Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: And alas, the miner-turned-wererat breaks my strength.  (Read 1617 times)

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
And alas, the miner-turned-wererat breaks my strength.
« on: December 20, 2012, 11:07:38 pm »

So, I'm not one to over-complicate stories, but here's my shot.

Ducim, one of the proud dwarfs of the initial seven who embarked on a near-perfect place of Konnosazzir, was the unfortunate beholder of the sight and bite that is Jono Sogulsmige the wererat. I forgot to mention however, that Ducim was a vital part of my Dwarf military teaching regime. So I could not go on logically.

Welp, this fort was one made directly after one of my other perfect places of inebriation and revelry. And one that hit me right in the kisser, and such a proud glorified overseeing kisser it was.

tl;dr, 'Tis was a humbling experience for thine.

Hey, Pics! For those really interested in my pre-fort.

The climax of Ducim the wererat(whom was infected by prior wererat)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The inner workings of my would-be fort.

And a wonderfully crowning achievement of architecture I tried pulling off.
(See if you can guess what kind it is. Hint, obviously not the humble basalt pillars)
[/size]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:25:22 am by Bartholomew The Pious »
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: And alas, the miner-turned-wererat breaks my strength.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:59:06 pm »

That's a bitchin fort design (at least compared to my boring, uninspired holes in the ground). At any rate, a wererat shouldn't be too hard for a reclaim team to handle.

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »

That's a bitchin fort design (at least compared to my boring, uninspired holes in the ground). At any rate, a wererat shouldn't be too hard for a reclaim team to handle.
Yes, I was aiming for a touch of aesthetics this time around. And I haven't tried reclaiming before, so I'll give it a shot then
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »

It is rather nice looking.  Seems like it would be hard to secure if half the fortress was flooded or full of monsters though.  (Or flooded with aquatic monsters.)
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 03:29:45 pm »

Keep us posted with how the reclaim effort goes.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 03:42:50 pm »

Use marksdorfs if possible.  You're less likely to wind up with your reclaim crew infected too if they don't have to go toe-to-toe with the leftovers from before in order to kill them.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 01:50:24 am »

Ok can't post pictures now, but my second reclaim went well for my team not being marksdwarfs. Brought a whole set of a pair of axes, spears, and war hammers for the Six Tutors (that was my initial military plan). The werebeasties equal to bubonic plague in infection were wiped out. Everything is fine and dandy, until Summer Solstice or what not when I mistook the routinely auto-save for everything going out of whack. (I was nervous in the proposed last day of the world and all :S)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:27:22 am by Bartholomew The Pious »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 12:01:36 pm »

Well you could have made a were-rat miner military force...

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 08:50:52 pm »

Well you could have made a were-rat miner military force...
True, I could see the potential in that, and the "fun", but it may be too much fun to handle for a dabbler like me.

Here's proof of my dabbling:

Just a wee above ground fort break from all that underground wishy-wash. I can expect bigger goblin sieges to besiege that bottleneck there sometime soon, then back to reclaiming with marksdwarfs.