Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 67366 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Turn 51 - Greatest Enemy of the Glorious Revolution

Gronok, for once, remains completely silent, taking Onon with him as he travels to the unknown city to the southeast. He tries to commit the enemy's features to memory, but manages to only get a handle on his voice, as his features shift in memory to the point of unrecognizability.

Nevertheless, the two men move through the woods, Gronok leading the way with remarkable quickness, seemingly animated by an unusually strong purpose. Moving as quickly as they do, they are out of the woods by evening. Before them is a plain, vast in size, but there is hope - standing on a hill as they are, Gronok and Onon can see for quite a distance, and what they see in the distance is a city. Instinctively, Gronok knows that this is the city they are looking for. It is at least twenty miles away at the bottom of a deep valley, and it's getting dark. Not to mention that both old men, Gronok's divine inspiration notwithstanding, are rather hungry and thirsty by now.

Phiali, lacking in sharp implements to make trees bleed more efficiently, looks for a sharp implement in one of the decrepit houses.

Unfortunately, there are very few implements in them at all - some forks, a spoon and a knife, all of which are rusted and dull, are all he finds. Damn these people and damn their terrible, extinct ways!

Elizas, having resolved this entire Gezerim mess, goes off to look for some place that might present him with pleasures of the alcoholic variety.

Fortunately, there is at least one such place around - a rather seedy establishment located next to a ruined temple named "The Temptations of Azlippus". Seems like there's plenty of alcohol within, judging by the smell and the sound of happiness coming from within.

Alcohol successfully located!

Lars tries to agitate the all-too-willing crowd to tear down the temple some more. After all, there's strength in numbers!

[Lars charisma roll: 2+1]

"People of Kilnipom!  Behold what awaits those who stubborn cling to their false gods!"

"The One True God has commanded us to act! See how you all live in poverty, while these liars and heretics live in opulence!  We have been commanded to tear down this monstrosity!  We must go in there and take back what is rightfully ours!  Smash down the temple, burn those who do not repent, and kneel to the One True God!"

However, the masses don't seem all that excited about the prospect of endless class conflict and the righteous redistribution of wealth.

"It's a rather nice temple, actually. Why don't we live in it instead after redecorating a bit? Dab some paint here and there, and then you'll have a den of debauchery suitable for a true disciple of God."

"And they still kind of have really sharp swords. And not all of us can conjure holy fire at will. Perhaps a better plan is in order?"

Oh dear! Reason, the greatest enemy of the most glorious revolution!

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Lars sighed inwardly.  These people were certainly fickle.  Perhaps it was best to push that off till later...

"Obedience is a top priority!  Clearly we must first evict the hateful heretics inside and put those who do not repent to the torch!  It doesn't have to be HOLY fire- regular fire will work just fine!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

While I'm in the houses, look for other receptacles for water.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elizas dynamically enters the shady building. "I bring the word from the true Lord!"

Elizas enlightens the patrons and workers of the establishment of the existence of the God of polygamy and alcohol.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Say Onon, do you have any foraging experience?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say Onon, do you have any foraging experience?

"Not from the last 20 or so years I don't."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:33:51 pm by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Hazutiim? Certain things?" Shashari asked, matching the heathen's volume for the second part. She hoped he wasn't talking about the river, which was to say she hoped he was so she could defeat a heathen water-sprite in glorious combat.

Glorious nonphysical combat that didn't hurt much, that was.

Follow whatshisname to Hazutiim.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In that case, we shall have to rely on luck and Mo'kar's grace.

Look for food. If succesful, eat. If not, climb up a tree and sleep 'till the dawn.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 52 - New God, Same Stuff
« Reply #503 on: May 12, 2013, 02:09:49 pm »

Turn 52 - New God, Same Stuff

Lars, feeling the favor of the people slowly slip away from his grasp, tries to intensify what he believes are the most important points of today's agenda.

[Charisma roll: 5+1]

"Obedience is a top priority!  Clearly we must first evict the hateful heretics inside and put those who do not repent to the torch!  It doesn't have to be HOLY fire - regular fire will work just fine!"

"Oh, right. We pick up torches, obey the commands of God right now, do the whole Kezilamite "let's burn everything" routine for a bit, and then we're free for limitless debauchery forever?"

"In a word, yes!"

"Alright! We can do that! Everybody, get torches!"

"Torches, everyone! Get torches! Kezilamites got long robes, very flammable!"

All the villagers run off in their own directions, the entire village abuzz with activity. In but a scar the entire peasantry of the area has arrived, each one bearing a flaming torch in hand.

"You have to love religious conversions that use the exact same articles of faith!"

