Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.  (Read 20035 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2013, 11:38:43 pm »

No pics or updates?  :(

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2013, 01:10:10 am »

How do you get rid of the workflow orders completely?

through the dfhack terminal, you can do "workflow disable" or something similar.  if that doesn't do it try "workflow ?" for help

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2013, 06:17:39 am »

How do you get rid of the workflow orders completely?

through the dfhack terminal, you can do "workflow disable" or something similar.  if that doesn't do it try "workflow ?" for help

It worked! Hopefully no further crashes and the goblin ambush is kind of under control now. The unhappy dwarves are not, however.

Edit: Used DFhack "removebadthoughts". This prevented too many dwarves going crazy. Given this doesn't fix the already insane dwarves, there's a background level of violence and tantrums keeping our medical staff trained from the insane dwarves dying off. This will continue for a bit. If people want me to revert, they should tell me so now. I have a save from before this happened. If people are OK I'll write up a full report.

Also the goblin siege ran into some traps I set up, and was decimated. We did lose a lot of animals from aboveground though, and some dwarves got arrows in their buttocks.

Update: There isn't a chance of the really powerful dwarves going berserk and completely destroying the fortress. However, there are still tantrums from dwarves witnessing other dwarves dehydrate themselves. We've run out of booze, so I've ordered more to be made. There's more than enough plants to do this.

I've started by redwarfing Zen (who went insane) as Zen II the Rock Butcher, a legendary mason.

I've just noticed Xom has gone pale, probably a result of being drained in the night by Archmagion. However, Archmagion hasn't moved from his post defending the entrance of the fortress with a mithril halberd that turned up (no really, apparently a lot of storage containers were forbidden because of being tossed around), as well as a mithril runecoat (also turned up) and the bone left glove of power artifact, Edosossek The Amazing Council.

Panopticon II is the head miner, legendary and sole surviving miner from the tantrum spiral.

Xom is now the Chief Medical Dwarf and carpenter, after Zen's insanity and the loss of all other woodworkers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:35:51 am by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2013, 06:23:50 pm »

Pale huh? Maybe I'm fighting an infection or something?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2013, 07:14:21 pm »

Pale huh? Maybe I'm fighting an infection or something?

Mentioned the vampire, did I not? Who happens to be the dwarf I'm dorf'd as.

I've created a backup save before the DFhack use so if people are not OK with its once-off use to halt the spiral (besides turning off workflows, and fixing migrants), we can revert.

We have quite a few unhappy dwarves around still.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2013, 08:44:32 pm »

No groans? OK, let's continue and not speak further of this.

Latest use of DFhack has been fixmigrants.

Dwarfings:

Absolutis - Militia captain. Novice Macedwarf (Rusty) but I gave you a Titanium Long Sword, because that's what was available. Your squad is The Feline Tours.
Tomi176 - Hammerer. Originally a spinner.
Snakemupagus - Overseer. You have the capability to forge many things, including weapons.
Brokenmind - FINALLY DWARFED, as a new militia captain of The Names of Silver
ZackTheGreat II - Metalsmith, given a militia captainship and a -gold sword- just in case. Also grand-daughter of the vampiric mayor.
Bloodchild - Fisherdwarf
Zen II - Diagnostician and Axedwarf

Archmagion stared into the glowing rune of seeing that had been engraved upon the floor behind a makeshift door. More of these runes had been carved into the dining hall and other highly-trafficked sections. The entire fortress would look on as the goblin invaders were skewered by traps that had been hurriedly laid out in the entrance...

Archmagion's log, 7th Malachite, Year CXVI

Today, the last of the goblin invaders fled the fortress. We've lost many animals from the aboveground pasture to the archers, but they're gone now. Or dead.

The fortress records indicate that one of the goblin invaders, injured by the traps, decided to crawl along the wall, resulting in a large number of dwarves fleeing the outside pasture. While rioting was on the decline, a number of insane dwarves resulted in the recorded deaths.

