Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69024 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 53 - The God-Mob
« Reply #510 on: May 15, 2013, 01:42:47 pm »

Turn 53 - The God-Mob

Gronok looks at the spot where Onon was a second ago. He isn't there anymore. All Gronok can hear is giggling coming from seemingly everywhere.

"Well, let us get some rest. We'll be at the city tomorrow, after all," he tells the moon, who seems to have stopped shivering.

"Not a problem, buddy," he says, winking. Gronok walks up to a nearby dancing tree and starts to climb.

[Climbing roll: 1-->3]

The tree throws him right off and looks at him sternly.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? I don't know about where you came from, but in my day people didn't just jump on the first stranger they meet. They had standards, you know."

Gronok would answer if he wasn't too busy trying to fight off the pain lizard currently biting his head.

"Get out of here, lizard! There is nothing for you here!"

"I beg to differ! There's your head! It clearly isn't ringing quite enough! Let me fix that!"

The lizard slithers into his ear and invites all of its friends to a party, line-dancing on his gray matter until it's all jumbled up and disjointed. A crooked-looking ogre strolls up to him.

"Whoa," it wisely observes as Gronok's eyes spit lightning at him.

Phiali considers the fact that he seems to have been rewarded for stealing this amazing bucke-erm, receptacle. He heads to the well and fills the receptacle right up, then pours the rest into the bucket that's full of holes.

Naturally, the bucket, being full of holes, lets most of the water right out in a matter of minutes. How interesting.

Lars, seeing that his flock has gathered and is ready to burn these ungodly heathens, leads a charge into the temple after grabbing a spare torch from one of the mob members. It's time to burn stuff!

"Well done, children of the New God!  Now we must fulfill our purpose!  Take your torch and bring cleansing fire to this heretical abomination on the land!  Forward, brothers, and CHARGE!

Heading into the temple, the group finds about 5 guards standing right next to a priest of Kezilam, who appears to be wielding a large sword. 55 villagers against 6 representatives of Kezilam!

"What is going on here?" the priest asks, visibly surprised.

"Change in management!"

[God-Mob vs. Guards and Priest: 5+2+1 vs. 1+1+1]

The guards charge into the mob thoughtlessly, hoping to suppress them like on any ordinary day.

Unfortunately for them, this is hardly an ordinary day. Extremely unfortunately for them, they are wearing ceremonial Kezilamite temple guard robes.

After the five are quickly set on fire and thoroughly trampled, the crowd howls with delight. Only the priest, who seems to have wisely stayed behind, is still alive!

"Hm. This isn't good."

While the crowd is busy setting drapes on fire, he makes a run into one of the side passages. He's pretty quick, Lars has to admit. However, that still won't save the temple from destruction!

[Templewrecking roll: 2]

The crowd is disappointed to find out that there isn't much around here to set on fire, regrettably, beyond a few tapestries. And even those are really small. Kezilamites sure are frugal. Takes the fun out of destroying everything, you know.

Elizas, observing that his crowd is of the silly sort, tries to dispel any ill-conceived notions the sordid lot might harbor.

"Azza-who? No, I speak of the new true God who was contacted me! Let me tell you of his greatness!"

[Elizas vocal performance roll: 5+1]

He steps on the table and strums a few chords on the guitar to get both the crowd and himself in the mood.

"Somebody throw me a bottle!"

Somebody does - it's a bit too close to his face for his liking, but he catches it nonetheless. Taking a swig from it, then returning it via a similar throw aimed at the generous provider's face (after all, wouldn't want to go against custom), he begins to sing.

His voice, marinaded in delicious wine, causes the people around to turn their heads and listen in a generally enraptured fashion. Like Elizas previous work, "The God of Alcohol and Polygamy is the God For You and Me", this song is also expository in its nature. It starts out with the tale of a bunch of people kept in the hold of poor alcohol, diseased women and, as a consequence, very uncomfortable STD's that generally all make things uncomfortable. This discomfort is accented through strategically used dissonances that also serve to attract the attention of any drunks still oblivious to the musical number.