Large-scale conversion performed! 1 MP gained!

Since they lack any sort of sharp object that isn't a rusted piece of useless trash, Phiali takes a theoretical step backward and just looks for a less terrible bucket instead.

Fortunately, there certainly is one of those lying around. Phiali picks it up. Ah, made of copper, looks like. Not particularly corroded, practically unused, even. Makes sense, since it was stashed in a locked chest in a locked closet inside a house which was also quite locked.

Luckily for Phiali, wood isn't known to stay durable for very long periods of time in damp weather, and he is very thorough.

As he looks at the copper bucket, he can't help but admire the workmanship. It's heavily ornamented, covered in reliefs of various burial scenes, and you could even call it a masterwork creation if it were not a, you know, bucket. Then again, maybe it's not a bucket at all and merely looks like one, and is actually something more prestigious instead. Like a receptacle.

Yes, receptacle sounds much better. Phiali, beaming with pride and fulfillment at this fantastic find, takes the bucket and skips back to the well. And it's not just that he feels accomplished, either. It's something more. He feels he's done a good thing by thoughtlessly stealing this potential heirloom.

Treasure stolen! 1 MP gained!

Elizas, seeing that there is a fully equipped hive of free living right in front of him, walks right in.

He comes to the conclusion that it is indeed quite the seedy establishment, no doubt about it. It is dark, dank, smells of booze and full of carousing individuals. Just the sort of place he was looking for.

[Elizas charisma roll: 1-->4]

He starts yelling in the middle of the crowd

"I bring the word from the true Lord!"

"Yeah, Azlippus!"

"Azlippus! Azlippus!"

One of the staff bangs a rough wooden club against a wall.

"You there! Shut up! No invoking of that name! We already narrowly avoided getting shut down, I won't have you bringing the Kezilamites here again!"

"Then why don't you change the sign, you twit?"

"That's been the name of this place for 80 years, and I won't change it now, by... um... yes! I won't change it!"

"The temple's been demolished for five years already! You even burned the icon!"

"Look, we can either talk about it until I have to beat you to death in a blind rage or you can shut the hell up already!"

The other guy remains silent, effectively ending the exchange.

Shashari is intrigued by the words of the heathen, though the overall strangeness of them is also a bit off-putting.

"Hazutiim? Certain things?" she asks, the last bit in a whisper.

"Yes, follow me."

"I get the feeling this will be strange."

Whether Shashari ignores the words of the Siren out of more important things on her mind (such as the defeat of a heathen water-sprite) or simply because they are brutally obvious is unknown, but she does trail behind the heathen like a hound as he leads her through the dense woods. After a bit of wandering they come to a clearing.

"We are here!"

It is an odd place, to say the least. It appears to have a tree in the middle of it, and a strange-looking tree at that. But the strangest thing is, Shashari can't quite put her finger on what exactly is strange about it. It's just... off, somehow.

The more obviously strange thing in the clearing are several rather interesting pieces of rock - seven in total, standing in a circle around the tree.

Witches.

Gronok, having ascertained that Onon does not possess any skills relevant to this situation, tries to forage on his own.

Fortunately, there is a berry bush providing an ample bounty for the two of them right nearby. After the two pilgrims help themselves most generously, they sit down on the plain and reflect on the bounty they have obtained.

"Those were some good berries."

"Indeed. Mo'kar provides!"

Gronok looks up at the purple, swirling sky and the faintly shivering moon. Oh yes, Mo'kar certainly provides.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 12, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

Well, let us get some rest. We'll be at the city tomorrow, after all.

Climb up tree (with Onon's help if necessary), and sleep 'til the morn.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 12, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

"Wait...stealing is rewarded? This is...interesting."

Fill the recepticle, fill the bucket with the recepticle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 13, 2013, 08:46:44 pm »

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"Well done, children of the New God!  Now we must fulfill our purpose!  Take your torch and bring cleansing fire to this heretical abomination on the land!  Forward, brothers, and CHARGE!

Lead a charge into the temple!  Generally set things (and especially any Kelizamites) on fire- see if I can get a torch for myself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 13, 2013, 08:50:52 pm »

"Azza-who? No, I speak of the new true God who was contacted me! Let me tell you of his greatness!"

Elizas pulls out his gutair and improvises a song about why everyone should worship the real God who will make the drinks tastier and eliminate STDs.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 13, 2013, 11:42:15 pm »

"Huh. Well, looks like I was right to look around...

Um, but yes! What's here, and where's Hazutiim?"

Inquire about destination.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 14, 2013, 07:43:01 am »

PTW. Why not.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 60