Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.  (Read 20021 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.
« on: December 22, 2012, 07:16:27 am »

Titles says it all, the mod got an update and like every time there will be an official fortress for the version.  Who wants to be an overseer, is there an interest ? If I do have at least 5 people we will start :) 

First Round: xominxac
Second Round: Firons2
Third Round: Panopticon
Fourth Round: CaptianArchmage - Currently active
Fifth Round: Godlysockpuppet
Sixth Round: black47
Seventh Round: BFEL
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:25:14 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MasterworkDF 2 Succession fort. Who is up for another round?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:41:36 am »

Like how much do you have to be good at Dwarf fortress? Because i would like to play but im afraid that ill lose fantastically.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:34:33 am »

Count me in.

Edit: If also possible I would like to have the doctor/jack of all trades, named: xom.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:51:41 am by xominxac »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:40:06 am »

And the three great deities sat down together and converserd.

Speaking for the good was  Ogred, the deity of food, fertility, agriculture, the rain, nature, the sun, the sky and oddly enough, suicide. One can only assume that in that case suicide means a glorious self-destruct lever in a fortress far away...  the evil in the world was represented by Sikel Unseenpoisons the Witch of Unholiness, deity of lies. Keeper of the balance between these two is the higherst dwarven deity of them all, the god of labor: Ikul Pokeyegged the Creamy Theatric Bunnies of Artifice.

"We shall tesssst these puny mortal dwarves, and sssssend them on a quest to pleasssse us godssss...." hissed Sikel. "We will all contribute from it... they will labor for you, oh mighty Ikul... they grow food, multiply and pray this way to you, Ogred... yessss"

"Yes. We shall send them a message, requesting a holy pilgrimage and the construction of a great monument."

"I agree. The other races with their detestfull gods grow stronger as they labor every day, coming closer to our pantheon. You have my support."

And so the god-witch Sikul was sent to the dwarven king, to appear in a dream and speak to him of great honour, great rewards... without knowing what the god of lies really planned.

The next day the king set down with his most trustworthy advisors. Preparing for the holy quest he was gathering information about the land and possible settlement spots for what was to lie ahead. The dwarven kingdom, The Volcanos of Conjuring, lead by King Tekkud Chasmblazed IV. was not the only civilization that had settled here.

The Confederations of Brew, Humans
Pray to: Giki Shingledpadded, the deity of dance, music, festivals
Ruled by: King Penoc Righteouslone, never married.

The Rock of Tin, Elves
Pray to: Capi the Growth of Blossoms, deity: rebirth, creation, birth
Ruled by: Princess Fidale Smiledkiss, never married.

The Deep Terrors, Drows
Pray to: Vothu the Terrible Mist, deity: chaos, darkness, the night, nightmares, dreams
Ruled by: Matriarch Menoru Tenaciousmidnights the Shady Lucid Plague-Devourers of Attacking, never Married

The Scourge of Demons, Automatons
Ruled by: Father of the machines; Ummur Dreadfulticks

The Devils of Deciding, Goblins
Ruled by: Chief Olngo Fiendishevils

The Thief of Spring, Frost giant
Pray to: Polta Growlcombats the Strong Standard, deity: war, valor, strength
Ruled by: Titan Marh Shadowblade the Fierceness of Skinning

The Disloyalties of Play, Warlocks
Ruled by: Shadowmaster Alesm Drilledhex, Inherited from father, Never Married

The Slippery Monsters, Orcs
Pray to:Raslost Felinelaces the Everseeing, Howl of Deities,  happiness, revelry, song, poetry, fate
Ruled by: Clanlord Bax Midnightsuppers

There are also some kobold tribes scattered around, doing their usual shenanigans.
Shalathrayker, Kobolds
Praying to: Lradabagrabis, deity: luck
Grisheelbis, Kobolds
Praying to: Krostibis, deity: laws, oaths
Plukreegus, Kobolds
Praying to: Lrilidisheembis, deity: murder, death

On a far away glacier another thread loomed...
The Temptation of Punching, Frost giant
Ruled with iron fist by: Titan Neslu Perfectionlancers, the Frenzy of Slaughters

And in the depths of the earth, countless antmen and batmen colonies wage war against marauding troglodyte groups and small gremlin tribes.

