote from: The TV Tropes page you linked
Put simply, a lolicon is a pedophile. But instead of the usual villainous or disgusting attitude normally attributed to one, they are instead treated as being a little creepy, but ultimately harmless.
So, Lolicons are basically pedophiles in a different light. See how I made my conclusion?

I'm just trying to get away from the... squick. I love y'all, I just don't think having that hanging in the air is good, yanno? Considering the forum as it is.
Squick per se isn't bad, but I'm looking for more of a Lovecraftian vibe than a "coitus-based gameplay" vibe. Especially since the coitus suggested is often rape and/or paedophilia.

Okay, back on-topic. Thanks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 09:07:16 pm »

How about this: We're crazy as hell. We stabbed a bitch in an alley and drank some blood, probably cause we're in California where everyone is weird. Turns out the stabee was drunk as hell. We got
!!SUPER!! Intoxicated and had to go to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. Boom, now everyone shut up about your pedophilic fantasies.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 09:11:37 pm »

Not much better...
Let's go with LordBucket's idea. Not the lolicon one.

-----

You were at a birthday party for a kid from your class. It was fairly crowded; this is mostly because everyone in [1] was always polite. No one liked this kid because [2]. You were just sitting there with your friend [3]...

1. Where are you from?
2. Why wasn't he liked?
3. Who was your friend?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »

1. Where are you from? Venice Beach, California(The really weird part)
2. Why wasn't he liked? He was a drugged up hippy
3. Who was your friend? Another drugged up Hippy, but less drugged and less hippyish.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 11:18:42 pm »

Any ideas which don't require prepubescent drugged-up hippies?
Or ideally without any drugged-up hippies?
Sig

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 11:26:01 pm »

1. Where are you from? Killin, Scotland.
2. Why wasn't he liked? The fatass ate all the party snacks.
3. Who was your friend? Our kind and beloved step-brother, Patrick.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 03:30:17 am »

So, Lolicons are basically pedophiles in a different light. See how I made my conclusion?

That might be correct, but that's not quite what I was going for. Unfortunately the more "correct" answer would have been the old tvtropes entry for loli in the Japanese rather than Vladimir Nabakov context, but that entry no longer exists because tvtropes recently underwent web-ad motivated purge of a lot of their material. Naughty Tentacles no longer exists either. Silly puritanical Americans. Murder and gore is ok but sex is evil. *sigh*

Anyway...

1. Where are you from?
+1 to Venice Beach. Specifically, the rich part, not the east side. Our family is rich and we were raised to be a proper lady, so of course we were taught to be polite. [note 1 from previous post]

2. Why wasn't he liked?
He also comes from a rich family and was therefore picked on by all the middle class children. Unfortunately, due to the peculiar nature california public school zoning laws and the arbitrary way they associate neighborhoods to schools, he happened to live on the wrong side of a zone border and was put in the middle class school rather than the rich people school that everyone else on his street goes to.

3. Who was your friend?
A young boy trying to fit into the world, not understanding why everyone hates him just because daddy isn't poor. He was raised to speak in complete sentences, wear nice clothes and listen to Mozart rather than speak gutter slang, wear hoodies, swear constantly and listen to rap. This marked him as an "other" and he's been picked on all his life.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 03:35:06 am »

This thread managed to go from 'yet another generic suggestion game' to perverted awesome in the space of 30 posts. I'm impressed.

Put simply, a lolicon is a pedophile.
Wait what. 'Lolicon' is a shortening of 'lolita complex'. I'm pretty sure 'complex' isn't a person.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:38:50 am by Dariush »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 06:24:51 am »

Wait what. 'Lolicon' is a shortening of 'lolita complex'. I'm pretty sure 'complex' isn't a person.

It's a case of a word root resulting in a variety of words with extremely different meanings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_fashion
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Lolicon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_(term)#Lolita

Depending on context this could vary anywhere from totally innocent to very illegal. Unfortunately due to the western paedo hunt and general values dissonance on the topic, what might be risque but socially acceptable in one part of the world tends to be interpreted as heinous and evil elsewhere. Strangely, a lot of Americans seem to view the 18th birthday as some magic barrier between morally evil and totally ok despite the fact that age of sexual consent in the US varies by state, is 16 in a lot of places, and many states have complicated exemptions based on relative ages of the involved parties. For example, 16 + any age at all is legal in Indiana, Iowa, Kansas and a bunch of other states, 13 + 15 would be legal in Connecticut, 10 + 13 would be legal in our nation's capitol...whereas 17 + 17 would be illegal in California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#State_laws

In any, case...there's no reason for this to be about sex at all and it was my intent to avoid discussion of the issue by being vague. A simple saliva exchange is all we need here. The girl is pretty, but the incident at age 12 was from sharing a coke bottle and she came to greater understanding of her nature via some fully-clothed make-out sessions with boys as a teenager. Now she's an attractive and sexy 19 but her social life has rarely made it as far as intercourse because she tends to drain people to lifeless husks before she gets that far.

Think Rogue from Xmen, except with more of a "people are food" vibe.

Does that work for everyone?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 06:36:55 am »

I don't understand what was the purpose of the whole post, since I merely pointed out that using 'lolicon' to refer to a person was linguistically wrong.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:55 am »

Would that make a person a loli?

Stop that derail before toady does...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:50:14 am by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »

Whatever, whatever, whatever, shut up!

Just to note, you only "drain" superpowers by ingesting bodily fluids. If the person whose body it is is normal, you just get a little hydration, if that. Also note that the process only gives you the superpowers--it doesn't take them from the other person. The name comes from the tendency of well-known power leeches to go around drinking people's blood--or, rather, for the power leeches everyone hears about to be the ones who go around drinking people's blood. Either way, the Leechs' image in the public mind is one of a bloodsucker. Finally, these could change with the right powers...

-----

You grew up in Venice Beach, a nice town in Southern California, a center of the arts. Your friend, Patrick McBride, was a kid raised by a rich family in a poorer area of town. His father was a miser and his mother either apathetic or submissive, possibly both. On a similar hand, Dirk Carver [1], the birthday boy, was a rich kid, from a rich neighborhood, going to a middle-class school. You did, too, but the Carvers were a bit wealthier and you a bit less conspicuous about it (due in no small part to wearing your older sister's hand-me-downs), so you weren't quite as ostracized. Still, Patrick and his friend Nolan Elva Sloan (who likes to go by his middle name for some reason) were about the only kids in your class who chose to be around you rather than tolerating your presence or whatever. Elva was a nice kid, about average, but with good grades and autism. He assumed that those were why he was disliked, but it had more to do with his [2]. He was a kid who no one really liked, but no one really disliked either. He, you, and Patrick were friends as much because of your shared social status as because of your shared interests ([3]).
The party dragged on. Towards the end, there was one bottle of Coca-Cola left, which Patrick suggested the three of you split. After the party ended, you all went home. The next day, [4]...

1. Can random name generators come up with awesome names or what?
2. What was Elva's ability that set him apart from everyone? (Really powerful abilities would make people like or at least not shun him, so nixing that ahead of time.)
3. What interests did the three of you share?
4. What caused your power taken from (presumably) Elva to be noticed?
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9