Then Elizas changes the tune a little, making it more upbeat as he explains that, despite all this, there is still hope! Oh yes! There is a way to cure one's ailments, to improve one's booze, to have a better, more joyous life! And this way lies in the worship of the One True God, the God of Booze and Many Women! In the soaring chorus that follows the verse, Elizas explains that the God of Booze and Many Women dwells in the mythical River of Endless Enjoyment, the stream that flows from the divine heights of heaven to the minds and hearts of all that accept it. And that we all should make room for the River of Endless Enjoyment within our hearts, as it is the spice of our life, the only meaning one can possess in their lifetime.

The next verses grow more and more optimistic, and the catchiness of the chorus soon infects the entire audience - by the fourth time the chorus is played, the whole lot is singing along, having memorized the words by heart at this point. After the entire 8-verse song (it gets into more detail as it goes on, elaborating on the more aggressive parts of the faith, such as setting zealots opposed to fun on fire) is done, complete with impressive guitar solos, the crowd is completely enraptured, the Ballad of the River having taken a special place in their minds. Once Elizas finishes playing, he is met with wild applause and admiration. These people love him. They really love him!

Shashari, noticing the witches in the clearing, is a bit disturbed. After all, there's so many of them around. This place must be pretty magical.

"Huh. Well, looks like I was right to look around... um, but yes! What's here, and where's Hazutiim?"

"Why, he's right there."

The heathen walks into the center of the clearing, then strolls over to the tree. Yeah, there's definitely something off-putting about its shape, Shashari finds. The heathen presses his ear to the trunk, then sticks his head into a hollow on one of the sides. A minute later, he pulls it back out and walks back to Shashari, looking slightly sad.

"Hazutiim doesn't like the idea of betraying Shamiil. Shamiil's been good to us, he says. Hasn't flooded the area lately. Wouldn't be wise to tempt her wrath is what he's saying."

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:44:30 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 15, 2013, 01:55:32 pm »

Oh. Either those berries were hallucinogenic or I'm having a vision.

Gronok floats over to the ogre.

Could you tell me where Mo'kar is? I'm sure he's here somewhere, and I can jump off the moon to get to him!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 15, 2013, 02:03:00 pm »

Dude, Gronok is tripping some major ballsack right now. I mean, Holy Fukken' Shit level tripping right now.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2013, 02:47:23 pm »

Dude, Gronok is tripping some major ballsack right now. I mean, Holy Fukken' Shit level tripping right now.
MMMmmmmmmamammaamaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2013, 06:10:00 pm »

"Hm. Worth a shot..."

See if I can hold the bucket closed. If not, search the village for (in order) bucket-repair supplies, other buckets, or some less-ostentatious water receptacle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2013, 10:59:34 pm »

That priest... he cannot be allowed to escape.  Lars needed a couple more bodies, and to set the rest right.

Lars pointed at two strong-looking men near him.  "You two!  Come with me!  The rest of you, get flammable things and set this abominable place alight!"

Say the above while getting two villagers to chase after the priest with me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 16, 2013, 08:22:59 pm »

"Pfah! Ash'Mah is the One True God, and Water is one of her favorite things.

...who's this Hazutiim anyway and why is he living in a tree surrounded by witches?"

Theology!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 16, 2013, 09:05:34 pm »

"Now we must purge the world of sinning philistines! Tell me my comrades, where are the heretics?"

Elizas asks the people of the bar for the nearest Kezilam stronghold they can pillage.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Turn 54 - Fear And Loathing On The Pilgrim's Path

Gronok realizes that the current state of affairs is most certainly abnormal. This means one of two things - he is either tripping major balls or he is tripping major balls under the influence of God. Better make it count then!

He tries to float over to the ogre, but it seems to be at the end of a long and narrow tunnel, and he is simply too large to fit through it! When he tries to argue with the tunnel, it shrinks further, so Gronok decides to leave it be for the time being. Instead, he shouts to the ogre.