The different empires looked upon showed this:

1483 Warlocks
   769 Orcs
   1101 Drows
   1103 Frost giant
   681 Dwarves
   1678 Humans
   2098 Elves
   241 Goblins
   559 Kobolds

A couple of dozens of red X on the map kindled the kings interest. He pointed at one at random "What is this place?"
""The Haunted-Mine of Suicides", a cave. Sir, we dont speak about it, Sir."
"Oh... ok.  And the rest?"
"All caves sir. Similar to this one. They serve as lairs for beasts, Sir."
"But... how many can there be, I have never seen a great beast myself."
"Sir, according to our reports there are at least 100 titans and 80 true megabeasts alive"
"..." "..." "...they cant be all that bad?"
""Screamshafts", lair, 1 beholder outcast... "The Strange Deep", lair, 1 ogre outcast... "Ghosttwilights the Ashen Tomb", lair, 4 dusk creature outcasts... "The National Sewer", lair, 1 umber hulk outcast...  "Bonecrypt the Ghostly Graves", lair, 1 man of evil outcast..."
"ENOUGH! I undestand what you are saying. We should probably stay far away from those places, I get it"
"Yes, Sir."
"And.. we have a national sewer?"
"Apparently we do, Sir."

"Anything else I should know?"

"Budbottles", hamlet
Owner: The Group of Dying, humans
Parent Civ: The Playful Empires, humans
20 humans
"Probably a kind of hippy suicide cult of the humans. I dont really know what they are up to these days... taking up elven hamlets and all that."

"Bothereddrove", town
Owner: The Group of Yellowness, humans
Parent Civ: The Confederations of Brew,
Inhabitands: 13 kobold outcasts
"This is a human ghost town, they abandoned the settlement long ago. Caravans reported it is now used as a kobold camp"

The Band of Flowers, humans
Parent Civ: The Playful Empires, humans
Inhabitants: 309 humans, 1 vampire lord
"The drunken, partying humans are being ruled by King Righteouslone, never married. There is also 1 vampire lord in their capitol. Keep that in mind when doing business with their caravans. Bloodwine is probably a fitting gift."

"Roadscar", our mighty Mountain halls
Owner: The Chaotic Torments, dwarves
Parent Civ: The Volcanos of Conjuring,
Inhabitants: 9 drows, 412 dwarves, 32 landmines, 2 prototype golems
"Our Mountainhome, Sir. We also rule over 4 smaller cities, and  "Daggerabyss", a fortress in the south."

"Ok, let me summarize this. We shall send forth a small group of settler on a holy mission into... THIS? Our allies are a drunken vampire king, praying to a god of dance and festivals... A elven princes named Smiledkiss, who probably never did anything usefull in her life... and a seriously freakish drow matriach. I dont even know why we are allied with them, they probably backstack us at the first opportunity and gnaw on our corpses or something.

Never minding the small goblin tribe, we go against... a Titan calling himself Shadowblade the Fierceness of Skinning, Clanlord Bax of the Orcs, who seems to be some kind of philosopher, the Father of the Machines and his Automaton Empire, 1500 messed up warlocks and a couple of hundret megabeasts. And that is not even counting the civilizations that lurk under us in the deep.

All this to fullfill a promise I made to the gods themselves."

"Yes, Sir"

"Jolly good then, lets get to work. You will lead the group."

"Ye... What?"

"You heard me right, now of you go. Have fun."

"But... I dont even know what the holy mission is, that you have been mentioning all this time"

"I'll let you know when you established yourself in Bronzewicked."

"Bronzewicked?"

