Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 11: Endymion as Agartha Won - Link to Playlist of my Videos  (Read 45723 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Game Finished

GAME NAME: Bay12GamesRound11
ERA: Early Age
MOD: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.94
MAP: Land of Ethereal Squirrels
Time Allowance: 48 hours
GRAPHS: Off
HALL OF FAME: 15
RENAME: On

PLAYERS:
Akhier the Dragon hearted - T'ien Ch'i
ThtbLovesDF - Pangaea
Kebooo - Niefelheim
Bluerobin - R'lyeh
Waterplouf - Ermor
gman8181 - Lanka
Karlito - Sauromatia
Endymion - Agartha <-- Winner!

YouTube playlist for my viewpoint of the game

Previous rounds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7&7.5, 8, 9,10

Spoiler: How does MP work? (click to show/hide)

Useful links:
The wiki, with loads of useful information, including strategy guides. Keep in mind that as a unit/spell/item reference might not be compatibile with modded game data.
Dom3 on Shrapnel Forums

Llama Server, which is the automatic hosting server for our game.
Llama Server's map and mod browser

Shamelessly stolen fromv ScriptWolf who stole if from Palazzo :P ( with his say so* )

*referring to the orignator known as Palazzo in reference to the original theft by the one known as ScriptWolf, The OP does not claim any legality to his theft until approval is or is not given in the future.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:55:48 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 11: Looking for players
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:46:14 am »

I vote for CBM (for mod).

I have very little playing expierence in EA, but its more fun to die to dwarfy humies then to AI afterall.

For race, I'm unsure... I'll let others make there grabs first and just play whatever.

Pangaea : )
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:04:15 am by ThtblovesDF »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:53:45 am »

Welcome to the game Thtb! I hope its as fun for you as I hope it will be for me.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »

I'm interested, assuming I can find a way to download the game again. I ordered it from Gamersfront 2 1/2 years ago and I don't see how to download it from them anymore. I've long since lost the install file. I still have the CD-key though.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 06:24:38 pm »

Here is hoping you can get it working for you. If you want I can add you to the list now or instead if you want to wait till you know you can play then I will wait till your sure you can play to add you.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 07:28:43 pm »

So I was interested in trying this game, but it says it's been discontinued on their main site?  What gives with that?

Edit:  Ah wait I found it.

http://www.illwinter.com/dom3/index.html

You have to go there
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 07:31:05 pm »

Here is hoping you can get it working for you. If you want I can add you to the list now or instead if you want to wait till you know you can play then I will wait till your sure you can play to add you.

I got it, so I'm in, no preferences as of yet.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »

Cool, its always nice when something like that works out. With this we are half way to the minimum number of players though we don't have any suggestions for a map yet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 01:27:06 pm »

Ok, sure why not, I'll hop in here. I'm going to vote for CBM as well. I'll take R'lyeh, Abysia, or Marverni.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 01:36:17 pm »

Interesting nation choices Bluerobim. I added you to the list though I must point out to everyone, we still don't have a map. It would be nice to know as maps can help determine how many players we should wait for, are we on a small map and need fewer, or are we going big and want to wait for a good number?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:36 pm »

I like Elmokki's maps. The Realm of Rampaging Roaches is good (78+10, good for 6-7 players, one underwater, link) and Streamlands is pretty interesting (93+10, good for 7-8 players, one underwater, link). We could go with one of the default ones too, though. I'd say it might be good to keep it to 6-8 players, just because it starts getting hard to manage more players once turns get long.

Edit: Oh, there the Land of Pareto Efficiency as well, good for 5 players, one of which is underwater, (link) if we end up with fewer than 6.

Edit2: I think I'm going to pick Marverni. I really like EA R'lyeh, but I want to try out the druids.

EditTheLast: Oh, and one more map: Small Divide. This one's 65+13 but not a wraparound like the other ones. link
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:07:18 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 07:06:30 pm »

As for maps, I hate looping maps - fine with anything else.

I'm not very good at EA, as said, but pangaea has really strong default units, so I'll be fine for a while, right?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 12:53:20 am »

I don't really have a preference on the wrapping maps though the small ones are really trippy sometimes. Its mostly a wash of likes and dislikes overall with them because of strategy and such. I like the equal footing that they give with no one being in the "center" but they can be confusing to figure out and are I have a suspicion that they are harder to make balanced. I will check the maps Bluerobin suggested that are not wraparound and see what I like.

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 07:26:09 am »

I think I am interested to join as EA ermor, even though I kind of slow down playing videogames and I am still into the dom3 round 9. As for the map I always wanted to try streamlands, so add my vote to this one and I don't mind which mod we play.

P.S: how much time are you planning the hosting interval ? 24h might be a little tight for me, but I don't want to slow down the whole game.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:28:14 am by Waterplouf »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 07:34:17 am »

Welcome to the game Waterplouf. I was planning on 48 hour intervals right from the start as I know at the least I am new to multiplayer and a few others probably are as well though I would hope that the first few rounds go relatively quick. Also if you ever need more time just post here and I will try to make sure to give you an extension. Oh and if we end up playing on waterstream (which seems likely as its the only map with a vote, will check it out later) then we will probably wait for 7 players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47