As soon as the ambush arrived, I noticed that many sections of the underground fortress were actually open to the sky, and that archers could shoot through. I quickly ordered floors to be built over the areas, but we still had some hospitalizations, and the project wasn't completed in time. However, now that the goblins are gone, work is being completed quickly. Victory over the goblins has improved morale greatly around here, but we still have some insane dwarves dying from thirst. I'm ordering a large number of coffins made from stone in order to bury the dead, and I've opened the gates.

The traps, which were placed just behind the drawbridge, will be re-arranged to allow caravans with wagons access to the fortress. The outside pasture was walled off completely from the west, and had a door installed from the east, preventing access. The cage traps there accordingly serve no purpose and shall be dismantled.

17th Malachite

Migrants have arrived! Apparently these brave souls were not scared off by the recent rioting and goblin raid, so our population is once again increased.

Panopticon II is now the Head Miner and sole survivor of the mining squad from before the rioting, taking over the duties of Panopticon.

Another development has happened: I've found a large supply of interesting weapons and armour that were on the inventory but overlooked. I've picked for myself a mithril halebard, a mithril runecoat, and a proper helmet made of welded wolfram.

8th Galena

The majority of the rioting is over. We still have quite a few unhappy dwarves, but we're making progress on that.

I've made a few new appointments:
Tomi176 is the new hammerer, a shearer.
"Brokenmind" is a new militia captain of The Names of Silver.
Dastot Fathbasen, a ranger, was appointed Captain of the Guard, and the fortress guard squad has been officially formed, named The Kingly Doors. Hopefully he will survive longer than the others.

ZachTheGreatII's soul landed in a master metalsmith and metalcrafter, and is now the militia captain of The Horns of Creation, and also happens to be my grand-daughter.

The Militia Captain of The Feline Tours, the only surviving full squad from before the rioting, has been imbumed with the soul of Absolutis. I've armed him with a Titanium Long Sword.

One of the migrants was a trader, and kept hanging around on a hill with a bunch of ghosts. I think I've convinced her to get inside, however.

I've ordered the construction of many rock hatches to cover up the stairwell opening into the caverns, and reduced coffin production accordingly. We're going to be making more beds and barrels with the help of "Xom" the Chief Medical Dwarf. I'm considering making Zen II the Chief Medical Dwarf instead, however, since "Xom" has a lot on his hands.

The drowspider: an example of the many horrors that inhabit the caverns beneath our fortress.

During the burial operations, we ran out of space along the corridors for coffins, so I ordered some new tombs dug out and designated some more miners. I think we have everyone covered now.

In terms of fortress security, the new traps are up and the outside pasture has been floored up. I have designated some burrows, one for "inside the fortress" and another for "inside the fortress and underground". If we go up to an alert level - which we may well do - we will have a choice of keeping dwarves out of the aboveground pasture area. I may well retire that section and withdraw animals underground where there's already moss growing. However, "Xom" has gone pale recently. I can't remember if I drank his blood one night, which kind of bothers me as another vampire may be present. I like to know where all of my brethren are. I will keep an eye on the situation and see if any bodies actually show up...

Xom passing a new farming area to make some barrels, strangely pale.

10th Galena

Damn hunters. I know dwarves are mortals who have got to eat, but if you look at the pile of tallow and fat we have, noted down in our records, somebody's got to draw the line somewhere. There's no need to hunt more creatures outside, yet we had three or four people outside chasing down unicorns just after a goblin ambush. Hunters are the dwarves who will keep shooting down the local wildlife until they're out of ammunition, even after they've been told to stop. I put ourselves up to an "inside the fortress alert", bringing everyone back inside the safe confines of the fortress.

Some dwarves think this isn't enough.

The newly-appointed Captain of the Guard was returning a kill at the time, and made his way back inside the fortress, but succeeded to chase one of the unicorns inside to the place I was stationed, and storing up some old armor. The result was a unicorn stampeding down the entrance hallway. Fortunately, I was at the door and cleaved the beast in half before further mayhem resulted.