"Yes. Your new home. Right now it is not much, just another X on the map. But you will get there"

And thus a group of sturdy dwarves was called forth to conquer the world... well, at least to complete the holy quest. The unknown, but yet very holy, quest. Meph and six so far unnamed dwarves are sent forth. Well, 5 unnamed peasants, and one even slower learner... but apparently good at making randged weapons. So, who is in for a journey ? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 10:55:29 am »

I'll take a miner/mason (preferably male) named Artimaus. I might take a turn later on
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 10:57:14 am »

Dwarf me in. (possibly as a male dwarf, indifferent on the rest)
I'm just downloading your new version btw so...maybe overseer in a distant future.
Maybe.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 11:05:03 am »

I want to be a male dwarf named Thompsk .And i could be an overseer too like maybe the 3rd one or something.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:12:41 am by firons2 »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 12:40:03 pm »

Could you dorf me as the doc?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 01:00:37 pm »

On the way to armory Meph met his new companions. Three of them immediatly run off to collect food and drink for the way, but the others shared a moment of their time.

Artimaus
Male, Miner/Mason.
A big guy that one. He is a good miner and mason, bringing along his copper pick, and his girlfriend, who is also a miner. These two will strike the earth and build a foundation for out fortress.

Shadenight
Male, Bowyer Savant. All kinds of odd jobs.
Caught staring at the wall, he appears a bit distracted. His hands are fumbling on his shirt, and his lips are moving silently... when confronted, he starts blurting out calculations about flying bolts, crossbow mechanics and bow strength.

Thompsk
Male, Chief Med. Dwarf/Bookkeeper.
Airing more authority then the others, this dwarf brandishes glasses and a finer suit of clothing. He is clearly used to work indoors behind a desk, and not on woodcutting duty or patrols...

Meph
Male, Legion Dwarf. Sword/Shield/Dodge
Leading this band of colonists, he carries an ironbone shortsword, a kiteshield and a full set of drakescale armor. Will help out with any job at hand, but is mostly responsible for security.

He shows the others the map, with their location marked. Luckily the planned fortress has everything one can hope for. Running water, a flat, easily defended terrain and lots of trees to fell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Ok, lets pack up, boys, and be on our way. The sooner the better. Lets see what we got here... 2 mastiffs, check. 4 hens, check. And this:"

"Good, food, drinks, seeds... drakescale for an early armor, my sword... what the? what is this?"
"A Dragon egg!" beamed one of the dwarves.
"Why?"
"We gonna hav a giant firebreathin beast for guard'n!"
"You fool, those dont hatch. They are from the kitchen, the only thing they are good for is omelett."

The seven, officially called "The Conquerers" by the court, started their journey. Ahead strode Meph, to make sure the caravan was safe. He was the only armed and armored dwarf in the group.

- 3 weeks later -

The caravan had reached the marked location, and upon arrival, the very first thing they saw is this: (Yes, these are unicorns. 7 of them.)

Notes: I am in summer, all good. 3 migrants, for those who want any. Master Stonecutter/Mason/Engraver, a fishcleaner and a crossbowdwarf/high master leatherworker. Sorry zen, the doc is already gone, but I could wait for a doc-migrant, and I will dwarf you.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 01:16:32 pm »

6 unclaimed dwarves
miner/mason, female
farmer/brewer
jack of all trades, exped leader
master stonecutter/mason/engraver (he also mines, has a black bronze pick)
high master leatherworker / crossbowdwarf
fish cleaner

Could I have the "jack of all trades, exped leader" since the doc was taken? Named: xom

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 02:46:15 pm »

I will take the bronze pick guy, call him brokenmind.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:43 pm »

Mh...  I am in autumn now, do have a fully steel clad dwarf with steel twohander. A master archer, every metal producing building, discovered first cavern, could deploy magma traps (using the blood of armok gem) and my dwarf, Meph, killed a sauropod with 2 strikes.

Another wave of migrants arrived as well, some really good ones. But I discovered a couple of bugs, and currently I am more modding then playing. I think it would make more sense to first upload the bugfix (sawmill is broken, parts of ammo caster, crucible, alchemist missing...) before starting a long succession fort.

What would you guys say if I work another day on a bugfix/balance patch, and xominxac starts with round one ? We can keep the story opener, I haven posted much from ingame anyway. :)

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 04:54:56 pm »

Yeah im okay with that . You should start wiping them silly bugs. Ofcourse if xominxac is ok with this.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 05:50:00 pm »

Can I be the Expedition leader, please?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 05:51:50 pm »

Mee :D Dorf me also. Weaponsmith if possible!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10