Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

3 Votes per person

Make all Ammo generic (any gun can use it) (piercing, normal, cutting)
- 11 (20.8%)
Start working on Wildlife (Surface)
- 15 (28.3%)
Make Hostile Civs have castes for added FUN (Jumpjet troopers, granadiner)
- 15 (28.3%)
Start on Cavern Wildlife
- 9 (17%)
Work on item pricing (most furniture is just 50 credits)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (v1.2)  (Read 15288 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
snipped
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 02:07:30 pm »

--Snipped--
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:09:03 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
snipped
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 02:58:53 pm »

--Snipped--
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:09:16 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress, RTS (WIP) V1.0 with more FEATURES
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »

Toxic and I have been reworking this mod quite a bit, it's now in a development stage were we have 3 1/2 factions and hoping for a 4th

We have Canada, Germany, and Russia with mutants in the caves. Next we are working on Japan and trying to get custom weather effects to happen so we can make the setting more fitting. Also redone the Clone system to a method that is a bit more agreeable and less micro manage-y. To be precise it's no longer clones but more of test tube babies (in a sense, it's a human replicator)

The setting was altered to all the great nations that could manage space travel could escape Earth before the nukes ravaged the world when the Cold War went south (US and Russia unleashing death everywhere) nations that didn't have any means of space travel stole plans from America and Russia in anyway they could and made a mad dash to build their Arks, the other counties that couldn't manage this or lacked the resources simply sought refuge underground.

200 years later, America has Established and managed to transform Mars into a semi life sustaining planet. It has quite a ways to go, and with the growing population which is also combined with their close ally Canada (which also includes Britain) segregation was created years ago splitting people up by country, racism and other forms of hate was abolished only to be replaced with a new form of hate, Nationalism.

Since America was kind enough to make enough vessels to ship Canada (and Britain) to Mars they felt that Canada now had to go out and colonize somewhere else, as room on Mars in the domes was growing crowded people had to leave. Canada lacking any resources (and only being given an allowance was still not enough to terraform another planet, at least not enough to quickly setup sustainable living commodities for a whole country) so the only option to get enough resources is to return to Earth and brave the devastation to get these resources.

So there is still an RTS element in that you mass produce citizens (if you get enough replicators you can be at pop cap 50+ in the first year) of course they are all children but humans grow up in one year and thus can begin to contribute to the fortress, reason I allow mass production of humans is the very first ambush/siege can be very devastating as guns are very OP and hostile Snipers can kill most units in one shot, if you happen to get invaded by Germans and Russians they will most likely rip each other apart since everyone is fighting for the resources on Earth, sadly gun production is a little hard to do atm since you need steel to make guns and steel making tends to be a bit hard right now. But you could embark with steel bars and simply exclude food and drink because you can setup mass fabricators and have strand extractors run them to produce rations and water, also it's good to embark with cotten seeds, as they are a nice and easy way to make trade goods.

Humans have no emotion because people die so often as that is the point of an RTS and a tantrum spiral just makes no sense as they would simply kill themselves off (would make it a rather difficult RTS if your units just up and kill each other) some features like machinery or special buildings are taking a bit of time to manufacture and getting the game play down to something tolerable and manageable is getting there aswell.

No download yet, just an update on what's going on.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TC]: Dwarf Fortress, RTS (WIP) In production, prototype download
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:46 am »

This mod sounds pretty cool, i will have to download and give it a try.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 02:25:34 pm »

The prototype DL is the old one where you play as the Ensign and get attacked by the Federation
transform motorized pullers into 1 database and as many vats as you can, and watch your fortress make clones.

The newer one that I hope to release with be more user friendly (transform one thing, rest automatic, even children are noble and war ready right away) the prototype way has too many steps, making the RTS experience a bit harder then it should be.

right now there is a bit of an odditiy with migrants bringing human replicators with them as pets, so some micro management will be needed only just to get some pullers turned into replicators. After that no fuss they will just start producing units. Every 6 months more units will be made, and a year from that those units will be ready for combat or work or noble positions.

Would be working on it, but doing some magic for Regen

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 07:48:04 pm »

Yeah; have been working on this quite a bit, it's going to be fairly interesting on release. 
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [TC]: Dwarf Fortress, RTS (WIP) V2.0, Prototype-ish
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »

ok I uploaded V2.0 now, mainly you play as Canadians, but at some point I might make a launcher thing that lets you pick what civ you can play as when you gen a world (only thing that will be different is gun names, and languages (sadly I can only make 4 seperate factions using the ITEM_THEIF, BABYSNATCHER, and UTTERACNES + the normal "good" faction.))

