Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demonic Monster Thingy Temple  (Read 1218 times)

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
Demonic Monster Thingy Temple
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:01:24 pm »

"After taking in input from sensible people, instead of strictly being armok related, the main thing would be, it would be a huge monster located at the heart of the temple, you must disturb it at its temple, and possibly be an advanced worldgen option. There would only be one of them, in a single temple created in a random location on the surface, in a particularly barren area. Or in the underground, connected to the surface by a ominous blood soaked cave. Possibly it could have hordes of thralls and husks, or demonic creatures protecting it. If desired, there could be a prize located at the creature itself, consisting of either useless gold and trinkets, or possibly you could just loot the armor and weapons of the previous victims. I will edit and improve as I go."
  In hindsight, yeah this was sub-par. I pretty much tried to come up with something because I was just bored, didn't turn off the junk filter. :P Those are valid points.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:07:42 am by Werehuman »
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Arch-Priest of Armok
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:31:47 am »

Armok doesn't exist in-game.

So...yeah, this would just be a really weird and out-of-place megabeast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:12:15 am »

But, since it's often thought that the player is Armok...then this is like a Design it Yourself megabeast.  Yeah, that sounds cool.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:16:45 am »

But, since it's often thought that the player is Armok...then this is like a Design it Yourself megabeast.  Yeah, that sounds cool.

I never consider the player Armok believe it or not, at least not officially. Though this is supported in that Armok's place in the game is never supposed to be defined.

My current theory is that Armok is a reference to the "Slaves to Armok" canon where he does exist. One world among infinite.

Which is where the suggestion sort of gets a no from me: Armok as far as his involvement in the game, if any, is supposed to be (at least for the moment) vague and ill defined.

The second issue is that Megabeasts are not just very powerful beings they are big giant monsters. A Megabeast level being is a "Power"

Helari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 01:10:15 pm »

I never consider the player Armok believe it or not, at least not officially. Though this is supported in that Armok's place in the game is never supposed to be defined.

My current theory is that Armok is a reference to the "Slaves to Armok" canon where he does exist. One world among infinite.

Which is where the suggestion sort of gets a no from me: Armok as far as his involvement in the game, if any, is supposed to be (at least for the moment) vague and ill defined.

The second issue is that Megabeasts are not just very powerful beings they are big giant monsters. A Megabeast level being is a "Power"

Armok's domain is creation and destruction of universes and relishing the despair of his followers.

Really armok has the biggest involvement in the game, being the player who is the creator of all other gods and guides avatars and dorf followers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 03:23:27 pm »

Armok's domain is creation and destruction of universes and relishing the despair of his followers.

Really armok has the biggest involvement in the game, being the player who is the creator of all other gods and guides avatars and dorf followers.
The idea that the player is Armok isn't explicitly stated nor particularly agreed on; even so, that just makes an "Arch-Priest of Armok" even sillier, because it's a creature somehow worshipping the player.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 03:45:53 pm »

This is a good idea, but it would make a lot more sense IMO to have it called The Demon King or something other than a priest of Armok, for the reasons others have given.