I'm going to go ahead and release the fortress records from the end of Slate to the beginning of Hematite. This should tell everyone what exactly happened during the rioting.

Fortunately, no one was injured in this incident.

Press Release by Archmagion Shagrim Alucard Passagefortress, Vampire Prince and Mayor of Kormeb, "Cavernousinch"

In my capacity as Mayor of the fortress-town of Cavernousinch, I hereby release into the public domain the fortress records from the period between the 25th day of Slate of the Year 116, and 1st day of Hematite of the same year.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lots of records there, no need to comment on anything.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:42:37 pm by CaptainArchmage »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:32 pm »

Turn/dorf request.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2013, 01:46:35 am »

Can we have a list of people who died and are still alive?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2013, 01:01:51 pm »

Can we have a list of people who died and are still alive?

Keep an eye on the huge ass-post from yesterday (dated 16th January 2013). I'm going to be checking the combination mausoleum, dining hall, and unsanctioned violence hallway to see who is buried there. And the hospital; our doctors have a full-time job.

BFEL: I can dwarf you but the OP needs to deal with the turn documentation. Please define dorf name, and then your gender, profession, health, and marital status preferences in order of consideration.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:32:57 pm by CaptainArchmage »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2013, 06:38:44 pm »

Any fort with an official "unsanctioned violence hallway" is going pretty well.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »

I think I found what the trouble was. After multiple uses of "removebadthoughts" I discovered there's this repetitive thing with dwarves getting bad thoughts about drinking vomit. This despite the lack of any vomit in the water - I'd do a lot to have a well with vomit (or blood, or other unseemly fluids). The only contaminants present were mud  :o. I ran the cleanmap command but it didn't seem to have much affect besides getting rid of the beer covering. However, since then booze supplies went up.

On the note of !!bugs!!, I had a few crashes relating to DFhack, mostly on launch of the game.

I disabled autosaves, but I just saved now. Again.

We came under siege from something in the underground. We're still under siege. I build a gate down there and trapped it just to see what the hell was on. Then the antmen came... a few got splattered on the traps.

A mountain titan showed up, and ran straight into an Orc ambush. Despite being under siege, and under attack by a titan and orc ambush, we got a migrant wave... I opened the gates (they're trapped anyways) and the mountain titan pretty much destroyed the orcs, blasting them with vile gasses that knocked them unconscious. One of the furnace operators in the group didn't run for the entrance, but kept firing a crossbow at the free-for-all between Orcs and the Titan. There's now no hostile life left on the surface, and the furnace operator survived. I think I've found myself a new militia captain.

Also a talon earing was stolen. Guess its time to write some updates.

Any fort with an official "unsanctioned violence hallway" is going pretty well.

The idea is to try to keep same dwarves hovering around unhappy or very unhappy. This ensures that your fortress can survive but still have a background level of disorderly conduct against kittens and other dwarves, and vandalism to punch holes in your dining hall.

Up to 7th Timber: Looks like there's some updating to do. I'm going to go ahead and fill in the deadlist.

Done for now, I should be able to finish up the year soon. Sorry its taken so long.

Does anyone know how I can get the dump of announcements or combat logs into a text file?

Deep beneath the surface, there are enemies of dwarves within the caverns. Enemies that would make an appearance at Cavernousinch sooner than expected...

Archmagion's log, 12th Galena, 116

I've put in an order for a large quantity of booze. Hopefully, Xom will hurry up on the barrels so the dwarves who need to drink will get some. I've also put an order for beds on repeat.

Some citizens have been asking about the progress of burials and the full list of dead. It turns out that a major center for action in Cavernousinch happens to be a combination of a mausoleum, storage depot, and unsanctioned violence hallway lined with coffins. I have attached the drawings to this report along with a list of the dead.

That's the hallway just under the ground. It was exposed to the sky in some places until being roofed over.

