Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69054 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.
« on: December 27, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »

Prophets of the New God
An RTD Of Biblical Proportions

You, a resident of the fair land of Tezelom, had been living much like any other person of the time - you got by, survived in this cruel, unforgiving world through means you deemed acceptable and effective. However, no matter how you lived, you were always lacking in one thing - enlightenment. It was a hole in your very soul that you barely noticed was there until one fateful day - the day you found God. Not just any god, definitely not one of the gods in the temples. The God. The one true God that would guide you with words of wisdom and entrust you with a holy mission - to spread His word and His faith to heathens of which you were one until very recently.

You will be met by great darkness, ignorance, possibly even outright hatred. But you will prevail. Your God has ordained it, and He is the greatest support a man could ever have.

Onward, prophets. Spread the word.

Spoiler: The Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The New God (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prophet Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Miracle System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prophet Progression (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:55:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Profile Of The New God

The New God, also known as Aulana the Terrible, Mo'kar the Teacher and Ash'Mah the Serpent to some of its followers, is all-knowing, yet free with knowledge. It apparently has a good, if dark sense of humor, but also possesses a vengeful streak a mile wide. The New God is also quite greedy.

The New God likes water, loves alcohol, approves of gaining knowledge, likes gain and seeing unbelievers and enemies of the faith burn like the scum they are. It dislikes war, hates enforced monogamy, disapproves of people who would withhold knowledge, dislikes waste. It also hates disobedience.

Active Prophets

Spoiler: Phiali Heavenchanter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gronok the Old (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizas Hi!kok Bagon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shashari (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lars the Shepherd (click to show/hide)

Inactive Prophets

Spoiler: Sejena the Temptress (click to show/hide)

Waitlist

1. AKingsQuest - Razeos

2. Innsmothe - Kain of the Frozen Desert
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:25:24 am by Harry Baldman »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, you're starting this! Writing app now!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No rush. You've got three days, so make it good. Selection process is that my favorites get in first, after that it's first come, first serve.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

*le gasp* A Harry Baldman RTD? I got this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Let's do this.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

P.S.: I'm really starting to like odd names that can be shortened to common names.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:59:57 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Oh, I'll have to get the Prophet Lars in on this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Elizas Hi!kok Bagon
(! is pronounced by clicking the tongue against the roof of your mouth. It's actually a fairly common constant in certain African dialects.)

Pre-enlightenment Profession: Royal Court Musician
(Entertainer: +1 to using vocal arts to appease to people.
Casanova: -1 to resisting the allures of beautiful seductresses.)

Story of Enlightenment: Elizas was a prized court musician of King Wallo of West Africa. He was showered with wealth, women, and wine. And boy did he love the latter two. He'd indulged in massive wine binges during post-performance feasts and got extremely intoxicated, wandering around the palace in a drunk stupor. His drunkenness drew criticism from the local holymen, especially since he'd bed many women during his intoxication. (Some of these "women" even seemed ambiguous of gender. Or age. Or species.) This criticism and dishonor caused Elizas to drink more. In his most drunken state that he'd ever achieved, he fell asleep and came into contact with God. God fortunately agreed with Elizas, telling him that alcohol was the purest of nourishment to the body, and all his critics were hypocrites, as traditional marriages set before hand were actually blasphemous to the true God. Elizas asked God why he, a humble musician who simply wanted happiness, had to struggle. God replied that it was because he was teaching his earthly creations to get a sense of humor. When Elizas woke up, he had become enlightened. He rush to the court to tell everyone of the news, and was promptly booted out of the Kingdom. Disillusioned, he continued on to find a new kind of people who were willing to see the truth, and after many months, finally came to the land of Tezelom.

Suggestions for the New God: God loves alcohol & and despises traditional, monogamous marriages. He has a good, if sometimes dark, sense of humor.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:07:42 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are no reserves. See reply #3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Name: Phiali Heavenchanter
Former Profession: Soldier
Backstory: Phiali was once a mere soldier from a distant land. You can tell that he is not from Tezelom by his green hair1 and very dark skin. He was sent to attack a neighboring land from his home, far to the south of Teselom. His regiment was slaughtered, but Phiali survived; he didn't know how. Phiali awoke in an oasis, far from the jungles he was raised in. He followed a voice; he learbed the True Teachings. Phiali took his daraje2 and snapped off the blade, leaving it behind to rust. Phiali hiked north many moons, until he founf Teselom, the Chosen Land.
New god: Vengeful, Likes water, Dislikes war

1Dyed, if you prefer realistic hair colors.
2A spearlike weapon with a blade more like a sword's and a curved haft; typically used to combat mounted enemies.

Advantages and Disadvantages:
Toughened: +1 to rolls to avoid dying.
Saved: +1 to rolls involving faith.
Moved: +1 to rolls involving speaking, when telling the truth.

Foreign: Xenophobes will distrust Phiali.
Pacifist: Phiali will never intentionally start a fight or hurt anyone.

Everything OK?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:24:36 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damnit, miauw, I was gonna make a blacksmith. My other idea was a sinful woman for extra hardcore mode. So, yes, it's time for;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't worry, I won't go over PG13 despite her old profession. If you want the god to be unnamed, I can remove that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:54:46 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh, I'll have to get the Prophet Lars in on this.

Prophet of the God of Nude Arson.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everything OK?

Yes. And I do prefer realistic hair colors.

If you want the god to be unnamed, I can remove that.

Like I wrote in the OP, you can name your god whatever you please and call it whatever you please, just show it proper reverence and respect its ways.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Wait, are we all worshipping the same god or different gods?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same god. The one true God, whose personality is shaped from all five players' suggestions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60