Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69057 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 57 - Mo'kar's Journey
« Reply #540 on: May 28, 2013, 03:27:31 pm »

"Hmph! I've never done what you do either, I don't think, and I've never been flooded. I guess that does happen to old people, though.

Oh, but yes! Ash'Mah the Serpent is the One True God. I became His prophet through a vision, well, maybe more of an experience. What do you call it when you suddenly get really inspired and start cackling madly while making glass figurines of everything great in your village?

Anyway I did that, and in so doing so affirmed my superiority to my home and confirmed my devotion to Ash'Mah, God of Coveting Everything You Want. She teaches us to claim that which we desire, like I did with this strong ram and this nice guy with a gorgeous singing voice.

He also likes water and, uh... I'm not entirely sure otherwise. I'm still not a master of everything She likes. Oh but I think He likes watching heathens burn, I, uh... I'm not going to burn you or anything, I just thought I should mention it."

More theology.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 28, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »

Thank ... thank you, Mo'kar.

Sleep.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2013, 09:27:53 am »

Lars got low as the arrows came in.  Encouraging people to charge a group of archers would be trickier than getting them to charge injured guards.

"Heretics of the false Kezilam!  Throw down your arms and repent or taste the burning flames of the One True God!

He then spoke quietly to the three with him.

"See if you can get around behind those archers..."

Intimidate guards.  Attempt flanking.

[Craftsmanship roll: 1-->1]

I think this sums up the whole bucket enterprise.  GM, pity good roll for him!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 58 - Burning Really Hurts
« Reply #543 on: May 31, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »

Turn 58 - Burning Really Hurts

Phiali, having successfully buggered the entire leaf-sleeve enterprise so far, tries to form a watertight seal! With water! But for this, he will need more leaves, which prove easy to find, considering that this is indeed a forest that he's almost stranded in. Now to work some magic!

[Craftsmanship roll: 2]

After putting more leaves in the bucket and hoping that works, Phiali comes to the conclusion that it really doesn't. Or maybe there's too many points where it leaks (almost every point, to be exact) for that to work. Or maybe cohesion and adhesion don't work like that. The fun part about engineering is that you never know! And sometimes you never get the opportunity to find out!

Shashari is not intimidated by the filthy heathen's anecdotal evidence. She takes his illogical viewpoint and presents her own view!

"Hmph! I've never done what you do either, I don't think, and I've never been flooded. I guess that does happen to old people, though."

"Oh, but yes! Ash'Mah the Serpent is the One True God. I became His prophet through a vision, well, maybe more of an experience. What do you call it when you suddenly get really inspired and start cackling madly while making glass figurines of everything great in your village?"

"Well, it's certainly inspiration of some kind, though-"

"Anyway I did that, and in so doing so affirmed my superiority to my home and confirmed my devotion to Ash'Mah, God of Coveting Everything You Want. She teaches us to claim that which we desire, like I did with this strong ram and this nice guy with a gorgeous singing voice."

"Hey! I'm not property! I'm-"]

"He also likes water and, uh... I'm not entirely sure otherwise. I'm still not a master of everything She likes. Oh but I think He likes watching heathens burn, I, uh... I'm not going to burn you or anything, I just thought I should mention it."

"Uh, one question. Is Ash'Mah male or female? It's just that it's getting a bit-oh, nevermind. Anyway, it does seem interesting that you haven't been flooded and that you feel inspired, even. And I am also quite glad you won't burn me. Burning really hurts."

"I know, right?"

"Yes, verily. Still, I suppose it does come down to which god is better. And there is no better way to determine this than a show of power. Show me and Hazutiim that you can control the river, and we - well, I, at any rate, shall convert."

Gronok feebly thanks Mo'kar and fades into blissful sleep. Though it's not all that much like sleep - Mo'kar is still here, he knows. And the city is still the same, though a bit different in some way. Less... blissful. He flies through the cityscape, observing all that lies beneath him with a wise eye. The one he seeks, the Mocker, lies somewhere around here.

"That I do."

And he needs to find this fellow.

"That you do."

But why?

"Disobedience toward the wise one."

And how?

"Defiance of the true speaker. Punishment is to be delivered."

Suddenly, there is a wall. A large wall with some writing on it. Concentrating for a moment, Gronok can make out what's written on it: "ALL WILL DROWN", scrawled by an unsteady, yet seemingly incredibly determined hand.

"All who sin must burn. But the very special few, they must drown slowly in blood. Such is the retribution of the wise one."

The dream seems to repeat itself several times, becoming ever more a chaotic jumble until only a few words remain. The message remains clear enough, however.

"Drowned in blood, the sins are washed clean of this earth."

Eventually Gronok wakes up. He feels better. Quite a bit better, though there's still a bit of fogginess.

"Feeling better?"

Lars ducks down as arrows fly overhead, then goes for an intimidation attempt!

[Intimidation roll: 3]

"Heretics of the false Kezilam!  Throw down your arms and repent or taste the burning flames of the One True God!

The guards don't seem very responsive aside from somebody laughing loudly.