Progress has been made on some new tombs to the north of the now heavily-vandalized dining room. The dining room was heavily damaged during the ongoing rioting; the door has been ripped out, and many chairs and tables toppled.

This excavation has hit clay, so it may be better to expand that further to the north and east for other purposes and add in some stone block constructions.

I've undesignated the junk stockpile on the surface, since we should really be moving that underground to keep the population safer.

The new staircase in the reservoir room allows access without having to go aboveground now. Notice the quantity of random objects lying around on the surface.

Finally, I've checked up on the status of our fortress, and published my report.

Official Fortress Overview, 10th Galena, 116

15th Galena, 116

We have come under siege! But from where and from what? There's only a minor report of disturbance in the caverns, and its not clear where its coming from. The stairwell has been sealed by hatches, so we should be safe. However, I'm going to order a proper entrance dug to the caverns, as we'll probably need it some time. I've also ordered the surface entrance shut, just in case.

In other news, people have been complaining about vomit in the water. Curious; there's nothing but mud at the bottom of the reservoir. I'm going to order a plumbing system nonetheless, however, as our fortress is advanced enough to deserve one. A well room will be dug opposite the new farming area.

20th Galena, 116: There were many unhappy dwarves about the same "forced to drink vomit" problem, which is probably either mass psychosis or an engineering issue with the water cistern, possibly connected with the strange rains of beer in the region. However, the beer on the landscape dried up and booze production started moving on thanks to some jobs orders I placed, so there were no further issues on that side.

7th Slate: I have designated some much-needed expansions to the fortress. The well room was dug out with space for four wells that will be attached to a general plumbing system.

We also finished the tomb section, which hit the clay soil sooner than expected.

14th Slate: Digging the expansion entrance to the cavern layer took a lot of time, but we did a thorough job. The rooms down there can now be fitted with the many beds that have been made, so those dwarves who need to sleep can do so in proper rooms.

At the cavern floor, I designated an area for a barracks, a hallway, and an intermediate room which can be trapped. After the miners were done they made a small breach in the marble.

The enemy made themselves visible... Antmen! I quickly ordered the outer set of doors sealed until we finish laying down the traps.

22nd Sandstone, 116:

With the antman siege leaving the cavern entrance, two new threat has appeared. A Mountain Titan named Osmam Atoddan Onasp arrived, a towering blob composed of grime and filth. It has two short tails and it appears to be emaciated. My great knowledge of these beings thatpredate the current incarnation of the world says this being has poisonous vapors. However, Given the fortress entrance was sealed and the creature lacked wings, I have decided to focus my efforts upon dealing with the antman siege, which is still in the caverns nearby.

24th Sandstone, 116:
The traps are laid, and I have unsealed the outer doors to the caverns. From the sounds in the caverns, the antmen are on their way back.

28th Sandstone, 116: The Titan revealed an Orcish ambush! I can hear the battle outside the fortifications right now. The ambush consists of Orc, Scout, and Berserker-type Bashas and a Shaman Shoota. The titan is attacking Orcs with the deadly gas; hopefully one or more threats will be eliminated in this.

1st Timber, 116: Holy bloodbaths, we're getting migrants too, despite the fortress being declared under siege. The Orcs are busy fighting the Mountain Titan so I've ordered the gates opened. We have traps at the surface entrance to deal with any orcs who make it out of the battle.
2nd Timber, 116: The Mountain Titan is assaulting the orcs with its deadly gasses, which appear to induce unconsciousness. The migrants are making their way over the hill close by the battle, but neither the Orcs nor the Titan are leaving their battle. However, a Furnace Operator armed with a javelin thrower is hanging around near the battle, taking shots at the Orcs!

In the cavern layer, the antmen have begun their assault on the entrance. The mason, Tirist Earthquaked (Berushrir), is engraving in there, but the door is locked so the antmen cannot proceed further.