Decided to release V2.0 even if it has some bugs (idk what yet) because I'm really busy with building a 3D game engine in Java

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TC]: Dwarf Fortress, RTS (WIP) V2.0, Prototype-ish
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 04:47:25 pm »

Wooot, I get to play as my home land.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (WIP)
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 03:03:30 pm »

I am currently completely remaking this in a new setting, one close to Westwood's tiberium dream (Command and Conquer, Tiberium Sun/Firestorm, Renegade) where the world is advanced in technology, but somehow still relies on ballistic type weapons and good old fashion machines. Can read up the story and details in the OP, don't have a Download out yet (current one is where you play as canadians, fighting germans and russians).

Short go of what this mod will start with once I finish up this final race:
-Materials, Items, and upgrades will all be purchased with credits
-Credits are generated from collecting crystal shards (plants), cutting down crystal spires, making rock blocks and tossing them into a recycler, also if willing to have some units waste their time you can invest in a flux generator (or several) that have a chance to produce free credits (percent chance and takes time)
-System in place for mass unit creation (breeding)
-All units mature in 1 year it simulate "recruitment and conditioning"
-No mandates/demands
-No Emotions

As for future plans I'll have to edit to OP to include a full list, but there is quite a bit to add yet. But for a start this is the briefest of summaries, the main weapon of choice would be guns and armor types will be coming in at some point due to the fact that I still have armor materials that can be traded for or embarked with. I'll also reenable hunger at somepoint maybe before the first release.

Edit:
First release is up
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:59:17 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: [TC/RTS]: Dwarf Fortress, Command & Conquer (v1.0)
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »

The official release of V1.0 is out, no longer is it in alpha. Changes made from alpha to v1.0

Made Turrets
Made reaction to transform motorized pullers into turrets
Upped the amount of replicators made from the reaction from 1 to 5
Made 4 Cyborg castes
(normal humanoid,
cannon and ripper,
cannon and multi lock missile launcher,
dual chain cannons and rocket lanchers)
Made upgrade reactions to turn normal soldiers to cyborgs
Ability to stamp credits which are worth more to purchase higher end upgrades and items
Recycler and the construction computer terminal now require no building materials

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 07:02:55 pm »

I take it the Scrin or any variation will not be making an appearance? How do you plan on handling Tiberium?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 08:35:36 pm »

I did originally have this as GDI and NOD (The Alliance being GDI and the Federation being NOD) and the Krog are my version of Scrin, at some point when I get this all hashed out it will be as simple as renaming some things to stick with the entire CnC lore. But right now taking my own spin on it (would this class this as some sort of fan fiction mod?)

As for Tiberium right now I have it as "Crystals" which act like trees and plants giving that feel of it regrowing and constantly have to harvest it for credits.

and back on the Scrin since the Krog are the unofficial version I kinda have to leave them out since I based this off of the tiberuim sun era since I really enjoyed those cyborgs and the concepts for them. But took my own spin on it because if you really wanted you could have all the ghost stalkers and cyborg commandos that you wanted.

EDIT:
also going to be starting a game really soon with the mod here
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:42:59 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 02:25:05 am »

I see, and will the 'crystals' grow in thickly like it does in C&C? And will it be deadly to infantry without proper protection against it? What about other strains, or are you going to just stick with the common green tiberium?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 11:41:37 am »

Right now 'crystals' grow very thick, it just depends on how good your herbalists/plant gatherers are in which how much is harvested, trees or "spires" are the easy chop it down and done, crystal shards (plants) you need 5 to create credits so starting off your inexperienced gatherers will be slow for the harvesting.

Other strains and afflictions are possible but not high on the to-do list right now. Since i'd like to get some more fauna in (Tiberian Fiends, Floaters, vein hole monsters(or just Visceroids), and Tiberium crabs) just so embarking you're not waiting for invaders to come (which the only invader you can encounter fast is in the caverns)

As for ifflictions it's as easy as adding in "imposter" poison versions so when cut down/picked explode in  gas that effects the cutter/harvester. And evil/good zones will have different crystal strains (good will have green and blue, evil green, blue, and red) red being the most expensive.

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 08:37:15 pm »

Well, I can safely say I'm interested. I've always loved the world of tiberium. If you like the idea having the Scrin being able to spread tiberium to new areas would be an interesting dynamic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4