Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 67350 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 45 - The Great Escape
« Reply #435 on: April 21, 2013, 02:56:25 pm »

I'd just like to say that I was imagining that chase with Benny Hill music.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 21, 2013, 03:07:15 pm »

Try tapping it again. Try to determine what is moving. Try to determine if it is a good thing that is moving.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 21, 2013, 08:04:44 pm »

"Greetings, travellers!  May I trouble you for directions to Kilnipom?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 21, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »

((Oh this'll go wonderfully.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 22, 2013, 12:03:42 am »

The lacerated man looks at you with dissatisfaction.

"Good luck with that."

"It's actually where we're coming from."

"Escaping from, to be honest."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 22, 2013, 08:17:57 am »

Lars was a bit taken aback by the revelation, but he couldn't hold back.  He had a Holy Quest to complete.

"Er, right, so it's that way then?  Will this road take me straight there?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 22, 2013, 08:33:11 am »

"Er, right, so it's that way then?  Will this road take me straight there?"

"Yes."

"Indeed."

"Are you a pilgrim?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 22, 2013, 09:37:08 am »

"Ah, many thanks.  A pilgrim of sorts, yes.  I was sent by the One True God to combat the temple of heretics there, and do something about the affront to Him that is constructed there, as well as assist the faithful already there."

Poor Lars should keep his mouth shut sometimes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 22, 2013, 09:45:05 am »

"Ah, many thanks.  A pilgrim of sorts, yes.  I was sent by the One True God to combat the temple of heretics there, and do something about the affront to Him that is constructed there, as well as assist the faithful already there."

"Not a Kezilamite, eh?"

"We're kinda faithful to one god or another. At least I am, I'd say."

"Hey! I'm faithful as well! I just haven't slapped anyone yet!"

"Could we not discuss this right now?" the leader grumbles. He then mutters something to the effect of "hurm, didn't even get to stab him" to himself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 22, 2013, 09:51:50 am »

"Oh?  Are you servants of the One True God as well?  Perhaps you are or know the faithful I am looking for?"

This raises an interesting point- how are the prophets supposed to recognize each other?  Given the prophet-personal God-points are different, there may be confusion.

Beyond that, how would one prophet know what the other prophets had contributed to the God liking?  I'm assuming Lars would get props for, say, praying in water, but how would he know that IC?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 22, 2013, 10:10:48 am »

"Oh?  Are you servants of the One True God as well?  Perhaps you are or know the faithful I am looking for?"

"We serve this Master Assassin guy! He slapped Azikim and scrambled his face with a single blow!"

"Ancient fart, but a total badass. Although that dance was a bit goofy."

"Bastard ruined my credibility for life. Avoid the scumbag."

This raises an interesting point- how are the prophets supposed to recognize each other?  Given the prophet-personal God-points are different, there may be confusion.

Beyond that, how would one prophet know what the other prophets had contributed to the God liking?  I'm assuming Lars would get props for, say, praying in water, but how would he know that IC?

Aside from divine revelations, you don't actually recognize other prophets unless you find that your beliefs are highly similar. And all of the prophets have a slight glimpse into God's nature, being prophets and all. You technically have an intuitive grasp of what God likes and what it doesn't from your vision of revelation that made you a prophet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 22, 2013, 11:11:43 am »

"I... see.  Well, I thank you for your help.  I'll keep that in mind."

Head on up the road toward Kilnipom.

Does that include the bits that aren't relevant to our input?  So Lars might have an inkling that drinking, stealing, teaching, and water are all Good Things?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 22, 2013, 11:15:55 am »

Does that include the bits that aren't relevant to our input?  So Lars might have an inkling that drinking, stealing, teaching, and water are all Good Things?

In a word, yes. A faint inkling. As do the others as well.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 46 - The Importance of Regular Sleep
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2013, 12:47:40 pm »

Turn 46 - The Importance of Regular Sleep

Gronok decides that it's probably time to leave this filthy, terrible hole of a town. He heads out to the southeast, hoping to get to someplace better than this. With Onon in tow, they head out to assuredly great adventure, leaving the terrible town behind and heading for new and promising horizons.

The trip is rather uneventful, though going direct southeast does mean he needs to trudge through the woods. Rather unpleasant, that, but he and Onon both make rather good progress. And they don't even run into ravenous bears, sociable apes or anything of that sort. Must be because it's daytime.

However, soon enough the sleepless night of tireless walking catches up with Gronok, who feels like his legs are made of lead and his eyes are barely capable of staying open. Dear gods, one should not avoid sleeping nights at his age. And it's in the middle of the woods, no less. Good times.

Phiali taps the well's mechanism again in the same way, listening for what exactly might be the problem there, aside from the obvious evil spirits dwelling within.

He gets the feeling that it might be the mechanism (possibly composed of some manner of possessed gears) that's moving slightly. How it is moving or what exactly is it doing, it is quite difficult to say. He'd probably have to dismantle the thing to perform a proper exorcism or even a demonic diagnosis.

Lars bids the helpful band of strangers farewell and heads toward Kilnipom, getting there within three hours or so.

Kilnipom is a quaint little town, with dismal hovels of wood built in an unnecessarily slum-like fashion covering most of the landscape. However, their terrible state is made all the worse by the bright white, austerely constructed marble temple towering over the nearby area. As in, it's five stories tall rather than the one to two stories that most of the other structures possess. Certainly looks like a wretched hive of ignorance and darkness to Lars. Optimum prophecy ground, one might say.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 46 - The Importance of Regular Sleep
« Reply #449 on: April 24, 2013, 01:02:13 pm »

Well, better get going.  Lars wandered right up to the temple steps, and faced whatever crowd of peasants he could see.

"People of Kilnipom!  I come before you to bring word that this so-called temple is an affront to the One True God!  The heretics that have built this sham must be driven out of the city, lest the cleansing flames consume you all!  For our True God is vengeful, and is displeased that the people are following the false gods!  Soon will come a culling, and our God culls... with FIRE!

Repent now or be burned by his fury!"

Go to temple and get self killed preach fire and brimstone.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 60