Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69101 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 46 - The Importance of Regular Sleep
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2013, 02:12:36 pm »

Cover self and Onon with leaves and sleep, relying on camouflage to keep us hidden.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2013, 03:34:52 pm »

"Hm...let's try something different."

Locate the rope/chain, see if I can untangle it from the mechanism.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2013, 07:40:00 pm »

((I didn't post last turn since I was thinking about what to do in a situation like this. Hmm...))

Elizas walks to where Gezerim is being seized and decides to fount his disguised persona as an official. "On the authority of the king, I demand you set this diplomat down!"

Bluff the guards!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2013, 07:43:01 pm »

((I didn't post last turn since I was thinking about what to do in a situation like this. Hmm...))

Elizas walks to where Gezerim is being seized and decides to fount his disguised persona as an official. "On the authority of the king, I demand you set this diplomat down!"

Bluff the guards!
This will go well.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2013, 08:12:41 pm »

About as well as me preaching on the front steps of the Kelazimite temple!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

About as well as me preaching on the front steps of the Kelazimite temple!
You can probably deal with 6 armed guards with swords with your 5 MP.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2013, 09:52:19 pm »

Assuming I get rewarded for setting the first one on fire, I can set the second one alight too!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 25, 2013, 12:01:43 am »

((More or less the same boat as TMC. Read turn, began contemplating actions, forgot about turn, noticed new turn. Damn it!))

Assuming I get rewarded for setting the first one on fire, I can set the second one alight too!
((Chainflame is the favored spell of the newly wrathful God's true followers.))

"Wh- hey, wait! Don't fall in there! GOD MIGHT NOT SAVE YOU IF YOU FALL IN THERE!"

Try to make sure they don't tumble straight into the river.

((Also I hope I'm not pissing God off by not letting people fall into the river. Which, in turn, makes me wonder if his love of burning heretics applies to drowning them.

...maybe he's really into Viking funerals for still-living heretics. Hm...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 25, 2013, 11:19:05 am »

((I didn't get rewarded for setting those two people on fire, so what 'first' one are you talking about?))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 25, 2013, 12:47:42 pm »

((I didn't get rewarded for setting those two people on fire, so what 'first' one are you talking about?))

((He means that he could use God's Wrath to set one guard on fire, then use the point he might gain from it to set another one on fire. Starting from 5 MP, that would leave him at 1 MP at the end of it. And you didn't get rewarded because you A) set converts on fire, B) set them on fire when God didn't particularly enjoy that kind of thing.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2013, 01:10:11 pm »

((He means that he could use God's Wrath to set one guard on fire, then use the point he might gain from it to set another one on fire. Starting from 5 MP, that would leave him at 1 MP at the end of it. And you didn't get rewarded because you A) set converts on fire, B) set them on fire when God didn't particularly enjoy that kind of thing.))
((Oh.))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2013, 10:02:18 am »

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

I'm wondering what a divine knowledge request for "How do I get out of this mess?" info would result in.  "Sorry, you're boned, I'll still welcome you in the afterlife though!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 47 - Must Have Taken A Wrong Turn
« Reply #462 on: April 27, 2013, 02:47:46 pm »

Turn 47 - Must Have Taken A Wrong Turn

Lars figures there's no use in messing around and heads right up to the temple steps. Fortunately, there is a bit of a crowd standing about there already, talking about something called the "Trial of Amaliz Teze". However, the gossip of unbelievers is not what today's performance is about. It is about the unbelievers themselves, soon to be one of two things - converted or burned to a crisp.

[Charisma roll: 1-->5]

"People of Kilnipom!  I come before you to bring word that this so-called temple is an affront to the One True God!  The heretics that have built this sham must be driven out of the city, lest the cleansing flames consume you all!  For our True God is vengeful, and is displeased that the people are following the false gods!  Soon will come a culling, and our God culls... with FIRE!"

... and a dramatic pause...

"Repent now or be burned by his fury!"

Some of the gossiping people turn to Lars.

"You're in the wrong town, moron!"

"Yeah! We already have a temple of Kezilam! It's right behind you!"

"So no need to preach fire and brimstone at us, we already converted!"

"And Kezilam's a she, you dolt! How could you get that wrong?"

"Well, I'm hardly surprised. He's here instead of Ginipim, after all."

"I remember that back in my day, a priest like that wouldn't have made it past the first trial! Those were the days! Now they'll let any idiot preach fire and brimstone at temples!"

Gronok, barely able to stand now, goes for a bit of camouflage to protect himself during the perilous afternoon in the forest.

[Camouflage roll: 1-->5]

He lifts up a pile of fallen leaves with his ancient and tired arms, then softly collapses face-first into it from exhaustion. He falls asleep instantly.

Some hours later, he wakes up to the feeling of something crawling on his foot. It looks to be a squirrel! Fortunately, it is easily scared away. And it didn't even ruin his boots or reach his actual feet. How fortunate. He rubs his eyes and looks for Onon.

Huh? Where did he go? Gronok can't see him anywhere.

Phiali, summoning up all of his mechanical knowledge, looks for a rope or chain to pull on. That's how you fix things, right?

Unfortunately, the rope, chain or whatever seems to be missing, and is nowhere to be found. Clearly, whatever problems this well has, they are manifold like the wisdom of God. Not to mention brutally annoying like petty heretics.

Elizas decides to flex his lying muscles and try to get pseudo-Gezerim out of trouble. He strolls up to the scene of holy peacekeeper brutality and exclaims loudly.

"On the authority of the king, I demand you set this diplomat down!"

[Bluff roll: 6-->4]

The guards jump back from the man and look as innocent as possible, a movement they have clearly learned through vast experience in the field. Pseudo-Gezerim, having been tackled, searched and otherwise disturbed, doesn't seem too eager to get up yet.

"A diplomat, sir? This man is a diplomat?"

Elizas is not deterred by the questioning, and lays on the seeming competence and soberness on thick.

"Yes! And you are currently in the middle of ruining a great many plans of the king, a fact that shall not be appreciated by the true authorities of this city!"

The guards look quite confused now.

Shashari, noticing the combined ball of the Siren and the filthy heathen rolling toward the river, shouts and runs after them.

"Wh- hey, wait! Don't fall in there! GOD MIGHT NOT SAVE YOU IF YOU FALL IN THERE!"

[Shashari intervention roll: 4]

She runs toward the river and gives the aggressive heathen a swift kick while he is otherwise occupied, successfully distracting him from the grapple and stopping the rolling ball.

[Grapple: Siren vs. Crazy, Filthy Heathen: 1 vs. 1-1]

The two men stop fighting for a moment and stare at Shashari. The Siren slightly distances himself from the heathen.

"Well, now you've ruined the moment and the mood. Are you happy, shrew-heathen?"

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:48:42 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2013, 03:44:48 pm »

Well, I guess I'd better look after my flock. God wants that, right?

Gronok explores the surrounding area for Onon!
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 27, 2013, 05:17:36 pm »

"Yes, because I've stopped some filthy hog-heathen from drowning himself along with my disciple. God hates waste, you know.

Now then! There's the little matter of you being a Godless heretic standing in The One True God's Prophet's way. Surely you know some water sprite couldn't possibly be a God of this river. Has she even given you any visions? Any miracles? Mine has, of course.

And look! I've both tamed a ram and gained a companion with a beautiful singing voice using the power of my faith. All you've done is tucker one and nearly drown yourself with the other."

Convert heretic. Or maybe just mock him some.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 60