"Could you tell me where Mo'kar is? I'm sure he's here somewhere, and I can jump off the moon to get to him!"

"We are in the house of Mo'kar right now. I should know, as I AM him!"

It's true. He is. How else would his hands have reached through the narrow tunnel that stretches over a mile in length?

Well, that resolves that question, at any rate. That still leaves the whispering, yet exploding trees. They don't seem like they possess the best of intentions, Gronok thinks.

Phiali, unwilling to part with his treasured water receptacle, sees if he can hold the old and battered bucket closed.

Probably not, he guesses, as he would probably have to set it down at some point. Not to mention that the holes in the thing are a bit too numerous to hold closed with one's hands, which means that Phiali might get wet. And that's not a good thing. Better look for bucket repair supplies or something. He goes on to survey the houses for anything useful.

After about half an hour of searching, he locates some silvery metal! A thin, large sheet of it, to be exact. It was propped up against one of the walls in one of the less ruined houses. This could certainly come in handy.

Lars understands that this priestly fellow probably should be killed quickly, otherwise there might be trouble. He sees two rather ordinary-looking people and decides that they'll probably do.

"You two!  Come with me!  The rest of you, get flammable things and set this abominable place alight!"

"Will do!"

The two guys with torches run after him while the rest start looking for flammable stuff.

[Lars pursuit roll: 2]
[Priest escape roll: 3]

Lars and company run into the passage the priest took, but can't seem to find the guy. He does get the feeling that the sneaky fellow's nearby.

[Lars pursuit roll: 3]
[Priest escape roll: 3]

He and his band of helpers run down a hallway, cross a few intersecting tunnels and kick open a few doors. At certain points, they hear something run from them, and they realize that their quarry isn't far away.

[Lars pursuit roll: 1-->1]
[Priest escape roll: 2]

After a moment, they find their quarry!

It isn't the priest. Rather, it is a guard.

"Ah! You guys! I was looking for you!"

Shashari doesn't entirely defer to the judgement of this Hazutiim. After all, if he lives in a tree, surely he can't be that smart.

"Pfah! Ash'Mah is the One True God, and Water is one of her favorite things."

"The sun is one of my favorite things, but I cannot influence its rise and fall each day."

"...who's this Hazutiim anyway and why is he living in a tree surrounded by witches?"

"I'd rather not speak of it at this juncture. Hazutiim wouldn't like that."

Awfully secretive, this Hazutiim.

Elizas, having endeared himself to the crowd, moves on to the next step in today's agenda.

"Now we must purge the world of sinning philistines! Tell me my comrades, where are the heretics?"

"Hold up there, buddy! What's all this purging talk?"

"Yeah, purging is what Kezilamites do!"

"Ain't there a better way to deal with 'em? After all, they've got sharp swords and lotsa people."

"And fire! Lotsa fire!"

"Can't we just have a drink with 'em?"

"I don't think they drink, Hizin!"

"Good for them! More for us, then!"

The rest of the patrons seem to agree that this is a very good thing and resume drinking, some still humming the tune they just heard.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:38:58 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh! Sorry I didn't recognize you; I was busy being the sky, murmured Gronok, now a frothy wave of soap bubbles in the night sky.
Just a question, lord. Why me? Why choose me?

Ooh, look. The sky is in thrice half twister now.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Is Xantalos hallucinating or in some kind of meditative state?))

Line the inside of the bucket with the silvery metal. Pour water in. See what happens.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Love how this RTD's still going so far, great job Harry :D

Also, yellowgreen text :3))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((While I'm sure Gronok would BS this guy and get him to do something hilarious, Lars favors the direct approach.))

Lars stopped and pointed directly at the guard.

"Sinner!  Throw down your weapons and renounce your false god!  Bow to the One True God or taste the flames!"

Convert the heretic!  If he doesn't, the three of us with torches should be sufficient to set him on fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(GWG: I ate hallucinogenic berries.)
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Fine. Bartender, give me your strongest stuff!"

Elizas takes a break from his conversion work to get so smashed he's practically asking for a message from God while unconscious.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 60