Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod pack, polls and suggestions/feedback.  (Read 1158 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Mod pack, polls and suggestions/feedback.
« on: December 26, 2012, 09:11:34 am »

I wanted to invite everyone who cares to vote here MasterworkDF Thread to ensure new modding endeavours.

If you want to see some feature you invented, or think is possible, please post it. I am always curious with what people can come up :)

The modpack is getting bigger and bigger, and I was wondering if I could/should do a thread here, in general discussion as well. "But wait Meph, this is not the mod section!" you might say. But the modpack does include not only a mod, but also a Settings.exe in the style of the LazyNewbPack. It supports several tilesets, and surpasses the LNP when it comes to bugfixes and FPS. Yes, the mod increases FPS by standardizing many naming categories and removing unnecessary item counts. There are two playable races atm, dwarves and orcs, and in future an addition of a kobold version is possible. The same is true for optional mods that can be enabled/disabled with only one mouseclick. Currently Fortress Defense is one of those. I could possibly add other such mods, for example Xangis Fear the Night on an optional basis.

I dont want to intrude here as a modder, but I think that this could be an alternative to the LNP. LNP being the pack for people new to DF, and MDF being the pack for people new to mods. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Mod pack, polls and suggestions/feedback.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:36:29 am »

I'd definitely support adding Fear the Night as an optional addition to Masterwork, I think it'd be a great fit.

You could also see about adding Iv0ry's race pack, though it has orcs which would be a bit of an overlap - but you could still use the other three races.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 04:05:28 am »

I've noticed that people seem to think you're magic because of how many people started playing mods with Masterwork, hehe. Of course, I think some newer modders may feel the same about me, but you get more bug reports :P so it's a bit more noticeable with you.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 04:16:27 am »

Kobold Fortress might make me play Fortress Mode, if simply for the sheer absurdness of it. :P

Adding Fear The Night as an option would probably be a good idea, though there's really no reason not to have it on. Because better funnier vampires/werecreatures are so cash.

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 11:26:52 am »

@Thuellai: Fear the Night is already included, but currently non-optional. I just thought it would be nice if you could sort out entire mods and all their content with one click.

@Putnam: Yeah, I dont know where that comes from. I honestly rather have everyone knowing what is modding and what is impossibe magic, then I wouldnt have to turn down 3/4 of the suggestions I get. And thanks for answering questions, whenever something comes up. I mean, you are among the people who taught me to mod ;)

@bloax: Why absurd ? It is hard mode, no stone digging... only surface and soil levels. That chances the game quite a lot. AND it is moderatly easy to install it into the GUI.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 03:35:19 pm »

Absurd as in "ahaha I'm playing as cute little kobolds! Praise Kurtulmak!"

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56:56 am »

No Circus raiding with kobolds? I am disappoint son.

oh_no

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 02:10:14 pm »

It's possible in theory. You just need a surface cave, two cavern links, and a fortress within a small enough area to embark on. Finding an area like that is going to be rather tricky.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 04:30:32 pm »

Finding it is easy. Not the cavern links, but the caves at least... problem is that they still cant enter the circus, they would have to find ores leading directly into candy. Or a candy spire in the third cavern...

But we are sidetracking.

My question is: Will I be lynched if I start advertising a mod in the general section, or not ? :P After all, it is the LNP for mods... Lazy Mod Pack, lol ^^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 07:54:34 pm »

I disapprove, but do what you want...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 12:36:43 am »

If you want to, sure. Lots of people swear by Masterwork, and it's practically a new game in and of itself.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 12:39:18 am »

Well, from what I saw in this thread, it wouldnt make a lot of sense. Even disregarding the content of any message, everyone who posted here is a familiar name from the modding forum anyway ;)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 12:41:09 am »

...Huh. Even me?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:32 am »

Sure. You with your 16239 posts are not exactly a person in need for a "lazy newb pack for mods"