Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.  (Read 19582 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 04:32:09 am »

I'll have a quick look at the raws and creatures, to see why the cult master wasnt revealed. But this quick... with that small amount of dwarves... I have to say, we are doomed. Luckily, I am already dead.

This is sooooo rare... cultmaster has a pop_ratio of 35. Normal dwarves 52000. Legion 2300. With all the other castes one dwarf in ~500 triggers the cult. ^^

I have a request to make of firons then. Instead of re-dwarving me, go for a fountain of eternal youth, "meditate upon life" till you get a lifemancer, and raise my shambling corpse back on duty. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I like the double-walled design of the bedrooms... and the fact that we have forges. And I am surprised by the fact that we have stone-stockpiles. ^^

EDIT2: My netbook cant even run this... whenever I load the save, it closes DF. Dont know if it is my virtual memory, or a corrupted download, because of the slow internet. So... good luck firons :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:02:19 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2012, 06:32:10 am »

Ill begin immediatly and for how long do i roll ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2012, 07:08:26 am »

One ingame year is the usual. And try to check the unit descriptions... one of dwarf with no text description is the cult leader. Safest would be to simply kill all of those ^^

Or check the therapist and try to see if you can find the caste there, but I think I did hid them... ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2012, 09:00:28 am »

As one of the dwarwes walks out to see where all this ruckus on a peaceful day of spring is coming from he suddenly hears "Its raining beer! Halelujah! Its raining beer!.. " and so on. The fisherdwarwes having set up their nets and lines are enjoying the sun. And beer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quite a lot of migrants arrived to the sacred land where beer flows! We have jumped from 17 to 41 people!

Now to work you lazy bums!

Excerpt from a book of some Godlysockpuppet:

As i was walking to get some fresh mountain air on 1st of Slate on 114 is saw it.
Something shining in the entrance of the fort.Something suggesting the shape of a wardrobe.
And in all that shining two red pinpoints.As it came close to me i got a better look at it:
A huge "man" of brass with muscles like watermelons, hands like grain mills.And as that was not enough he has a hammer.
The sort of hammer that looks like if it would slip and fall it would make me into a working item for the tannery.
Very close but just a bit infront of it is Astesh Banik its master.
She looks very small and weak even for a dwarf but the in the presence of the golem that does not seem like a problem.

End of excerpt.

Zack! How could you do this to us! You and your smelly carps! Youll bleed on the end of armoks holy spear!

Astesh you too! *Screams of pain* The golem! The golem!
Suddenly 6 dwarwes pounce on Astesh. Screams of rage and pain come from the ball of fury but Astesh is no War savant.
She dies. The golems eyes suddenly change from red to green and finnaly to blue.

On 7th of slate the foolish cultists have been struck down.

The one named Tomio quickly surveys the pile of things best left undescribed. He steps in something mushy and oozing red liquid.

Now were at 36 people. There are bound to be less after the medical work. A few animals are gone.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:33:33 pm by firons2 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 09:39:19 am »

Sikel the Witch of Unholiness, deity of lies looked upon the fortress...

"These fools. They think killing acolytes will save them. But it is the cult leader that is recruiting more and more of them. If he is not found, the entire fortress will be overrun within the year.... not that this wouldnt suit me... he... he..."

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:00 am »

Check the picture before the last one is it not the leader?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 10:04:37 am »

Oh, you are absolutely right. The fortress is saved :)

How did he show up ? Did the ward of armok work after all (only way) or maybe there was some kind of delay ?

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 10:06:17 am »

I aint sure about no ward i asked for armoks help in the temple again and they popped up
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:08:51 am by firons2 »

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2012, 10:14:57 am »

Were working in the forwards direction!

Dwarwes grab for their noses as Panopticon walks near. She smells of death and miasma.
The cultists mustve made her rotten.Thompsk shouts:
We need soap! Quickly!

Cheif medical you cant sleep now! There are wounded!
I have to change Zen from Cheif medical because he is wounded and theres another one with more experience. Ill change you back later. Probably  ;D.

Phew Panopticon only mildly suggests the smell of a dump because of the new medical.Only her breasts (?) are rotten.

Now it is summer after the cultists it was uneventfull. Except that a piece of the cavern collapese becase of some previous overseers shoddy planning  :P

More migrants (yay?) arrived at 24th hematite 114

Godly sock puppet is gone ;_; Come back now friend!

And a mutant faedog killed like 5 brave troops. A moment of silence friends.

An loose page reads:

The fortress is crumbling as i write this.They do not like what is happening.
The faedog was too much. These dwarwes need rest we need to block off the surface world.
But the overseers do not listen to me. I fear that i will not wake up my heart in the hands of a madman.
*splatters of wine and something that could be blood*
Dont forget me.

Thompsk
                                                                                                           2nd Galena 114
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:39:03 am by firons2 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2012, 10:18:25 am »

I aint sure about no ward i asked for armoks help in the temple again and they popped up

Ah, perfect. Everything works better then expected. :) I guess zack was not near the temple the last time xominxac tried this.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2012, 11:42:00 am »

Autumn has come hold the fort together dammit!

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2012, 12:24:27 pm »

From a small scrap of paper found in the river:

Tomiol was consumed by madness. We will mourn him.
He was dangerous so he got put into a room with other madmen.
I hope i will not end up there. Remember me.

Thompsk
                                                                  21st Limestone 114

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2012, 12:26:41 pm »

What the! Crash in mid game!

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2012, 12:49:50 pm »

Oh wow its late autumn and i have screwed up magnificiently. Tantrums deaths and other bs is ensuing. Itll take a real good overseer to fix this. If not then screw my progress and someone will need to start from xoms save file

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »

What the! Crash in mid game!

Was it a crash coinciding with the arrival of the autumn caravan?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10