4th Timber 116: The antmen continue to battle the traps down in the caverns, while the Furnace Operator, Deler Cugganrash, fires shots at the Orcs and Titan on the surface. The other migrants are mostly within the entrance tunnel. The battles run simultaneously.

A thief somehow made off with a +Talon Earring+ yesterday, with all the battles raging around and migrants pouring into the tunnel. That better not be one of mine.

Archmagion's Log, 6th Timber, 116

The battle outside is over. The Orcs are all dead, and so is the Titan, slain by the Furnace Operator Deler Cugganrash!

The migrant wave has made it with no casualties whatsoever!

We're now up to 85 dwarves, and have some booze.

Official Fortress Overview, 6th Timber 116

We're still under siege from the antmen, and I'm wondering whether we will be visited by the caravan this year if we cannot be rid of them. The siege is underground, and did not prevent the arrival of migrants. I will do what I can do clean up the surface and get rid the remaining invaders.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:34:21 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2013, 02:57:16 pm »

I think cavern sieges don't stop surface stuff, even though the siege tag still pops up.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:48 pm »

I think cavern sieges don't stop surface stuff, even though the siege tag still pops up.

Thanks.

I'd brought this up before with cavern sieges @the new release. People said that it wasn't implemented. How wrong they were. How wrong.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2013, 10:13:50 pm »

In vampiric activity news, another farmer has gone pale. Exactly how often do vampires feed? I'm seriously considering the presence of another vampire in this fort. Brace thyselves, large report incoming...

On the surface, a horn blast rings out of the beer-soaked landscape. The dwarven caravan has arrived! Their fully-laiden wagons rumble across the surface, followed by soldiers clad in runerobes of welded mithril, cobalt, bismuth bronze, and gold, and wielding sharpened scimitars, battle axes, pikes, and massive hammers. Accompanying the caravan is the Outpost Liason, Oddom Kilrudakrul.

Meanwhile, deep beneath the surface, the remains of the antmen siege finally flee the trapped corridor leading into the fortress of Cavernousinch, vanishing into the darkness of the caves. Their ranks are shattered, and some have been caged.

In the heart of the fortress, a new squad of dwarven miners hews out hallways and rooms according to the plans of the vampire mayor. Grand plans...

Lord Archmagion Shargrim Alucard's Personal Journal, 16th Timber, 116

Victory is ours! The last of the surviving antmen are fleeing into the depths. I shall now send a military force to retake the trapped entrance and seal it off until proper defences can be installed.

The caravan of dwarven mortals is now making its way into our fortress. An assessment of our supplies indicates we have plenty to trade with them. The Outpost Liason also accompanies the caravan, so hopefully we can place some orders of supplies for next year.

A few Leprechauns have been sighted in the area, and I've just had a report that one ran into the entrance, and through our weapon traps before being caged. The weapon traps inflicted a number of inexplicable injuries upon the creature, detailed below.

According to my immortal self's understanding of biology, this shouldn't be physically possible.

I have been invited by many dwarves to take a closer look at the creature's situation, but I declined in the greater interests of my sanity. Some vile forces must be at work in this place, and I must seek them out to destroy them.

I have included in the drawing the status of the courtyard. Our masons have been churning out stone blocks and I put some to use to make a protected area for farming aboveground plants. Extra stories on top of this construction could form a defensive tower.

Again, another mortal dwarf, Kikrost Poisonsack (Inrusfath), a farmer, has been found pale. Again, I am uncertain of whether I drank this particular dwarf's blood, but with the alcohol shortage at an end it should be possible to locate other vampires.

Locations and levers have finally been labeled! The task was far simpler than one might expect; the Unsanctioned Violence Hallway has finally been given its deserved name.

To deal with the lack of any sort of proper housing for our 86 dwarves, I have designated many rooms and a palace for certain lucky dwarves, complete with a jail. Work on the plumbing is expected to begin in due time.

The new palace is on the right of the drawing. Dwarves are already moving in.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:19:15 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]