Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about the Mod Manager? (3 max)

I like the Slap Graphics and how I can pick out any pack that is supported
I like the Settings, change aspects of the mod at will
I like the Tileset Changer
Slap Graphics could use some more work
Not enough settings (if so, what?)
Tileset changer has some flaws (suggestions)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13  (Read 70729 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MAJOR]: <)(Regeneration: Forced Evolution)(> V1.5 out 14/08/13
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2013, 11:40:48 pm »

Progress will be on Pause or very slow, Please report any bugs or suggestions here.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:08 am »

i just downloaded the newest version and will let you know if I find anything. Im going to give the humans a try.

Edit: Well i found an error. When trying to create a new world the game spits out "cannot find "regen_critters.png" I think it is a naming issue as when I look in the raw file there is a graphics_regen_critters.png im going to change it to see if it fixes the problem.

Edit: Its not a naming issue, the file i found is a txt file and i dont seem to be able to find a png file.

Edit: The file manager grphics folder has the required file, i suppose the manager didnt copy it over.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:50:34 am by Stronghammer »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2013, 11:59:08 am »

which pack did you use?
Phoebus
Obsidian
Spacefox
etc..

This could be my error of not placing that file where it should be (some might have it, others will lack it) was kinda in a rush to get it out, and that is a game breaking error (as in DF will refuse to run if that image file is not where it wants it to be)

I might not be able to upload a fix, but it's relatively simple, whichever pack you found this error happen go into:
<your df directory>/manager/rootRaws/graphics/
and copy the file "regen_critters.png" to the
<your df directory>/manager/<graphic pack>/raw/graphics/
folder. This will stop it from giving this error, and if you genned a world already just drop that file into the saves raw/graphics/

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2013, 07:26:37 am »

I downloaded the prepackaged version and could not get the Mod Manager running at all. I'm using Windows 8. :(

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2013, 12:29:55 pm »

wow been gone for awhile, sorry for the late reply. I compiled the Mod Manager on Win 7 pro, but I have a friend with Win 8 so I can try and do some platform testing there.

Been really busy with College lately and several other Java projects aswell

I know if you want to play the mod in ASCII since the Mod Manager is broken you can find the modded raws in "manager/rootRaws/objects/" and copy them to the main "raw/objects/" that is the ascii version.

Do you get any errors that pop up when trying to open the ".exe" or it just doesn't open at all?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2014, 09:00:45 pm »

New update is out of DF so I will be looking into working on this again. But I have a few fluff things to work on like the OP being a bit of a mess, so will probably redesign that for ease of reading,

Then try to port my Mod Manager to Java so that more OSes and PCs will be able to use it. (porting won't be too hard, I have to logic done in C# just need to transfer that to Java)
If not I can always just update the .NET version and include an ASCII dl, will be thinking of other ways to allow the procurement of graphic packed versions that don't involve me making many DFFD listings or cramming one DL full of extra size (noone likes massive DLs)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]