"Who is the heretic here, fool? You stand in the home of the goddess, infidel!"

Predicting that not all Kezilamites are quite as easy to convert as the one in his personal guard, he explains a battle plan to his retinue of three people in a hushed voice.

"See if you can get around behind those archers..."

They nod and move out in the crowd, who appear to be advancing on the guards menacingly.

[Retinue flanking roll: 3]

However, they don't seem to be able to get in too advantageous of a position, only managing to creep up from a side that has a few less guards.

[Retinue vs. Bow-Guards 1 and 2: 3+2 vs. 4+1]

And they can't even get too close, as the archers soon have prepared another volley.

[Bow-Guards vs. God-Mob: 2+2 vs. 1+2]

They shoot down about two mob members before the whole group bears down on them!

[Bow-Guard retreat vs. God-Mob speed: 5 vs. 6]

As the mob closes in, the archers try to quickly vacate their shooting spot, but the mob members are too fast!

[God-Mob vs. Bow-Guards: 4+3 vs. 1+2]

All seven of them are set on fire, and four are immediately trampled to death!

[Bow-Guard self-extinguishing rolls: 1-->5, 1-->4, 1-->5]

Considering that they were in the middle of a retreat as they were set on fire, they don't notice they have this combustion problem until it's too late, that is, until they are rather difficult to put out. So three flaming guards and what looks like a priest, though a different one than the one from before, quickly beating a brave retreat and rapidly disappearing into the passages leading further into the temple.

For a moment, everything is quiet apart from the screaming, burning guards, who are put out of their misery by the merciful crowd. Then everything becomes real quiet in the temple.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 31, 2013, 05:23:20 pm »

"Hm...did I try this already? Well, can't hurt to look again."

Search the jungle for a gourd or something else hollow to put water in.

"Why is this town so devoid of water-carrying objects, anyways? No one had a spare waterskin or barrel?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 31, 2013, 06:03:58 pm »

Gronok groggily got up.
"Yes, much better."
He looks at the origin of the voice.
"Who are you?"
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 31, 2013, 06:23:11 pm »

"Oh. Um. Oh! Haven't I already, constructing that bridge like that?

Oh, and Ash'Mah is both. If there was anything He liked about one gender or the other, She'd have taken it, right?"

Technicality?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 31, 2013, 06:28:46 pm »

Elizas proceeds up to whomever looks like the manager of this fine institute.

"Greetings! I am a musical prodigy from an exotic land, and would like to offer your patrons and employees a night of fine quality guitar playing in exchange for a reasonable commission."

Elizas offers to get a job for the night at the brothel.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 31, 2013, 07:29:23 pm »

I know that's not what you mean, but still...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 01, 2013, 04:04:09 am »

Gronok groggily got up.
"Yes, much better."
He looks at the origin of the voice.
"Who are you?"

It looks to be Onon, actually, though his shape is a bit hazy.

"What, you don't remember? I'm Onon! The person you both named and saved from imprisonment!"

That clinches it, then. Onon it most certainly is!

"Oh. Um. Oh! Haven't I already, constructing that bridge like that?

Oh, and Ash'Mah is both. If there was anything He liked about one gender or the other, She'd have taken it, right?"

"Oh no. You most certainly haven't. If anything, you have only tempted the wrath of the river maiden by attempting to step over her works. To demonstrate your control of the river and attunement to it, you will have to swim it. Swim over it, then swim back. Also, good to know about your god's... interesting state."

Elizas proceeds up to whomever looks like the manager of this fine institute.

"Greetings! I am a musical prodigy from an exotic land, and would like to offer your patrons and employees a night of fine quality guitar playing in exchange for a reasonable commission."

It's difficult to spot anybody fitting that description. Perhaps they're not around this particular room. There are a few guards, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 01, 2013, 06:28:41 am »

...Was that the turn?

"Hm...did I try this already? Well, can't hurt to look again."

Search the jungle for a gourd or something else hollow to put water in.

"Why is this town so devoid of water-carrying objects, anyways? No one had a spare waterskin or barrel?"
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 01, 2013, 06:32:47 am »

...Was that the turn?

Your turn doesn't count because it has an action. When a turn only has talking in it, I try to process it immediately in order for the actual turn to have, you know, an action. I've been kind of forgetting to do this lately. I took some liberties with TCM's action because he didn't post for last turn and it's a bit elementary for an action, anyway.

After all, no sense in wasting a turn when you just turn to somebody and ask who they are. Dialogues would take forever in that case.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 01, 2013, 10:19:21 am »

Ah.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 01, 2013, 12:34:49 pm »

"Ah, my apologies, my vision was a little blurry. Where are we?"
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 01, 2013, 12:48:01 pm »

"Oh no. You most certainly haven't. If anything, you have only tempted the wrath of the river maiden by attempting to step over her works. To demonstrate your control of the river and attunement to it, you will have to swim it. Swim over it, then swim back. Also, good to know about your god's... interesting state."
"Oh. Well. I can do that," Shashari said, a little nervously.

Go inspect the river's swimmability.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 60